Thread: Mexican Restaurant in a Skirt

Mexican Restaurant in a Skirt

I recently visited a consignment store. The ladies working at the store were very helpful. They had me try on several outfits. One outfit impressed me. I decided to go back and buy it.

I left work (en drab, of course). I tried on the outfit. I asked the clerk if I could wear the outfit out of the store. She brought scissors and clipped my tags in the dressing room with me. I gathered up my courage and walked out of the dressing room.

A customer was in the store. She was about 55. She gave me a look and tried to maintain her pleasant expression. Then she went on shopping. I paid the clerk. While she was processing my order, I waited. There was a husband and wife in the other dressing room. I was hoping to hurry before he came out.

The older customer walked past me and tried to pay me no particular attention. I figured, she has already seen me, I should ask for her opinion. She responded, "You look great!" That's my style of outfit!

The clerk gave me my change. I thanked her. She knew I was planning on going to a restaurant dressed like this. She told me, "Have fun!" with a big smile.

I drove to a Mexican restaurant that is pretty far from my house. I have eaten there once before in a skirt. I think I have gone there in ladies pants or shorts before too. I got there, gathered my courage, and walked in. I was wearing a black top, a dark but colorful knee length flowing skirt, nude hose, 2.5 inch black heels, and my man head. I looked pretty good, in my opinion.

I intentionally went to a late lunch to avoid any crowds. Only one table had diners. There were four men who were done eating and were just chatting. I was standing beside a table, so I don't know how much of my lower half they could see. The most animated guy in the group was facing me and I think he noticed something unusual. The man who seated me did not seem to even notice my outfit. When I was seated, I looked over and saw that one of the men who had been seated with his back to me had turned my way. They went back to talking.

A different man took my order. My food came. With my heels on, I find that my knees are too high to cross my legs, so I sat as lady-like as I could and ate. Later, a couple other men came in and sat where they could not see me. I was not too terribly nervous. The big risk was over. I walked into a room with unknown people. No one who knew me was there.

I received my check and decided that I was going to have to stand up and go to the cash register no matter who saw me. So, I owned it as best I could and I paid my bill. I believe that the men became quiet while I stood there. I did not look their way. As I walked out, I turned back and made eye contact with the man who served me the first time I went there in a skirt. He gave me a friendly smile like he does every time he sees me.

It was a delightfully boring non-event.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    There's just no way I'd have the courage to do that. I guess I like to hide behind hair and face paint to complete the illusion.

It was pretty hard the first couple times. Going out as a man in pretty clothes has become much easier. People don't care much, I guess. I am starting to care less. It sure is freeing being able to dress and not bother with the girl thing. That's not my focus. I just love the clothes!

I feel the same as you jjjjohanne. I thoroughly enjoy going out with no wig or make up on and full ladies dress. When I dress en-femme, I NEVER wear pants, so there is no confusion as to what I am wearing. I find it to be exhilarating to be so noticeably "crossing the line". I have never encountered a negative reaction in about 5 years of doing this, and I've been to the mall, gotten my oil changed, been grocery shopping, etc. I really do go about my normal business. My wife doesn't understand the thrill in it, and would rather I go all or nothing, as she fears for my safety. She encourages my dressing, but would rather the complete look while sometimes, more often than not, I don't want to be bothered with the makeup or the hot wig. Its more about how the clothes make me feel. However, if I am to spend an evening going out to a club or a dinner with my wife, I will go the full nine yards. But for daily errands, I'd rather not be bothered!

Wow. 4 thumbs up for for our 4-J jjjjohanne! I agree with MissVictoria, though I work in a job where i see a lot fo the public and it would not be necessarily the best thing for my company's image if i were know to crossdress regularly in public, at least at the present. Maybe in a few years.

Good for you jjjjo, I'm impressed. I see CDs dressed sometimes browsing at the stores i shop at, rarely to they even notice me and only a few times have we nodded politely to each other- I almost always shop in drab at this point... but I am impressed by those of us who dress in public- seriously.

Have fun, be careful, and please continue to tell us about your stories- past and present!

Kristi

That is quite an outing, JJJJ... particularly in the way you choose to present... like others here, I don't think I could that with my man head on (mind you - I haven't even done it with my girl head on - so who am I to talk!) - perhaps in a way you give folk less to talk about - there's no "is it or isn't it.." about your presentation - so no need for too many furtive checks and re-checks.

