Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eat, Drink, and be ... Feminized!

Phytoestrogens are quite powerful means to feminization, however, normal amounts of E contained within various plants is insignificant to an adult male. To achieve a visible change in appearance, one must take highly concentrated dose of Phytoestrogen supplement. Concentrations within one 200mg soy isoflavones pill is several folds more potent then gallon of soy milk. Unfortunately drinking your self to womanhood isn't gonna work, however, could work to scare some macho drinkers to slow down their consumption.

Avatar is Michael Steele hollybunches's Avatar
    In the North - Lots of planets have a North
    this reply is a bit late ive only just joined but, excellent choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    About a year and a half ago, my wife said, "Crossdressing or drinking but, not both!"

I currently have 14 pairs of shoes, 25 dresses, 12 skirts, 55 bras, 6 pairs of breastforms, 5 nightgowns, 3 wigs, 4 corsets, piles of makeup,................

Avatar is Michael Steele hollybunches's Avatar
    In the North - Lots of planets have a North
    Excellent choice carla, Excellent choice

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    About a year and a half ago, my wife said, "Crossdressing or drinking but, not both!"

I currently have 14 pairs of shoes, 25 dresses, 12 skirts, 55 bras, 6 pairs of breastforms, 5 nightgowns, 3 wigs, 4 corsets, piles of makeup,................

First, the study didn't even attempt to measure testosterone or estrogen levels in males or females. Second, phytoestrogens are not terribly effective by themselves. Oral Estrogen even in prescription form is given in much higher levels than phytoestrogens, along with testosterone blockers such as Spironolactone. To get the maximum benefit from these medications many forms of "herbal estrogen" are to be avoided, along with starches and sugars.
    I spent about 5 years trying to use booze and drugs to numb the pain of finding out that I was a bass, thinking that I could never transition. When I finally got sober, it was my sponsor who was willing to look at my desire to be a girl without telling me that I couldn't even THINK about it, let alone talk about it. Today, I have 33 years continuous clean and sober time. The LAST thing I would want to do is start drinking again.
    Too many of us have struggled with substance abuse during that horrible time when we wanted to transition, didn't think we could, and couldn't talk to anyone about it. MUCH better to go see a doctor and get a prescription for REAL Estrogen in a form that won't trash your liver or cause severe mental health disorders when taken in high quantities.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Silver Member
    Why so many take this thread as some kind of alcohol advocacy is lost on me. [edit - prob. the title ... so much for humor ...]

Debbie, you are completely missing the point of the study. Moreover, the study itself acknowledges the relatively weak binding of phytoestrogens to estrogen receptors vs. estradiol.

Go back and re-read the hypothesis to understand what this is about. Summarized (emphases mine):

Case studies have shown that men with liver damage resulting from excessive alcohol consumption ... frequently show signs and symptoms of feminization ... These signs and symptoms are consistent with exposure to high levels of estrogen. ... the levels of the steroidal estrogens in cirrhotic, feminized men are similar to or only slightly elevated ...

... the hypothesis ... alcoholic beverages contain biologically active phytoestrogens as congeners. According to this hypothesis, two factors might contribute, at least in part, to the feminization observed in men with alcoholic cirrhosis: (1) prolonged exposure to the phytoestrogens contained in alcoholic beverage congeners and (2) the impaired ability of the alcohol-damaged liver to adequately metabolize and excrete many compounds, including phytoestrogens.
    So the intent was to look for secondary markers of estrogen (or, more specifically, estrogen-like) activity and effects, specifically by measuring (yes) LH, FSH, SHBG, Prolactin, HDL cholesterol, and in the animal study, uterus weight. All measurements were consistent with estrogenic exposure.

MY intent in surfacing this was to question a possible tie between widely-reported drinking issues among trans people and such effects, NOT to advocate drinking!

Also, this is a serious study. "The author is a professor at the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation and an adjunct professor of biostatistics and epidemiology at the University of Oklahoma College of Public Health, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma."

"This work has been supported by National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism grants AA–06772 and AA–11184, the Office of Research on Women’s Health, and the Office of Research
    on Minority Health."
    Last edited by LeaP; 04-09-2014 at 07:26 AM.
    Lea