Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious to know how many spouses of cds are excited by cding

Curious to know how many spouses of cds are excited by cding

Hi all:

I know that many cds on here are married or in long term relationships, and their spouses know about their crossdressing. However, what I'm curious about is: Is your spouse genuinely excited by your crossdressing or are they just "tolerant" of it, and allow you to do it because they love you? I guess I'm curious as to those marriages/relationship where a spouse is genuinely excited to be married/in a relationship with a cd. Who is in such a relationship?

Thanks!
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

My wife is tolerant of my dressing. She loves me and accepts me for who I am and I really appreciate her support.

My wife is genuinely excited about and encourages it, in fact I have to remind her sometime that I have to change into something more androgynous in order to go in to town.
    LET NO ONE BURN; LET NO ONE GO TO THE LIONS

I am in a long term relationship with a CDer. I am also supportive of my SO 100%. My SO expresses herself several times weekly and we go out together dressed on a regular basis. I see no difference in my SO whether s/he presents as a male or female and I love him/her no matter what s/he wears. I need to add that my SO is not TS and does not want to transition nor live full time. If she did, I would support her transition as her friend but our relationship would change. I would seek a romantic relationship with someone else.

Back to your question, I can't say that I am excited by the CDing. I support my SO because s/he needs to engage in cross-gender expression and it is a part of his/her core. If my SO did not experience such needs I would love him just as much! I think this is more than being tolerant. Tolerance implies going along with something that we disagree with or we do not like. I do not dislike the CDing.
    Reine

Mine is tolerant, as has been out with me twice, but not something that lights her fire.
    Bit like her tv watching doesn't really light my fire, but something I try to get involved with.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

My wife is totally supportive. She likes seeing me in pretty things.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Let's just say that sometimes there are big pay offs for the SO's.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring girly girl sweetvictoria's Avatar
    My wife not only supports but encourages me. We have a lot of fun. She also buys me things from time to time

Banned Read only
    My wife is NOT excited by my cross dressing. She accepts that it is part of me and she is happy to be with me whenever I want to dress. She goes out with me and I believe is truly at peace with it. That stated, she would rather I was not a cross dresser. It's a complication in life for anyone.

Hi Maya,
    My spouse is very 'excited' by the shopping and fashion talk. It's a very fun thing we share together, we shop in person (in drab) or online all the time, chat about nail polish and makeup etc. Not just mine, but hers. She seems genuinely happy that I'm interested in fashion, unlike most guys who act like it's insufferable. I'm very grateful for her input, because she's stopped me from making some horrendous fashion mistakes

She is not 'excited' by it in the other sense... i.e. no sexual play while cross-dressed.
    "Your hands are cold but your lips are warm..."

I'm another spouse who is not attracted to my husband when he CDs. I think the keys to finding a partner who is excited by it (and there are some on here) is:
    1) to introduce it during the very first conversations,
    2) to demonstrate that you are at ease with yourself,
    3) to treat it like a positive aspect of your life, and
    4) to be prepared to walk away from anyone who doesn't seem very enthusiastic about it.

She tolerates it and encourages it but we it is not something that changes our reality. She understands this is part of what makes me who I am and happy. On occasion it is an "exciter" for her, but on a regular bases it is just my thing just like her doing what she likes is hers. Sometimes her "thing" is exciting to me. We have a sharing and understanding relationship. The rest of the world's rules and inhabitations for norm stops at our doorsteps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

My wife is not excited. I can't say she didn't tried, but in the end it's not her thing.

I would say that my gf is supportive. Excited? Maybe not....yet. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?
    She is a great gal. I am just happy to be with her...

Silver Member
    There may well be some women who like men who CD. But, mine would not select to have a husband who wore women's clothes. While she accepts my wearing fem clothes she would prefer that I didn't. All things being equal I would not choose to CD.

Excited is a strong word. Misty is a part of the whole me and my wife gets that, and my wife is particularly proud that she has me and a best girl friend all rolled into one. My wife supports and encourages me, then, but that's a far cry from being excited.

Bisexual GG
    I'm very excited by my husband's CDing, in more ways than one. It's awesome that we can talk makeup and clothes without hubby getting bored by it. I still do most of the shopping since I have a better idea what to look for and where to find it, but my Padawan is learning. We're lucky in that we're close to the same size so we share a lot of our clothes instead of needing separate wardrobes. Our colorings are similar enough that we can share the majority of our cosmetics though we both have a few things that's just ours (either because of hygiene or . In our case it really helps that I'm bisexual and he's very passable en femme. I've actually been jonesing for some girl time, as we call it. Our one rule is that he can't CD around our son, mostly because he's too young to be trusted not to blab.

I'd say my wife is very supportive, but excited, no I don't think I would use that term. She will suggest my dressing, and she buys Tina really nice gifts. But if I stopped dressing today, I doubt she would miss it. I think she would agree with ReineD. And I believe most supportive wives would feel that way, after all it's out thing, not theirs, so why would they miss it.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Banned Read only
    It's nice to see a smattering of women who at least are somewhat positive about it.

My wife is very supportive and wonders why I dont dress more often. She also like me when I am more feminine i.e Kara mode because my listen skills seem to more heighten etc. Excited is all in the eyes of the beholder meaning she still sees me as her husband. This very hard in describing in our date night by the fire place, I am trying to keep this rated "G" lol
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Nice to see some folks with supporting partners, especially ones similar to my situation (Ria, mbmeen).

I also really appreciate the advice of JessM for this:

1) to introduce it during the very first conversations,
    2) to demonstrate that you are at ease with yourself,
    3) to treat it like a positive aspect of your life, and
    4) to be prepared to walk away from anyone who doesn't seem very enthusiastic about it.
    If you don't understand yourself, how can anyone else understand you?

- MM
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I am in a long term relationship with a CDer. I am also supportive of my SO 100%. My SO expresses herself several times weekly and we go out together dressed on a regular basis. I see no difference in my SO whether s/he presents as a male or female and I love him/her no matter what s/he wears. I need to add that my SO is not TS and does not want to transition nor live full time. If she did, I would support her transition as her friend but our relationship would change. I would seek a romantic relationship with someone else.

Back to your question, I can't say that I am excited by the CDing. I support my SO because s/he needs to engage in cross-gender expression and it is a part of his/her core. If my SO did not experience such needs I would love him just as much! I think this is more than being tolerant. Tolerance implies going along with something that we disagree with or we do not like. I do not dislike the CDing.
    My wife's outlook is similar to Reine. She loves me and if it makes me happy and does not hurt anyone she is all in, that being said I don't think she would be crushed either if I quit crossdressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Let's just say that sometimes there are big pay offs for the SO's.
    I agree that sometimes having a CD SO has benefits for the GG SO. I don't mind shopping with my wife, I help her with her outfits and give advice what to wear and am always there with the loan of jewelry or a purse etc to make whatever she is wearing look better.

That is how to do it! My wife looks for my advice on clothes & jewelry, and she gives it right back. We love watching 'What Not To Wear' and 'How To Look Good Naked' together.

Aside from the fact that she has stolen more then one of my skirts...

- MM
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-19-2014 at 12:01 AM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours

Gone to live my life
    I go with others on this one. My wife is fully supportive and accepts my CDing. Is she excited . . . no. However that does not mean she is not happy for me.

Hugs

Isha

My wife accepts that I am a Cder, and does not attempt to have me quit. She does not put me down for it. She does not like it. I could write a very long response to this thread, but I will just shorten it and simplify it to my wife needing Cding not to overtake the marriage or the "man" she married.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned