Thread: In drab plus skirt - No problem

In drab plus skirt - No problem

Girls
    Recently, as many of you may already know, I have taken to wearing a sarong skirt whilst dressed in drab (plus panties). My wife has made me three such skirts and I have been testing the waters to see what reaction I get wearing them around different venues.
    The first place was - of course home and all the reaction I got was "Dad is that a sarong?" He then went on to make some comments about dads dress and dads skirt. That was four weeks ago. Since then he never mentions it.
    Second place. Outside washing the car. Several people walked past and not a comment. My neighbor came over to borrow my nailgun and never batted an eye.

All going well but my wife wouldnt let me go out of the yard.

Third place. The pool shop (needed chemicals for the pool) and the beer shop. Go out of the yard....Still no comments even at the beer shop.

Last weekend we went to a beachside hotel for a mini break and I got to wear the skirt to the beach and also around the hotel. It was Soundwave weekend (A heavy metal festival) and a lot of artists were staying at the hotel. Still no comments and my wife is getting more confident Im not going to be beaten up. But there is still the normal shops to try and she is reluctant. Saturday we went to a local Deli and the video shop and returned via the beer shop again.
    This time my wife noticed some double take stares but still no comments...All going well.

Yesterday I spent the whole day in my skirt and we went to several places where there were kids and adults and everything was fine. I even had a great chat with another neighbor whilst washing my car.
    So all in all a very good experience.

I know to many of you that wearing just a skirt isnt enough but for me it is amazing. If I get dressed fully I get bored quite quickly where as I can wear a skirt happily all day and I dont need all the other stuff.

Where I live in Australia probably contributes to the nonchalance as we have the weather and beachside living (like California), and sarong/skirts are popular beachwear for girls - and if I get my way for boys too.

So Ill keep you posted as Im only wearing my skirts as an exercise to gauge reactions (yeah right).
    I have attached two pics. One long and one short, same skirt just worn differently. I have two others but no pictures as yet...Ellie

Ellie,
    We all have to gain confidence somehow.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have seen a lot of men sporting that look (usually at festivals and art events). It doesn't come off as crossdressing. It seems more like artist/hippie/cool dude vibe.

I once thought about buying a kilt to wear around town. I had this fantasy that people would stare at me and I could respond by saying "what, its just a kilt". When I finally get home I realize I have a wig and lipstick on as well...

Banned Read only
    Judging by your pics, lack of heels, probably "helps". In the US, many men wear "shorts" that long or longer... that might look like what you are wearing from anything other than a head on angle. I have worn ONLY heels with [real] shorts for over 12 years to everywhere except work.

Never had anything close to a "problem" because I don't skulk about and I treat people right. [Teenagers don't really qualify as people and there are numerous ways to "educate" them, anyway]

Being TREATED RIGHT is what the vast majority of folks desire is the obvious conclusion.

Ellie - I think it looks fine... I suppose it is a quite unisex style and colour... might fancy something in batik myself - reds, yellows, bright primaries - but then I'm so dated...

What really surprises me, is that you're the only one around wearing one...! I would have thought scores of young Aussies would take to these as being comfy beach wear..

Maybe you should take it further (no - not the dressing...) - maybe you should set up a stall and start selling them? "Ellie's Sultry Sarongs.." I can see it now...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I think people are generally pretty good about not bothering others as long as you are being classy about it. As long as you are not being offensive, I think others are pretty good about just going about their own day.

I saw a man in NYC strolling around in a medium length skirt with high heels. No one was even looking twice because it was tasteful and he wasn't drawing your attention to him.

I wore a skirt in public once while in a drab top and no wig or anything. I still feel that the bravest thing I've ever done in my life is walking around that mall in a knee length wool pencil skirt.

Congratulations and I wish you continued success on this endeavor.
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

I think they look great! Good for you!
    Reine

I have gone out in a blouse, skirt, hose, and heels as a man. I got a lot of looks. Occasionally, people nudge their friends and then they all look. Occasionally, sets of young people will look and then tuck their heads into the center of their group like they are trying to suppress a group laugh. Otherwise, I get almost no reaction. People pretend not to notice.

You do not look feminine in your pictures. If I saw you, I would notice a skirt, but I would not assume you are a crossdresser. You are not obviously breaking gender rules. I cannot tell if you are wearing hose or are shaved. That might tilt the scale. From what I have read here from the people who go public with their crossdressing, your friends and family will take it in stride even if they don't approve. So, maybe it really doesn't matter, socially speaking.

jjjjohanne
    I have been out a few times totally en femme, and never had any issues. But I didn't take any great pleasure in it, so I don't do it anymore. I am more than happy just to wear the sarong/skirt (with shaved legs). This allows me the freedom to wear a skirt out and about but be totally relaxed with it as well - like you say "not assume you are a crossdresser". I am a crossdresser (As seen in my avatar) but not one who wishes to be seen as female (except in the odd photo shoot). In fact when I get dressed fully I get bored quickly and revert back to male mode - even at home with my wife's approval.
    The times I did go out fully dressed I felt silly even though I seemed to pass OK. It didn't provide the enjoyment I thought it would. I enjoy the sarong with a nice pair of panties and this seems enough for me....Ellie
    Last edited by Ellie52; 03-11-2014 at 06:59 AM.

Hi Ellie, i spent a bit of time in indonesia, and basically had to wear a male sarong just to not offend the locals, it became pretty natural and i wore them in share buses when i came home. Even though i XD, this didn't do it for me. But they do wear nice patterns and it is a good cover story if that would make life easier.

Tanya+ (Tassie)

Love them.....good on you!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Platinum Member
    if it works for you, then do it!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt