Thread: Gaining more confidence in accepting myself and telling others

Gaining more confidence in accepting myself and telling others

Since accepting my crossdressing, I have gained more confidence.
    Up until a few months ago, I denied that part of myself, which I think, contributed to my depression. Over the past several months, I have come out to many friends, some family and several of my co-workers. In a conversation with one of my supervisors today, I told her about my crossdressing. She was very understanding. She even pointed out to me that by telling people about my crossdressing that I was being cathertic. I agree. I'm think I'm to the point where I'm not ashamed of my crossdressing and don't mind people knowing about it. I have been surprised on how supportive people of been. Since I grew up in the late 80s/ early 90s I was use to more stigmas attached to alternative lifestyles.
    Dana M

Platinum Member
    Imagine growing up twenty or thirty years earlier!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm glad that things are looking up for you. It's always nice to hear that others are doing well when they choose to start trusting people with that information.

I wish you continued success and happiness.
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

Thanks for the support.

Kim-- I can imagine how things would go twenty or thirty years ago I think thats why I am surprised at all the positive reactions.
    Dana M

Dana,good for you having the courage to come out to so many people in your life. Happy to hear that it's going well for you.

Dana, glad here to hear that you have become more accepting of yourself and telling others. I was where you are in acceptance and telling people a few months ago. We spend so much time binding and not being true to ourselves because we are afraid of others reactions. While some may not be accepting, it is surprising that most people are generally accepting of who you really are. This acceptance and support can bring so much happiness into our lives. Wishing you continued success in accepting your true self.

Good for you, Dana. It does make you feel good,huh?! I get a big kick out of telling people!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Congratulations on being able to be strong enough to go through the process of showing people who you are. Having seen the way people can act towards a change like that it is always refreshing to see that people are being accepting. Keep it going and be happy!

hey dana,
    happy to here things are moving along well for you,
    you signed up for the friends and family plan.
    keep us updated, congrats...
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

In the 70's Southern California i only told a couple of male friends about crossdressing. I just posted here about females in 2014 being more supportive of crossdressers.

Im with you completely. For my whole life, I had kept it a secret and was so afraid of what people would say or think. Even the first person I told (my wife) ended terribly and eventually lead to the downfall of my marriage. Once I had accepted myself though, it was like a weight had been lifted and I just didnt care anymore. Now, I am out to everyone including my upper level management, friends, family, coworkers, and even strangers lol. I go out dressed all the time and pretty much live full time now. I have accepted the fact that I am TS and will be starting hormones soon. (as soon as the therapists signs off on it.) I love who I am and who I am growing to be as I live day to day in self discovery. My job requires a unisex uniform so there is no self expression there, but I do wear makeup every day and its not subtle anymore. Anyone who can look past my thick rimmed glasses can see the pinks and golds in my eyeshadow. Surprisingly, customers dont even bat an eye at it. Maybe because I am the most knowledgeable expert in my store and if they want expert advice, they have to get over themselves lol. I even get positive comments about my nails from women all the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

Dana,
    I think the stigma diminishes daily.
    As long as you conduct yourself as a normal type of guy at work and don't show radical or off beat views you should be fine.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Business' want workers that help them achieve their goals. They are more likely to tolerate good workers' ideosyncrocies than those of poor workers.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Gone to live my life
    Hi Dana,

Congratulations on moving forward in accepting yourself. It is nice that you have had good outcomes in sharing your self with family, friends and coworkers.

Hugs

Isha