Last night I went out as Suzanne in Seattle. I went with 2 male friends that I grew up with in Ky. I was very close to them when we were young. I came out to them about this 2 months ago on a previous business trip to Seattle. One of the friends is a more sensitive thoughtful person. The other is a very alpha aggressive male. This was the first time they had seen me as Suzanne.

I picked up my one friend at the university where he works. He got in the car and said you look nice. He didn't miss a beat and we just were with each other in a wonderful new way. We joked a few times about my appearance and it was no big deal. Then we met my other friend for dinner.

He couldn't look me in the face for most of dinner. He ignored me many times in the conversation. It was just difficult for him. Finally I said to him that he hadn't even looked at me. He said, "Well you just are not very attractive." Ouch! I realized there wasn't going to be a story book ending for this situation. After dinner he left in his car.
My other friend asked me if I was ok. He knew my feelings had been hurt. I said I was ok. We went for coffee after walking around for several minutes. I perked up and realized I was ok. Here I was with my wonderful friend out as Suzanne. He treated me so nicely and I relaxed and was myself. A girl out having coffee with her male friend. It was sweet!
When I dropped off my friend he asked me to come in. His wife and son had not seen me like that before. My friend has already told them though. When I came in his wife exclaimed how pretty I had become. His teenage son came out and greeted me and spoke with me about his college choices. He was very polite. It all made me feel very accepted.
So I had another adventure. I was authentic even though there were some consequences. I told my friend on the way to coffee that nothing could take away the happiness I feel not hiding anymore. I know this is difficult for some I the people in my life. I hope they find peace with it. I know that I have!
Suzanne