Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When your fem fantasies don't match your reality, what do u do?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation When your fem fantasies don't match your reality, what do u do?

I have my own issues rite now. But, they're small potatoes compared to the past difficulties I experienced. And, which some of u have suffered thru

For many years I struggled with fantasies of having real breasts and thots of becoming a female. But, I believed I was too old. Plus, I had children, family, and friends that would have made it too overwhelming for me to act on my "fantasies". 6 years ago those fantasies disappeared and I came to the conclusion I am "just" a CD. What worked for me is not likely to help other trans, tho. I began wearing a female suit!

I'm wondering what u do when your fem fantasies run head long into your reality? R u currently struggling with this issue?

Maybe you've successfully moved on, as I have, or your fantasies r now your reality? In which cases your experiences MAY help others here.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I've accepted the fact that I'm "just a CD" too.
    But I've also accepted the fact that Shari must remain in the closet. No good could come from an emergence.
    And I'm good with that.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sherry,

As many who have read my posts may note, my movement from realizing to understanding to accepting and going out has been quite quick. In that dash across the finish line there was a brief point when I got confused about where I was heading . . . " Did I really want to be a woman and all this CDing thing was just a cover?" It took a lot of introspection and work with my therapist to bring to my current place . . . I am CD but may tend to slide right of the line but still happy in my guy world. So yes, for me fantasy and reality did collide at some juncture but I walked away with a greater understanding of myself.

Hugs

Isha

Hi Sherry, I too have had all those fantasies. But the bottom line is I'm "just a cross dresser". There are plenty of times when I enjoy being a guy. I don't think I'd want to be woman full time- that would be a lot of work! But as a crossdresser it allows me to escape the reality of my life, even though it's just for a little while. Getting away from my problems helps to keep me going.
    Stephanie

Platinum Member
    Their re fantasies and wants, competing with obligations, needs and other realities. Sometimes it's hard too clearly sort out a fantasy...even to distinguish a want from a need.

To me the dividing line is this: you cannot live without fulfilling a need in some way. Wants are optional, like leather seats and a sun roof. Fantasy is something that you safely engage as a dream, but may or may not want if faced with the opportunity in real life.

I'm pretty good at distinguishing fantasy from that which I want. I can prioritize my needs and wants. I do not need to become a woman in the full physical sense. I can survive without it. I do need to find a way to express it in my daily life, however. So I am working on at least living a meaningful part of my life as a woman.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 03-18-2014 at 07:54 AM. Reason: iPad typos
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi Doc, You don't know me directly but I remember you from the forums on dateacrossdresser, I used to spend a good bit of time there myself under femguyinnc, Good to see you here!

You're very right and hit the nail on the head for me too (now 51).. Lot's of fantasies but time really isn't very kind to our fantasies, and the truth is not just our feminine ones.

I guess the biggest thing that I've found with age is that when you are young the window of opportunity is like a huge panorama with endless possibilities as far as the eye can see in all directions aside from the one you are going..
    But as you get older the window shrinks just a little every year until suddenly you look up and the panorama you remember is now a portal and the directions you can realistically take become much more limited.

Not sure if there is a moral of the story or not, but if there is it is to embrace who you are when you are young and dare to be you and follow your passions because if you don't someday you will look back and realize that your window has shrunk so choose wisely.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    For me I dont want to call it fantasy. Its a part of me that I can not figure out how to bring to reality without creating waves. For me crossdressing was a stage in the process of trying to figure out who/what I am. Yes I am still a crossdresser but it goes way deeper than just the cloths.
    Erica

Banned Read only
    Hi Alexis,
    When I photographed weddings I use to have a lot of fun with the older relations often they would say I'm too old, my reply was it's not what you're too old for, it's what you're young enough for ! Cding makes me feel 10 years younger, to hell with what the mirror is telling me, makeup will cover that ! I've got 10 years on you but my panorama hasn't shrunk yet !

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Hi Sherry, Similar story for me. I've been obsessed with breasts since I first saw a Playboy mag in my preteens. At some point, I figured out that it was easy to obtain bras and various materials to fill them and just began emulating the imaginary woman of my desires. With big breasts, of course. I've determined a long time ago that I am just a CD and that is my desired activity.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    So you want it look like this?

Good luck passing for a man, and I hope you like wearing bras. At 5'7" and 135 pounds I'm skin, bones and boobs. Unless you transitioning stick to fantasys.
    Last edited by Candice Mae; 03-18-2014 at 08:55 AM.

I basically changed my life conditions and I was good to go RS.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Sherry,
    I have always made the cloth fit the suit.
    As time and attitudes change so we do move on to other interest and projects.
    I am thinking you have a change or a tweak in what you do coming shortly.
    Whatever, it will still fit in.
    I must change my avatar again.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

To date.... my realities have exceeded my fantasies.... maybe I set the bar too low? Good thing is I don't get disappointed... lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    Hi Sherry, At 71 years old my fantasy's balance with my real life.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Mae View Post
    So you want it look like this?...
    Showoff!

