Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feminizing Male Clothing

Banned Read only

Feminizing Male Clothing

I love the way women's clothes hug their body and make them look so attractive. Their clothes have a lot of color, made from soft fabrics and truly enhance a woman's figure. Very, very eye appealing. We've seen styles change to accept unisex haircuts, men coloring their hair, getting it styled, wearing one or two earings and jewelry. So why haven't men clothing gotten closer to women's clothes and abolished those damn neckties. Wouldn't a man with a decent body look better if his clothes had a little more of that feminine touch. If men's styles went this way crossdressing would be more easily accepted.

Silver Member
    Very good fashion points deebra, and many in fashion have stated those same concerns for years. Thankfully some from the younger generation are "breaking tradition" and doing what gals have been doing for years - taking care of their bodies, and getting away from the male drab suits/ties & ho-hum colors/materials. As for "men's clothing adapting closer to women's clothes" it is doubtful IMO that most CDers would ever consent completely to accept a man's similar styled women's clothes. Enjoy.

Couldn't agree more, I hate neckties, they are dangerous, filthy, and all around annoying (even to look at). Men's clothes should be along the same line as women's clothes, I don't see a woman dawning a necktie in a skirt suit so men shouldn't have to wear a noose around their neck and have more colors and fabrics to choose from.

The image of a fitted pink camo tank top draped over a big beer gut just popped into my head.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Uckkk.. thanks for that visual Karren.

I do think the younger gen is coming around. I see more youtube vids of crossdressers and I see it mentioned a bit more frequently in the news. I do know that sales of men's lingerie (lace thongs, g-strings and simply sexy soft nylon/spandex underwear) have picked up tremendously in the past 3-5 years. More men shave their genitals and take care of grooming than ever before (anecdotal). I am hoping it becoming much more mainstream. I love being smooth. I love wearing soft luxurious clothing. Where 5 years ago I didn't care, I now pamper myself and my skin!!

I don't know that crossdressing would be more accepted, at least not in the sense that a lot of us might like. You might get subtle cues brought over from female fashion, but nothing too drastic.

In any event, I've been doing this - in a very subtle sense, anyways, for years. An ex of mine once made me ditch my Old Navy Carpenter jeans for a pair of her flare legged Silvers, and I've been on a quest for more feminine-fitting male clothes ever since. Bright colors, clothes that emphasize the shape of my body, simply worn accessories with a feminine element like bracelets, scarves, my earrings, etc.

It's fun, I don't really go overboard with it, and people only rarely comment about it, if they even notice. People who know me know I would dress like Steven Tyler if I thought I could get away with it, so they just chalk my idiosyncrasies up to me being me.

But - hey, it's been a long time since I've been bored in guy clothes (:
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Uckkk.. thanks for that visual Karren.
    be better if it were a tight Maple Leafs sweater? lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Ummm... just no Karren.lol.

Women's fashion evolves seasonally. Men's fashion has not really changed since Beau Brummel, a London tailor, invented the three piece suit, in response to London's muddy streets. That was just post Queen Victoria. Don't expect men's fashion to change drastically soon. And yes, men look much better a bit femme. Look at David Bowie, or Marc Bolan, or Adam Lambert (be still my heart).

Couldn't agree more. I have come to the conclusion that I am not, a crossdresser, at least in my own mind. Other people may see me as such, depending on their definition of crossdresser, that's fine. I am experiimenting with different styles, cuts, fabrics, in an effort to claim some of that "body enhancing" look. I have found that I can wear some womens pants and shorts quite successfully, and I love the way they hug my butt. I've even found some men’s that do the same. My preference is to wear skirts, and I change into one most times when I get home. I plan to wear at least a hiking kilt to work. (Trying to get work to stock them!) Mainstream culture, at least the more conservative elements, resist male clothing that is "too revealing" by their standards. Tough, if I can get away with it, legally, and with no blowback from my employers, they'll have to deal with it.

There are signs of progress, but we haven't got close to a tipping point yet, at least for most places. The younger generation, young teens to early twenties, many places they are quite accepting and adventurous. Of course where they are not accepting, they can be the most trouble.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I don't have a problem with it but I figure it would be a "hard sell" to the mainstream, especially the business world.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You can't knock the looks of a nice suit on a man tie and all.
    No reason to feminize that.
    Thanks Karren for giving me a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    You can't knock the looks of a nice suit on a man tie and all.
    True, a man in a well fitting suit or sport jacket looks good, the trouble is most men HATE that.

Don't think the cross dressers here would go for a more Fem male look either. Most don't want feminine male clothing, they want women's clothing. In the 70's the look was more androgynous, colors, cuts, shoes, hair. What happened to that? It gave way (in my area) to pointed boots and shiny buckles. Oh wait around here that is STILL androgynous
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

There was a fashion trend a while ago, perhaps 30 years ago +/-. Men were getting their long hair styled, shirts with ruffles and paisley prints, and fitted pants were fashionable, and the purse equivalent "male bag" was occasionally seen.

What happened to to that trend, and could something like it appear again?

Best wishes
    MsVal

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit

Re-balancing of the Male Wardrobe

I'm not sure I would call it "feminization" of male clothing. I think that would be a hard sell to many men, (just not in this forum). I would call it the "Re-balancing of the Male Wardrobe."

I would advocate bringing back more variety like, more colors choices, softer fabrics, a return of Male Unbifurcated Garments and of course a basic one piece Male Dress. I am encouraged by the open minded thinking of many young persons to help push for these things.

Eventually I hope clothing will become more unisex, less gendered. But I don't see that happening any time soon.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Aspiring Member

there are plenty of colors

Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaCDSNJ View Post
    and have more colors and fabrics to choose from.
    I was just at Costco the other day and couldn't help noticing that the mens' shirts
    are in a very wide range of pastel color again , including pink if you have a notion to wear it. I had pink, purple, wine red, yellow and shirts in many other colors when I worked-though i admit suits were pretty drab color wise. Izod has pants in a rainbow of colors as well, but they seem to wind up on the sale racks due to lack of buyers. I now have have robin's egg blue, maroon, white, darker blue but no bnavy, and wine which I wear mostly women's pants. colors are there, but I have a suspicion that many cders are "color blind" if it is mens' clothing.
    I have been looking at patterned material lately to see what I like that would be femme but cut in a men's shirt style--yes, I can sew and do own a basic machine.
    If yu want something different, learn some skills, do your own stuff and don't wait for something that isn't going to happen if Marc Jacobs doesn't do it.
    JUST a crossdresser

Aspiring Member

tht disappeared with

Quote Originally Posted by MsVal View Post

What happened to to that trend, ...?
    Best wishes
    MsVal
    It went Up, Up, and Away into the stratosphere along with the Fifth Dimension.
    They still make "butt huggers" with wide cuffs for women made by Worthington at JCP and that is what I have to replicate what has disappeared from the 70's in mens' wear. They are comfortable, and the material is very nice.
    JUST a crossdresser

A gallon of perfume thrown over the clothing would do wonders.
    If it is not made for women to wear...
    Forget it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    I love the way women's clothes hug their body and make them look so attractive. Their clothes have a lot of color, made from soft fabrics and truly enhance a woman's figure. Very, very eye appealing.
    I agree with Busker. There are plenty of men's clothes in pretty colors, for the men who want to wear them. There are also soft men's clothes if you look at microfiber pants, silky underwear, silk shirts, angora sweaters, etc.

As to tightness, there are guys who do wear tight Tshirts and tight pants that emphasize their wide shoulders and small derrieres. This is very appealing if they have the body for it. But for women, you should look at them on the street and not so much the models in the catalogs. Most women don't have a model's body (they are shorter and wider, they have a paunch and love handles, etc) and so they don't wear body hugging clothes. If they did, it would be just as appealing as Karren's image of a fitted pink camo on a beer gut.

I also agree with Lori. Most members here do not want the nice, colorful, and soft men's clothes. They want clothes that are designed and cut to fit a woman's body, even if they are of the same fabric and colors as the men's ... for example, women's blue jeans.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    It's JMO of course but I think the REALITY of clothing choices for Humans is simply Evolution at work in it's simplest, purest form and that there is no mystery to it and that it is not going to change anytime soon.

MOST men are very easily VISUALLY turned on by a woman's APPEARANCE. Which is why women in general [and particularly "mateless" ones] spend so much time, money and effort on their "presentation". The reverse is seldom true because it is simply not in any Females best interest to be wired that way.

Consider...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...I-may-know-WHY.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    Women's fashion evolves seasonally.
    I don't think so. I believe that women's clothing is designed partially on the theory that men want to have sex with as many women as they can, and by appearing different (by wearing different styles, changing their hair/make up/etc.), they can keep the same man interested and around long enough to provide for her and her offspring to get that child independent enough to make it possible for mom to have another. So, anything that looks different from the last few years style will work as long as it still emphasizes her curves/femininity etc..
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaCDSNJ View Post
    Couldn't agree more, I hate neckties, they are dangerous, filthy, and all around annoying (even to look at). Men's clothes should be along the same line as women's clothes, I don't see a woman dawning a necktie in a skirt suit so men shouldn't have to wear a noose around their neck and have more colors and fabrics to choose from.
    Actually, I look really good in a necktie and jacket. I've only had one person ever grab me by my tie and that was in church! One of the truly ugliest people on the planet. Very sad.
    Last edited by Lynn Marie; 03-18-2014 at 07:49 AM.

If mens clothes were to become more feminine, then cross dressing would cease to exist.... I am one who likes the separation actually. Even though I am not one of those who has a dual personality, I like the separate mens and womens fashions. Although looking around, I do not know how anyone on here cannot see how much more of choices and colors men have nowadays. One last thing.... I am one who enjoys the suit and tie, and a strong conservative version of it as well. Probably my favorite male clothing to wear.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I like to keep the two seperate. My man clothes are just your normal run of the mill jeans & t-shirts.
    But my woman's clothes are bright colors, Florals. Cute tops . I am glad they are that way and stay that way .