Thread: hormone experts?PLEASE?

Exclamation hormone experts?PLEASE?

I am looking for girls w/ knowledge of hormones,the effects and the risks.I am considering(w/ possible wife's consent) and would like to be completely informed before making a decision!Any GG's have any input?Hope to hear from my girls soon!Thanks and luv ya!

Try the transgendered forums for hormone related posts.

My advice, and I am taking hormones, is see a doctor or psychiatrist. It's a big step to take, and though the risks are often overplayed, there IS a risk. If you want to live your life in a more feminine manner, make sure you stay smart and don't cut it short.
    For instance, hormones have given me high blood pressure, something the doctor will be able to monitor and treat if needed.

Take care
    Maria
    xxx

I can probably answer most of your questions about hormones if you have yahoo messenger. I am kate_jensen14 on it.

I agree with Maria D on this. You need to see a doctor and discuss the probability that you may have gender dysphoria and have them evaluate you to see if HRT would be a viable option for you. This is very serious stuff and not to be entered into without medical supervision. This is a topic that has been discussed quite thoroughly on this forum in the past. Research this thoroughly and educate yourself as much as possible...the results are permanent and the risks are very real and pronounced. So take care...and be safe.

And just to add to what Christine Renee has already said -- just in case you decide to forego going through medical channels (which I strongly discourage) -- if you should decide to self-prescribe, then it is imperative that you do your homework. By this, I mean, you should become acquainted with medical websites and solid transgender sites, and not just depend on forum talk and non-identifiable sources of information. Your health and satisfaction depends on you knowing what you are doing.

Brenna

You can PM me if you would like to discuss my own experience of hormones but there are no experts here. There are several medical papers available on the internet which I would advise you to read first so that you understand exactly what hormones are and what they do to your body. You will need to consider the psychological effects as well as the physical effects.

caution

Over the past four years I've been on various forms of estrogen, progesterone, and spirolactone. By last summer I was prescribed 8mg estradiol (pills) daily and .25 ml delestrogen (self-injected) every two weeks. By using the delestrogen carefully, I was able to conserve and save so much extra (unlike vials of pills, vials of injectables always carry significantly more medication than is actually prescribed, cuz of the amount wasted in clearing the hypodermic prior to injection) that I began injecting .3 ml a week —more than twice what I'd been prescribed.

On the fourth of July holiday weekend I started to notice what I could only characterize as "unexplained calf pain"— which we sex-toy owners know is something not to use a vibrator on. Why? Cuz it could be caused by a deep vein thrombosis, which, agitated by the vibrator, could break off a fatal embolism.

So, guess what. DVT. I had to quit estrogen and start taking anticoagulants.

Unfortunately, I'm not very good about following medical regimens. So I still have the clot to this day. And can't get back on estrogen until I get rid of it. Which could take months.

Meanwhile, the testosterone resurgence has totally f***ed with my body. The worst part is the regrowth of alarming amounts of facial and chest hair that I'd totally (and painfully and expensively) gotten rid of.

Question

Actually, I have a question. Has anyone else had the experience I've had with progesterone/Provera?

Way back when I started, the doctor had me cycling it for 10 days a month, mimicing the cycle. Funfunfun PMS fun! Gah! This doctor that I started seeing last March pretty much quadrupled my e and spiro, but left the progesterone alone.

On my checkup in November, I was complaining 'coz I hadn't seen enough breast growth to allow me to be proportionate (my hips are generally there, so naturally I don't want to look underbalanced), so he put me on the 5mg medroxyprogesterone daily instead of cycling.

After 6 weeks, this past Monday I had a mild headache that didn't go away when I took my migraine medication as well as nausea to the point of not wanting to eat. By the time I got home from work on Tuesday, the unrelenting headache had become a full-blown migraine (also not affected by my meds), and I crashed out as soon as I got home at 6 pm and slept through 'til the wee hours of yesterday morning.

Last week, I had gotten the smaller headache, but laid off the Provera for a few days, and it seemed to clear up after that, so I'm pretty sure that's the problem. Now, after the migraine from Hades, I still have a residual headache and little energy. And I've stopped the Provera, as it's not worth having breast growth if you have a migraine to the point where you're not able to function.

Am I alone in this experience
    Katie
    "My only regret about being gay is that I repressed it for so long. I surrendered my youth to the people I feared when I could have been out there loving someone. Don't make that mistake yourself. Life's too damn short." - Armistead Maupin

Katie

Katie
    Am I alone in this experience
    No.
    Some gals also get photophobia (ouch) on top of everything else.
    Women also get those monthly headaches, especially at the start of taking B'control pills

Provera promotes facial hair growth and the word on the street is "100mg micronized progesterone PILLS don't"

Too much mones makes your face very hard but the need to get past the transitional stage ("mommy why is that man wearing a dress?") as fast as you can is over powering.

There is a rarely mentioned mone that increases your breast & nipple size BUT there are lifetime medical penalties for taking them.
    However, I took them in 1979 and I'm still here.