Thread: Next experience

Next experience

So I posted about my night out in Seattle with two male childhood friends. I then flew to Portland for more business meetings. This gave me the opportunity to see my cousin who knows all about Suzanne.

We had discussed going out when I was here a few months ago. Last week I texted and asked if she was free. She said she had a client dinner to go to would I go with her? I said sure and we would do the Suzanne thing another time. On Sunday she texted that we could go out and she wanted to meet Suzanne. I assumed that the dinner plans had been cancelled.

So last night she met me at my hotel. She said we had to pick up a girlfriend of hers. Turns out we were still took to the client dinner. My cousin had informed her client that her transgendered cousin would be coming with her if she did not mind. The is t said I was surely welcome and she thought it was wonderful that my cousin was supporting me!
    So I had dinner and hung out with 4 GGs for the entire evening. It was so wonderful. They were kind and loving to me. They asked a lot of questions and we had a great time. I can't express how much it meant to me. It was like I finally wasn't left out by the girls. I can't tell you how many times I yearned to just be one of the girls!

My cousin is just the best! She told me she decided that I was more important than any client and that was why she decided to let the client know she was bringing me. Again it was a chance to be authentic and the world did not end. I am so blesses with wonderful people in my life!

A super congratulations on this one Suzanne. That is quite a step. I know your confidence and ease when you are out. So, I also know that you could handle whatever came up. Now, your cousin gets another congratulations for what she did and her positive attitude about it all. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful true story.

To begin with you are very beautiful, and I am glad for you that you are on your journey to being who you want to be...I am also glad for you the your night out went so well

Hugs
    Miss Joann

Gone to live my life
    Hi Suzanne,

What a great story and it sounds like a fun evening. I love going out with my GG friends and just being accepted. Congrats!

Hugs

Isha

Suzanne, you deserve happiness & much more of it!! Your smile can be seen in Tennessee.

That experience, the acceptance by your cousin, and validation by the other ladies must have been OFF THE CHARTS.
    (Funny, the ladies were more accommodating than one of your life long friends.)

Congratulations....

What on earth can you possibly do for an encore?

Best wishes
    MsVal

Mel - that smile is going right through Tennessee, the eastern seaboard and all the way over here!

Suzanne - you may have had a hiccup in Seattle, but on the whole things just keep getting better - I'm so pleased for you - this really feels like you are getting positive payback for all your heartache...

You are one lucky and deserving girl, for sure...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    What a great adventure! It is a great complement to the excellence of your presentation that she would share you with her clients. You certainly were an asset to her.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Sounds like a wonderful evening, what a sweet cousin

Platinum Member
    That some of the best stories of acceptance I've ever heard. What w wonderful cousin you have and what a great experience.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Here is my cousin! Oh and me!
    Attached Images Attached Images

You are both wonderful!!!

Another great night for you! People can be wonderful and usually are in the end.

Suzanne, Thanks for the wonderful story of your adventure in Portland, I'm glad you got a warm and loving reception there. I was sorry to read of your 50/50 reception in Seattle, but it sounds like Portland more than made up for the disappointment in Seattle. Be sure to give your cousin a big hug and maybe send a thank you note when you get home.

The picture of you and your cousin is great, you look very happy!!

Hugs Bria

Wow what a wonderful evening it must have been! Your cousin is a total gem!

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Suzanne, What a great cousin! You both look so happy in that wonderful picture, it is great that you are getting that kind of support from a family member. Your Seattle story from the other day shows how support is not always universal and that makes the kind of support your cousin gave you all that much more special.

And that's a killer outfit girl! Love the skirt.
    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Threads like this really choke me up...Thanks Cuz--For being a great person!

Suzanne,
    A night to remember.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.