Thread: Purging again?

Purging again?

I got rid of everything I had when I got married in the early 90`s. I took everything to the curb on trash day. Didn't think I needed it anymore. I was wrong. Over the period of a 18 year marriage, I replaced my wardrobe but with the correct size and style. Upon my divorce, my ex-wife purged for me. She took most of my cloths when she left. She returned some of them later, after I complained about what she took. She took any thing she wanted without reguard of who it belonged to.

Anyway, I recently found a consignment shop near by that sold nice cloths. So, I took about 30 items ranging from bras that were the wrong size to dresses that I didn't ware or never worn. I am going to buy more cloths with what I bring in.

Is this considered purging?
    Last edited by Diane Lynn; 03-12-2014 at 06:50 PM. Reason: grammer

No. This is called "updating you wardrobe."

You are being smart and sensible

Love those places! Up scale fashion but you have to know your brands.

clothes. I buy most of my clothes at consignment stores. I don't think donating clothes you don't wear to a consignment store is purging.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

That's a good purge, I just cleaned out the wardrobe recently and it feels good to know that you have less clothes that are a YES! instead lots of "maybe" and "one day" clothes. Plus you have more room for good clothes.

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    That is what is called good inventory management.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Not at all!
    A purge is a moment of temporary insanity that most of us have or will go through, sometimes even multiple times when we get fed up with the way Society, family, friends or Lovers treats us and decide to reject ourselves. And it is sad that anyone should ever go through those thoughts or feelings no matter who they are so long as they are not harming others. So No, not a purge at all, just another closet spring cleaning for a Lady ;-)

Bisexual GG
    Definitely updating your wardrobe, or at worst Spring Cleaning. This is something I do every so often, too (although most of the stuff that doesn't fit me ends up going to my husband).

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    not at all in fact its smart....i need to do the same thing I just been lazy but some of this stuff has to go....i need to do a makeup purge too..i have some real junk i gotta throw out i am never going to use again...

That is recycling for profit.
    That stuff you left in the kerbside would net you a tidy profit now.
    I sold a straight legged orange slack suit some time back for twenty dollars, It cost five dollars when new.

God it was hideous!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If you don't feel bad about doing it, it's not a purge. I have always believed a true purge comes loaded with guilt, fear, or pain. A thinning out of the closet, comes with a shopping trip and new clothes, it's much better than a purge.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

This is really not purging. I am a GG and my CD husband and I get rid of old clothes and replace them with new clothes often. I used to keep too many clothes and found I would not get new things because my closet was full. But now I try to get rid of old clothes and clothes that aren't right for me any more so I feel free to buy new and better fitting clothes. Happy shopping!!!!!