In many aspects of life we have fantasies and they seldom match reality. Being TG is no different.

No, I'll never know the feeling of having real breasts or of having my panties fit properly against my body but I'll also not be 20 years old again, six inches shorter or have millions of dollars in a Cayman Island account. I just live the life I have as well as I can and I'm thankful for the privileges that I do have.

Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

The whole idea of a fantasy is that it has to be a couple steps (or a mile) ahead of reality. Otherwise, it's not fantasy.

Hi,

A Fantasy. for myself .

Reality for myself is im a female who does not look facial wise any way like one, so i surpose in your words whats my fantasy. gee this is scary for me to look like a normal female with out masculine facial features, not sure id cope with that,

Im being honist here, this to me is like saying im embarrast with how i look fact is it does get to me and it bloody well hurts, so no i cant go down that road, it hurts too much.

...noeleena...

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Showoff!
    Just trying to make my point that sure it is nice to think of these fantasies, but rarely do people think of what the reality of living life with that fantasy. In my past being a guy with breasts and a feminine figure was not as great as everyone seams to think it would be. Not only do you not look like a man, you do not feel like one. or are treated as one by society. When you look like this your life as a regular guy is pretty much over.

Last edited by Candice Mae; 03-20-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Hey Candice - just for the record, yes, I would like to look like that!
    Stephanie

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    I feel like I struggle with dual realities. I'm as much a man as I am a woman. As mentioned in an earlier post, I went full time for a while (in my twenties) - even started HRT, thinking I was going to go all the way (srs). But I found that I missed my guy self, which was kind of surprising to me, considering how comfortable I feel en femme. It was a long time sorting it all out but I now feel like I have little more sense of balance. Like the GORGEOUS Candice, I am small and thin... This "life" thing is pretty complicated.
    Last edited by Felicia Dee; 05-01-2014 at 08:14 AM. Reason: I keep repeating myself...
    "I'm a work in progress..."

An interesting perspective, Sherry - and one that is bringing out all the aspects and 'degrees' of GD we experience.

When I was really young, I think I recall fantasizing about the possibility of switching between male-female - but only in the same way I used to fantasise about space travel or winning lotteries... I find it strangely curious after being here for several months that I have never had any real fantasies about needing to transition or modify my body - I feel like I'm missing something, but in fact I think this is just another example of the complexities and multi-dimensional nature of what we all experience.

My one current fantasy (and will come as no surprise to anyone who knows me here, even just a little... ) is just to get out! If I struggle with anything beyond that it's not knowing where that might lead... But I am quite content just being a CD... plenty to explore there before my reality needs to expand...

And yes Candice, you do look lovely in pink - and I fully accept your point that reality is often a country mile from what one fantasizes...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

My reality is I am a CD! with no furtheraspiratioms then to dress as a girl.I sometimes wish I had biger natural breasts. But I.m happy where I'm at.
    Angie

Just trying to make my point that sure it is nice to think of these fantasies, but rarely do people think of what the reality of living life with that fantasy. In my past being a guy with breasts and a feminine figure was not as great as everyone seams to think it would be. Not only do you not look like a man, you do not feel like one. or are treated as one by society. When you look like this your life as a regular guy is pretty much over.
    Such a great point for me. What I love about being a CD is I can cross gender lines when ever I choose, I am not stuck in one. Sure I would love to have breasts and a nice female figure when in girl mode but then I could not go back to guy mode. It is not a trade off I ever want to make. Of course that is just me and my take.

So you want it look like this?

Good luck passing for a man, and I hope you like wearing bras. At 5'7" and 135 pounds I'm skin, bones and boobs. Unless you transitioning stick to fantasys.

Yes I do, so very very much want to look like you, but I can also see what you are saying. It must be very difficult to loose "guy mode", I think maybe I could get used to it, but "guy mode" is my safe spot for now, so I will keep it. LOL
    And I must add that you look amazing!
    So happy to find a site devoted to my passion, I hope you and I can become friends, if not at least you got to see my panties!

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit

Fantasy Desires vs my Reality True Self

I have a vivid imagination and I do fantasize what it might be like to be a GG woman, bare and raise a child, to have a family and be attracted to a man. I have dreamed of one morning waking up in a GG female body and never wanting to go back.

But none of these experiences I will ever know. And that can be a let down. But if I were that fantasy woman, would I know what is is like to be a man and have a male body. Would I remember feeling masculine? Why do I have to choose, or should I have to choose?

And yet in reality I've been given something far different, a gift that few get to experience. I feel in my mind what it is like to be feminine with a body that is masculine.

It's inconceivable to some who can't seem to wrap their minds away from only two choices for gender. And yet history shows us that those like myself have been around. This is why I love these exciting times. We are learning to be respectful of differences and not fear the unknown.

So while I may not be who I imagined I am in reality someone who feels both sides. That I do not have to choose and can be happy being my true self.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve