Thread: Wearing my men's clothes as a woman?

Wearing my men's clothes as a woman?

I had this thought the other day. I have a few pair of cute heels a few cute skirts, but no tops that fit well (yet). I was think of dressing en femme with my almost knee length denim skirt, tan wedge heels, black tights, and a men's flannel shirt. I think it goes nicely with jeans, but I'm just wondering since GG's wear men's clothes and look fine if there's been any issues with non GG's wearing such clothing and still passing.

Thanks in advance girls.

Hi Sandra!

It is certainly doable. but I think you have to be sure that the casual look that most male clothes seem to have on women is appropriate for the group and the time and place. Also, you're going to have to be careful that the shirts do not gap at your bustline. Try a few, take some pictures, and see what you think.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    "Passing" has very little to do with the clothes you wear. It's much more involved than that

I bought a wonderful Tahari pantsuit once- I was on a business trip, the Tahari was on sale and in my size: Grey with white and light blue pinstripes. But nothing to wear under the jacket (this was one of my 'dry' (drab) trips...)! I had a light blue & white pinpoint weave shirt amongst my regular clothes- looked quite nice under the jacket. yes, it felt a little funny.

In some ways i think that man-tailored women's clothes are even sexier than an ultra feminine or ultra frilly style, in that the confidence of a woman who wears man-tailored items must be pretty high- and that feminine confidence in itself is a very attractive thing, at least to me. We've heard the phrase "Damning by faint praise.", well switch it around (like Oscar Wilde was wont to do) and it's sort of like: "Praising with faint damnation...."

Kind of subtle, or for the engineers in the gallery- a second order function...

Thanks, I've been wanting to make a post something along these lines for a bit- but it took a question to get the meat of it out without rambling on for paragraphs...

kristi

Only "purist" CDers would have issues wearing their own male clothes. I do it quite a bit and have never had an issue myself. In fact being en femme with my guy clothes makes them look better I think.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Thanks so much for all of the advice. I'm stil trying to find that "perfect look". All I know right now is form fitting mini skirt make my legs look amazing. :-). Otherwise still trying to work out the proper tops. Thank you all again so much for all of the advice and tips.

Sandra,

I think you can wear what you like but it needs a bit of care...

GGs that do look good in men's clothes tend to be those with a lot of other very feminine assets... There is also a more subtle element of not just grabbing the first man's shirt that comes to hand, as colour, pattern, styles, etc. are all going to play a part in how feminine one can end up looking. So... heavy plaid shirts - No. Button down Oxford shirts - not likely. Light cotton/ cheesecloth shirts - getting there...

Remember also that men's shirts tend to be tailored to emphasise male physical traits - you may be highlighting those on yourself by wearing a regular shirt. Having said that, there are girls here who are happy to go out in a blend of male and female clothing and make no attempt to represent one gender or the other, and I don't recall hearing of anyone having an issue.

Psychologically, I think I'd have a problem wearing one of my regular shirts with Katey's wardrobe... have to think on that one over another coffee!

Thanks Sandra - interesting perspective...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

No not for me. I wear blouses/ladies shirts all the time now. I'm going to chuck out my male ones as they are taking up room!

Hi,

Well i cant answer for trans or dresser's, though you know i hated male clothes and what they represented , i still wear my army boots , angle high boots mens of cause, they are the only ones i have plus my snow work boots from Working in Antartica, thats it really all others are womens . sneakers can be ether,and i dont mind that,

now clothes, socks are male , and of cause my bib overalls now they were for men , i just redid them to suit my body though ill have to be buying some new ones , the sad detail is they wont be pink,

For our Brass band in the main the uniform was for men and we have 4 women and we wear what they have the trousers were for the men so we can wear them , hats are male, and the jacket / coat is allso male , now when im with the other band Sally's ill wear my skirt, us 4 women are Sally's of cause thier uniform is cut for both male and female im okay there as ill wear my shirt white of cause and tie ,

Because we join our bands together ill still wear the male clothes, apart from my skirt, and really it does not matter,

I can try and look like a male just people know me well enough to know im a female, body shape tells that,

So how do i think about this 7 years ago i would have had very strong issues going on, as was the case, so over the years iv come to im a member and part of our groups = band's = so ill wear what im given and be proud to wear my uniform, or uniforms as im a member of another band here in Waimate as well

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 03-11-2014 at 05:12 AM.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I was think of dressing en femme with my almost knee length denim skirt, tan wedge heels, black tights, and a men's flannel shirt.

Hmmm? Sounds like the tan wedgies would stand out a bit. How 'bout a photo? I do like the idea of wearing men's clothing the way a woman would. But then, I like the extreme blend sometimes. Full all-in-one shaper, nylons and heels with a business suit and tie.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Reality Check
    Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a nice top to go with your cute skirts and heels? I think a flannel shirt with heels would look pretty out of place.

Heels, no, Flannel shirt, it's called a boyfriend shirt, and the look is very popular, but you need chunkier shoes that go better with a outdoor look. I also agree, to pull it off you will need to go very feminine with every thing else. Hair make up and padding.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I have worn men's clothes when younger and had my boobs almost bust out of my shirt.
    Those that did not know me thought I was a cute chick.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Check the photos in this thread: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ighlight=shirt

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Silver Member
    A few years ago I was at an event when a woman walked up to me and said, We have on all the same clothes!" I turned to look at her, where upon she said see I have on my husband's shirt like yours. She also had on women's jeans and black boots. If she had touched my back she may have realized that I had on a bra like her. Would have loved to see if they matched. LOL. I also had on women's jeans and boots.

I wasn't trying to pass just under dressed and presenting as male. She did look cute in her husband's shirt.