Thread: First Time Out to a Club

First Time Out to a Club

It was a very exciting moment for me, it was a long time past due. I had driven by this particular bar several times, about a week or so ago I drove by and I swore I saw a CD walking in. This built me up to call the bar and ask, "Are CDs welcome in your club and will I be safe?" The man assured me it would be fine and no problems would arise. So I made the short drive and walked in, not nearly as nervous as I thought I would be. Being a Monday night not much was going on, but the bartender (that answered the phone) said, "You just called?" I said, "Yes, and I'm a little bit nervous." He reassured me all would be fine and asked me if I needed anything. I said, "A scotch on the rocks for a nerve builder please." He laughed and told me to relax, and it's funny that all first time CDs sit exactly where you're sitting." I laughed we introduced ourselves and chatted for a little while (super nice guy). I had a few drinks, mostly checked my FB and text a my daughter-in-law. It was amazing how fast I relaxed, a return trip is in order.
    The only scary part was I think I saw a lady I know, not for sure, she was sitting at the far end of the bar. I asked the bartender if he knew her and he said "no, but relax, she won't recognize you in dress." Still not for sure if it was her, and OH WELL. It was fun
    I looked in the mirror and saw a gurl

Sounds like a great first outing! First times nerves are always on edge, but pretty soon you will relax and enjoy being you!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Well done Rhonda. So now that you're sure other CDs frequent the place, how about meeting one or two? The bartender knows when they congregate, or flock together! Have fun girl. I love CD girlfriends.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Rhonda,

The first time out can be very nerve wrecking and you handled it well. It will get easier and more natural with each time you do it.

Hugs

Isha

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    hey glad you made it out....how many scOtches did you have LOL !

Sounds like quite the time

I agree with Lynn, ask the bar tender when the best time to catch a cd is or even leave a way to contact you so he can give it to other cd's. It would be pretty cool if you could do a weekly or bi-weekly meet up at that bar.
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

Rhonda,
    I hope it leads to more interesting things for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    hey glad you made it out....how many scOtches did you have LOL !
    I had a few, almost too many LOL, that was the main reason I left. I'll be more cautious next time, drink a little slower and maybe have a little water added the next time.

Thanks to others for the advice, I will talk to the bartender and see if there is a good time to meet other CDs. He did mention they come and go, but we'll see.
    Last edited by Rhonda Ann; 03-11-2014 at 02:10 PM.
    I looked in the mirror and saw a gurl

Platinum Member
    Yeah she won't know you in a dress. Glad you broke the ice and got out there!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt