Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I do't understand the height thing

I do't understand the height thing

So many of us seem to be hung up on height, as though a 6' tall woman is so unusual. I'm not tall, so maybe my point of view is a little skewed, but I'm around 5'10" and there are PLENTY of women who TOWER over me. I think you need to stop being so self-conscious about being tall

I think a part of the problem might lie in the desire to wear some nice heels... I'm 6' and the only shoes I own have 5'' heels, it's pushing it a bit! But on the bright side, being tall might attract attention to your body, your legs, which gives me some security because I feel it takes attention out from my face and hair...

Absolutely true, you can be very beautiful and very tall at the same time. Its something obvious to me. The thing is that passing might become harder not because that height makes one look worse, but because you draw more attention and thus more scanning.

Thats really the problem concerning height, nothing else.

Silver Member
    Consider this: no matter what your male height/size, somewhere in this world there is a GG with the same dimensions! Always be proud, comfortable, and confident in who you are, in what ever you choose to wear! Enjoy.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i am 5.10 myself....and always need to remind myself that that is the minimum height to be a victoria secret super model. Most are that height if you look them up....

I am 5'11" and I just love to wear high heels. I typically wear a 5 or 6 inch heel and that makes me much taller than the average female walking about town. On my recent outing it certainly drew more attention to me but as some others have said here "so what!" I am tall and I am beautiful. And, I can reach things on the top shelf :-)
    Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less of love than the child that lost a dog yesterday. -Thornton Wilder, writer (1897-1975)

Victoria Kate. My friends call me Katie.

Hi Audrey

For me it's not that I'm self-conscious or hung-up about my height (6'6" without heels) or anything like that. I like that I'm tall, the only thing is that us tall ladies would also like to sometimes have the option of going out and NOT be spotted right away. Unfortunately length is not something you can switch on/off or even hide like you can with say broad shoulders.

I'm 6'4" without heels, I don't mind being tall (in most cases) but what I do mind is that I tend to hit my head a lot on some doorways. I've even done that in heels lol. I don't mind being tall because there are a lot of women who can dwarf me or make me look like I'm shorter than what I am so I've come to terms to accept my height. It's just the head hitting part that I don't like.

I am 5' 10" also so I don't really don't pay attention to the height thing but I can understand why some would. Who wants to stand above everyone else and draw unwanted attention to themselves? females in general these days are a lot taller. I am sure they have the same worries sometimes
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

That is a bit like saying " I have loads of money but you don't I can not understand why you worry about it "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Platinum Member
    When I am out my attention is immediately drawn to a tall woman because they are still the exception and not the rule. Sure, there are many tall women. My former sister-in-law was six foot even and her sister was just as tall. The problem is not that these women are tall, but, they turn heads. And, when heads are turned the women are under more scrutiny. Not in a bad way, but, still under more scrutiny. A guy who is tall also has the potential issues of bulk. Men are built differently. If a cross dressing guy is seeking to blend, well, it's not going to work out well.

I'm six foot even. I weigh 195 pounds. I do not pass for a women even if I do not wear my three inch or four inch heels. If you're going to a venue where cross dressers typically go, it's not a big deal. If you're going to the mall, you're not going to "blend." I know there are many of you who do not care whether or not you are identified as a cross dressing male, but, there are more of us who enjoy anonymity.

Maybe you need to think more about how other people feel?

I'm not tall myself, so I don't really know what it's like. But I can imagine that once you're above 6 foot, it's hard not to stand out - or at least feel like you're standing out. Maybe in NY they're pumping out 6 foot ladies like crazy, but not here. But even at 5'6", I often feel like my dressing makes me stand out. I can only imagine if I was a foot taller, with all the same masculine cues to hide.

No thanks. I think if the taller t-girl feels self-conscious, he or she is well within reasonable rights to do so.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Being tall (6'3") makes finding dresses difficult. Four inch heels creates the "doorway" problem. On the plus side you have miles of leg.

Have to concur with you Meg. Dresses are normally out. They just don't sit right or the length is off. It's easier to get it right with skirts. I have to watch doorways in guy mode as well so I've learnt not to bump my head too often.

How odd...I am six three barefoot, so the height issue is a concern in that, as others have said, tall girls stand out and so are studied more. But I have not had trouble with dresses, so long as I am careful with the style. Dresses with belts or a defined waist line are admittely tough, but sheath styles are fine and I love them.
    Ironically, right before my first public outing, having just complained about the whole height thing to a friend, I was at the mall with my SO and spotted not one, but two different, stunning GGs walking around (not together - one was with a husband and kids) and both were easily my height without heels. It was hard not to study them though...not because they were odd...rather because both were quite beautiful. Tee hee
    Last edited by samantha rogers; 03-17-2014 at 10:48 AM.

I am 5' 10" and seldom wear heels unless I am out to a CD function or club. Granted there are gg's over 6' but not many and they do stand out At least I notice them, often fall in lust with them LOL, But if I am trying to blend in where ever heels don't help. Heels weren't made to help thats why gg's wear them to stand out I love them but I just know they won't get me mam'd in a store I'll be 6'2" in them and most likely the only girl around at that height.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

The "height thing" is always in our minds when we first decide to venture out of the closet. We think it will be the biggest "tell" of all and everyone will stare. We, YES, they will stare ! After all, how many of us would not look twice (or more) at a lovely woman who is what we consider taller than the norm?
    There are many, many women who are 6' or taller these days and once you get past the jitters and decide to own it when you go out your height no longer matters.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne f View Post
    That is a bit like saying " I have loads of money but you don't I can not understand why you worry about it "
    Absolutely!

At 6'2" I am at the 99th percentile for US women. That means 1% of women are my height or taller. There are a few out there and of course many tall ladies wear heels as well. I wear modest (2-3") heels and think that it may help my presentation since people will see the heels as a justification of my height. In any case, there's nothing to be done about it!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I'm also 6'2" and I just feel that I can wear shorter skirts and show off more legs. I try and keep my legs in shape so the heels aren't a problem. I don't go out but would enjoy it if the right circumstance should come along. I know I wouldn't pass as I just look like a guy in a dress anyway so the height thing is not that big of a deal for me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Audrey, I'm 5"12" and have no problems with 4" or 5" heels.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm from Guangdong China, where the average height of men are 170.77cm and average height of women is 158.05cm. http://www.chinahistoryforum.com/top...sured-in-2005/
    At 178cm (5'11"), I'm taller than 89% of men and taller than 99.99% of all women from my country. That makes me an extraordinarily tall girl. :P

Love Heels

I'm 5'9" in stocking feet. I wear 2 to 3 inch heels, I'm around six feet. I love to wear heels. I carry flats with me because sometimes my feet hurt.
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Heh, sometimes I feel like being short (for a guy) is about the only thing I have going for me. 5'5" here. I'd have to wear 5" heels just to be even with my wife! :3 But the fact is that my wife caught my eye originally because of her beauty and because she's tall! Love me some tall women!

It is just that a tall man dressed shows a lot of bulk.
    It can be successfully done though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am six feet six in bare feet, and 245. And 59 yo. Tall women in my age range are extremely rare, and when i do see one, she is married, usually to a man shorter than here. I do not like being this tall. The average woman around my area must be about 5'3". I would like to date a tall woman, but they are almost non existant in my age range. Going out dressed, nearly 7' in high heels, brings lots of pointing, stares, giggling, etc. Life is not that easy for some of us tall ones, who are single. I find guys wanting sex from my lady self, and very seldom a single woman interested in my guy self. However, it is exciting going out in public as a supertall, striking older lady.