Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do we dress

Lightbulb Why do we dress

Why do we dress but other guys don't what is it in us that makes us feel the need to dress as females x

Platinum Member
    Why are some birds flightless, why does helium weigh less than nitrogen. We didn't always know the answers to those questions, but giv us time...we will know the answers. And welcome.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gone to live my life
    Hi Rachell,

An age old question. I really can't explain it all I know is that when I am dressed "en femme" it feels as right as when I am dressed "en boy". I think if you do a search you will find a lot of threads dedicated to this subject. In the meantime I just accept who I am and would not change for all the money out there.

Hugs

Isha

Rachell, at last count there were 5808 active members on this forum . I would suspect that you could get 5808 different yet somewhat familiar answers. Much peace to you, mel

Nice you pointed that out Melissa, and I agree. Be careful, and peace!
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    I do it because it feels wonderful both in the intense release and in the surreal comfort of a day immersed in my feminine identity.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

I dress to relax. I feel more like me when I am dressed. Also I enjoy the different types of materials against my skin.

Gold Member
    I agree with Happy;
    In just feel relaxed when dressed. Putting on a skirt or a dress is freedom to me.
    I find a womans body Devinne, and I want to feel what they feel; The only way I
    know to get close to that feeling is to dress like them.
    Yes it is a thin reason, but it is the only one I can come up with at present.
    Rader

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Why do YOU dress LOL !! ....you never gave us YOUR reason.

I don't know why. I quit trying to figure it out a long time ago.

Well when I'm done I like what I see in the mirror. Over the years I have improved on the the guy in a dress to a cute lady.

Banned Read only
    I think it has something to do with the hypotenuse of the square root of the diagonal obtuse angle in the brain. It's either that or we just don't know.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I think if I could have the right answer to this I would be a multi millionaire.
    I've tried so long to answer this I'm just tired. I still struggle with this part of me but I've pretty much given up on the why.
    So I just try and enjoy it and while I will never really encourage others to get involved I do support those of us who have this side to them.
    Hugs Leigh

Banned Read only
    You dress because most of you suffer from mild gender dysphoria, and dressing provides you with relief.

Congrats, we have something in common now.

I somewhat agree with every answer here so far. But, the main reason I dress is to escape.
    Stephanie

Why do we do we dress? That is a question that can only be answered by you. I dress because I can.............

I think that this is always a valid and interesting question.

I guess there are two ways to approach this question, one from a subjective feeling point of view (I dress because I want to, or because it feels good, etc), or one can probe deeper, as I assume you Rachell intended, the one more from an objective scientific point of view (why is it that we want to dress, why does it feel good, etc).

The first, while fine from an emotional point of view, is kind of a meta explanation of the deeper question why.

As a meta explanation, I would say that at least for me does it provide calmness, a thrill, comfort, relieves stress, is fun, give me new perspectives.

For the deeper explanation, I don't know, except that I strongly suspect that it is biological based, and something at least I, most likely, was born with.

Browsing around, I found an interesting website. I am no expert in gender related questions, so I don't know how reliable it is, and if there are better sites, but nevertheless, i found it interesting. http://www.avitale.com/developmentalreview.htm

/Bima
    Last edited by Bima; 03-14-2014 at 05:36 AM.

I dress because as early as 2 or 3 I wore my mothers patent go go boots and it felt the same as wearing my baseball cleats. I quit worrying about this the day I joined this site and learned I wasn't alone in the world...anymore. I love you girls. Matter of fact, I suspect most men dress on occasion to some degree. Blurred lines!
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Makeup addict!
    Why do people do anything? I don't know. Some men like sports and others don't. Some men like cartoons, others don't. Some men like wearing dresses, others don't

Why is the world round and spherical? Because it is (i'm sure the scientific folk on this forum could aptly explain, but that is not the point). Somewhere genetics and experiences in life come into play. It is a drug that will not cease calling me until the end. Similar to Adriana's question, why is it for you?

Dressing is a natural response to an inbred need that can't be rationally be explained. If I could explain it, I would be one of the most brilliant psychologists in the universe.

I crossdress because I'm a man. If I was a woman I wouldn't be able to wear a skirt while crossdressing.

I dress because, honestly it feels normal and right in my mind. I don't who I would be if dressing and appearing as a female wasn't a part of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani0948 View Post
    I crossdress because I'm a man. If I was a woman I wouldn't be able to wear a skirt while crossdressing.
    LOL, I guess there's no arguing with that logic :P

For me, I've never been very masculine, being somewhat small in stature. I always loved taller women than me, so maybe its an underlying submissiveness that, combined with feeling pretty, just gives me the good vibes.

I wear women's clothes because they are generally more comfortable and often better work clothes (I'm a jeweler) than the T-shirts and baggy shorts I used to wear before I started wearing compression underclothes. Women's clothes are close to the body and so they are less likely to get caught in the many rotating machines I use and I'm much more fluid in my movements in them. But the primary reason I dress mostly femme is because women's clothes are a cue, both private and public, that I am not comfortable perceiving myself or being perceived as a regular guy, or frankly any kind of guy. I am comfortable identifying as transgender and the clothes help to present me to myself and to others as that. When I look in the mirror I do not see a man. Why would I want to wear only men's clothes? Like many women, including my wife, I wear some men's clothes (I like long compression underwear with short women's shorts) but most of my clothes are now women's clothes. I assume that most men are happy enough being men and so they're happy enough wearing men's clothes. By the way, I'm not dressing as a female, though I know most cross dressers do feel that that's what they do. I'm dressing as me. Like Eddie Izzard said, he doesn't wear women's dresses, he wears his dresses.