Thread: Baby steps.

Red face Baby steps.

I have recently started crossdressing. I told my ex wife about this who is a good friend of mine and have since dressed with her at her house. I live in a shared house so it is not so eAsy at home. I am finding it very exciting adding certain items to my usual wardrobe and even managed to go to the local shop in leggings the other evening. Still have issues with certain people seeing me though but one step at a time. I Spent the whole day at work on Friday with stockings and a suspender belt on under my suit.
    I am trying to start dating again and don't know whether to mention this from the get go or deal with it later on.
    Either way so exciting explore my feminine side

Tomasina,

You're very fortunate to have found anyone (particularly your ex!) who is accepting of this - and it's good you've also found your way here where you'll get plenty of advice, from many perspectives.

You obviously have to find your own way and pace through this development but the analogy of 'baby steps' is a good one... Try not to get too carried away too quickly... be aware that when some things are revealed or said they cannot be un-revealed... not everyone is understanding of this thing we all do.. my counsel: be prudent, be careful, pace yourself, and enjoy that slow and steady development..

Remember what happens when children first get beyond their baby steps and start running before they can walk... tends to end in them running smack into something, hopefully soft...

As to dating - read these threads carefully - there are mixed experiences here of folk that have accepting SOs and everything is rosy - and those that don't, and are single and struggle to find anyone accepting. We all have a choice over whether to reveal first, sometime later, or never...

Enjoy your journey...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I guess it would depend on how far this develops. In any good relationship honesty is better though don't you think ?

It is nice to see you still have a relationship with your wife, some bridges do not need to be burnt.
    I would let a relationship settle then if it is serious tell it like it is.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.