Thread: Bizarre Flickr interaction.

Bizarre Flickr interaction.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it's sort of TG related. Apparently, Flickr decided to flag my photo page as "unsafe" and said I had to go through and redo the safety levels on all my pictures. They provided a link to their guidelines, and according to their own words, "restricted" was for full-frontal nudity. "Moderate" (which is what all my photos are set to) is for bare breasts and bottoms. Considering there is no nudity whatsoever in any of photos, I can only surmise the my photo stream was singled out because someone was offended by seeing a man in women's clothing. I am fully-clothed in all my photos. I keep it "moderate" just so that users have be logged in to see my pictures. I don't want the whole world to get at the photos that easily!

I followed the procedure to get my account re-reviewed, and it came back as "safe/public" so I can possibly assume it was a misunderstanding, or maybe I'm just being paranoid. Has this happened to anyone else? I suppose I keep forgetting how much hatred is out there, and that what we view as normal is repulsive to a lot of people.

You don't like it, don't look! It's not like some kid who stumbles across pictures of a man in a dress and heels is going to be scarred for life!

I have had this site banned by some providers because of the word" CROSSDRESSERS "

Big bad word until you explain.
    Subsequent reviews have given the all clear.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    It must be some misunderstanding. I just went to Flickr and inputted crossdressers. Up popped a full screen of men attired in women's clothing including a shot of a cross dresser in a French maid outfit in rope bondage. Go figure? I do to Flickr following the leads posted on this site, and, sometimes to check out how well some of cross dressers present. I've never enrolled so I do not know what the pictures are where it is required to sign in.

I can imagine some rinky-dink Internet provider in some conservative town may think cross dressing is over the top and block it out. I can see that also happening in a public library where young kids can get an eyeful. But, under those situations the librarian can accommodate an adult request.

There are some really attractive cross dressing men on Flickr and elsewhere, who would not be identified as cross dressers if they have not 'outed' themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post

There are some really attractive cross dressing men on Flickr and elsewhere, who would not be identified as cross dressers if they have not 'outed' themselves.
    Well, and that's the other oddball thing is that nowhere on the site to I refer to myself as a "cross dresser" nor do I use any gender-related words at all. If fact, I don't even have a profile completed. Someone would've had to just assume from the photos that I'm genetically male...hey, wait a minute! Now I'm offended!

When I receive any unusual email that claims to be from a site I use, I will not click on anything on that page until I have verified it actually IS from them by forwarding the email to the site's security email address. There are a lot of spoof emails out there and you do NOT want to give them ANY information at all.
    Safety first!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

The same thing happened to me too, Flickr flagged some photos as unsafe. However, the only thing I had in the profile was me in a conservative skirt, blouse and a coat, as my avatar, and of course no nudity.

I erased the photo, uploaded the same pics, and told them that I have taken away the unsafe photos (well literally I did not take away any photo, since I didn't have any unsafe photo) and they then approved the same photos :-)

I think there are a few people working for Flickr that imposing there own, and not FLickr's, moral values when disapproving profiles.

/Bima