Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: where do you keep your clothes

where do you keep your clothes

For those of you who are closet dressers like me , where do you keep your clothes so that no one finds them. I have to keep mine in the garage.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    wow..what a good question.!!!!!!...I keep mine in musical instrument road cases that I KNOW nobody is going to open. Nobody looks twice at them & thinks they are filled with...well...what SHOULD be in them....I also keep my male Adidas shoe boxes and store my shoes in them @ the top of my closet where you need a stepping stool to reach....and honestly if they got spotted I wouldnt really care I would say " yea...so...they are cute right" LOL...I am kinda in the closet...but kinda not. Certain blouses are also stored UNDER male shirts on hangers....angain...if i get caught its not the end of the world for me...

Makeup addict!
    They're in my dresser underneath the male clothes

I finally live alone! So....my bedroom is all women's clothing. My spare bedroom/office is where I go to work and to drab.

used to be in a small suitcase in the garage, wig had a few items in the head space so as not to get squashed (most clothes are now in daughters rooms somewhere on their floor)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I emptied out one of the bags to hang my suits in and stuffed hangable items in that. The rest are all in a bin underneath my bed, stuffed way in the back behind everything else. It works out really well.
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

Garage for me too! Crusty old ammunition box, tucked deep under a bench. Makeup in the wardrobe inside, again disguised and tucked away. I think we'd be able to advise any girl on how to create a crush free wardrobe and crossdresser do make the best secret agents!

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Makes you wonder about a lot of guys who spend an inordinate amount of time in their garage, doesn't it...?

Garage for me too - partly it's defined as my workshop and cave/retreat but it also has a lockable filing cabinet for 'tools'... Other things just stored in non-descript boxes, and my makeup and jewellery in a new toolbox..

It'd be easier to be out of my garage, but at least it imposes sensible limitations on how much stuff Katey can have - she can be a compulsive buyer when it comes to shoes and boots...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

!/2 a dresser drawer. It's kind of sad, so little of a pile for so much of my self.
    Love KristyE

Well I recently began extending my wardrobe for the first time and actually getting some nice clothes, so I needed more space, but share a flat, so I bought a travel suitcase and have that in the bottom of my wardrobe, lockable with a padlock, if anyone asks, then its just a bag for holidays and it has wheels so can take it on the go nice and easily

Julie Ma'am!
    The dresser is for dresses as I always say!

Junior Member Alice-n-wonderland's Avatar
    I keep all my stuff in my trunk, need a better place for sure.

Girls, I've been there, I've hide thing all over the hones and shop. But for the last 15 years I now have 2 draws in the dresser one for my girls things ( its the big one ) and one for my male things and in the closet hangs all my girl clothes just be side my male clothes (which is very little) Good luck that your things are not found.

When I was in the closet, which was unfortunately a very long time, I had stuff all over the place at first, hidden in nooks and crannys, but not in the garage, I always worried about mold! Anyhow, back in the early 90's I was watching a show on spies. They spoke of this idea of "hiding in plain sight." So I tried it, I had a small overnight style luggage that I filled with half my stuff, and put that next to my bed as if to simply have it at the ready for some random trip, and nobody ever even gave it much thought (until I had to empty it into a drawer just before actually really using it!). The other half of my stash went right under my desk in a paper box, like for 20 reems of printer paper or there about. I always made sure there was paper in the printer, or a pack sitting on top of the big box and nobody ever paid attention.
    I suppose if anyone needs an extra reason to come out of the closet it would be that it keeps you clothing nicer!

I amn once again reminded of my great good fortune. My stuff hangs in the closet or is folded in my drawers. It's funny to look in my closet. We have several matching outfits so there are all these duplicate dresses hanging next to each other.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Currently, everything is at a sort of local storage facility that's only open during business hours, in an effort to make it hard to get to at times when I'm most likely to really want to crossdress. However, when I was married I used to keep things stashed above the suspended ceiling in the basement, and under the floorboards in the attic. However, I had a pair of high heels that were simply at the bottom of the closet under a bunch of other normal buy shoes, in a box which originally held men's shoes. They stayed there for years, she never noticed, and I don't know why she would, my shoes were pretty boring. The other stuff? I had done lots of work on the house, and spotted several spots where no one would have any reason to look. The stuff under the floorboards in the attic crawlspace, well unless you were pulling up the floor for some bizarre reason no one would ever find that, either; the 'loose' boards were under a long piece of linoleum. Hope this helps.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

AndreaSC/CD
    I have a Honda CR-V, in the back there is a table that comes out for mini picnics (only used it once). When the table is in the back there is a open space for storage. I keep everything in there. Literally, I have my clothes every where I go :-)
    Andrea SC
    Where are my heels?

I used to have a suitcase with a lock on under my bed. Now that my partner knows they are in my drawer with other male clothes. I like to hang them but out of respect keeping them out of sight for now.

Katie x

I used to keep them in a box in the trunk of my car under the spare tire. Then they were in the attic in an old speaker box.
    Thankfully now I don't have to do that anymore and they are in the closet and dresser where they belong.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I keep my stash at work and ship my gear on ahead for some dressing time on business trips.

Many years ago, I had an old hard sided suit case that locked, I kept it all in there in the garage. But while technically I'm still in the closet to the rest of the world, the wife has known for about 38 years. So, hanging things have a closet of there own, just out side the bedroom door, with a chest of drawers in it for the rest.
    I also have bags of out of season, or out of my current size stuffed under most beds in the house.
    It pays to have an understanding wife.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I keep most of them in 3 large plastic totes in my workshop, some in a file cabinet draw in my office and some under my male clothes in my dresser.

Yah when I was deep in the closet I kept my stuff in a locked suitcase in the trunk of my car. It was a combination lock, once day my then-wife, looking for tire-changing tools, tried the combination she thought I'd likely have set and bingo. After that I kept my stuff in the loft above my backyard workshop. Then I came out and was outed and now that the dust has settled I use a spare bedroom in my house for my closet, girl stuff and guy stuff neatly and openly on clothing racks, girl bureau and guy bureau, wall of shoes in boxes. My wife and I share a high closet bar for our long dresses and nightwear.

I keep mine in the closet, like myself.
    In years gone by I found plenty of voids around the home to store them safely.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I used to keep it all in a large lock box (a big hardware/storage box I bought from Canadian Tire).
    A year ago I moved in with a person I knew from years back in Halifax who used to be my neighbour there and knew about Aeslyn and where I moved to no one comes and visits (my new place is way quite a way from downtown Vancouver where I used to live). So now I just keep my stuff out in the open with everything else. My dressing has actually increased because of this.