I can imagine the four guys if they were businessmen - if I were one of them and a colleague had said: 'There's a guy in a skirt just walked in.." - I'd probably look and think: OK - big deal - back to business guys, we've other things to talk about than a guy in a skirt...

And of course, we forget that most of the time, don't we? Other folk really aren't that interested, on the whole...

Thanks for sharing, JJJJ.

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I do not test the waters that deeply, I always present female, so that means appropriate hair.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    OK now you got me in the mood for mexican food !

Gone to live my life
    Hi Johanne,

Now that is some brave action on your part . . . I am with Lynne on this one. I would prefer to hide behind my illusion with hair and make-up . . . bravo for you sweetie.

Hugs

Isha

Congratulations! I think such a things could hardly happen in Italy, where all CD are encouraged not to walk around alone! There's no law that can protect us from ignorant people...
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

Totally cool adventure!

Thank you everyone. Going out like this has turned out to be a non-event pretty much every time. People take their looks at me similar to how I seem to take an extra look at the people with profound amounts of tattoos. They look and try to take it all in, and then they stop looking. They're done. They've seen it now.

I want so very much to be able to go to work for the day while dressed. I did it once for Halloween. Boy, that was fun! I have looked into volunteering like this. I just want to dress up and then have normal, healthy activities to do.

Aspiring Member
    Wow Jo, what an adventure that must have been, although you've downplayed it a bit. You're a tough cookie. Good for you!
    I couldn't imagine doing something like that without at least one friend there with me to help get me through. Nor would I much of an appetite as I would be so cotton mouthed from nervousness I'd probably gag on any food I'd try.
    You've done what so many here wish they could, me included.

Reality Check
    I guess the term "crossdresser" covers a lot of different attitudes. I'm in the group that goes out as a lady or a man but not some mix of the two. It's the hair, breasts and butt that excite me, women's clothing just completes the illusion that I am a woman.

JJJ I understand what your doing. I go out in my sarong/skirt with a male T shirt no wig etc and no one cares. Where do we draw the line between xdressing and wearing what is classed a womens clothes? Is it the wig? the breast forms (I dont do them) high heels? I wear a skirt and flats and an androgynous T shirt but no one cares. Am I cross dressing? Do I have to wear a dress? If I wore a skirt suit could I get away with it? probably not but maybe if the skirt was long and flowing. I wear womens jeans, knee high stockings and ladies shoes to work everyday and not one person has commented. I have noticed people in the coffee shop (usually women) notice but no comments. Is it such a big deal anymore or are people too worried to comment?

That took quite a bit of courage. I know that some people have thicker skin than others. Yours must be the consistency of rawhide.
    Congratulations on the consignment store find, the lunch while dressed, and the trip report.
    For those of us that live the life vicariously, Thank You.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Good for you!!!! I love these stories!!!

JJJJ,

Great fun--it does take courage! I always go out with a handlebar mustache, so there is never any doubt. Once volunteered at the check-in desk for a big convention. The dress code was "convention T-shirt and khaki slacks or skirt", so I chose skirt! Got some smiles from other volunteers--laughing at me, I suppose, as much as with me. No remarks from volunteer coordinators, just appreciation for volunteering.

Made a rule some years ago that I can not buy women's clothes unless I 1) go into the store fully en femme, 2) try on everything before I buy it, and 3) ask the opinion of the sales assistants. It's much more fun, and I don't waste money on things that don't fit or don't work.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

That takes a lot of courage. I'm still avoiding conversations at all will.

I think I posted this link in another thread, but very relevant to this discussion...

http://www.laweekly.com/informer/201...fine-with-that

I've not had the nerve to wear a skirt or dress yet, but frequently wear ballet flats and Mary Janes, sometimes with nylons and shorts.
    Last edited by Brenn; 03-14-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenn View Post
    I think I posted this link in another thread, but very relevant to this discussion...

http://www.laweekly.com/informer/201...fine-with-that

I've not had the nerve to wear a skirt or dress yet, but frequently wear ballet flats and Mary Janes, sometimes with nylons and shorts.
    I hate going off topic but that article is great!

Thanks for sharing. Next time, invite me along. As you know, I like Mexican food.
    Last edited by Kim_Bitzflick; 03-14-2014 at 07:29 PM.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"