Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eat, Drink, and be ... Feminized!

Silver Member

Eat, Drink, and be ... Feminized!

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh22-3/220.pdf

What an interesting study! Seems that alcoholic beverages provide a meaningful boost in feminization as they contain significant amounts of biologically active phytoestrogens (the key being "actve").

The detail is worth the read. I think it also raises an additional question: Given that so many transsexuals report drinking heavily (often described as a coping behavior), I wonder if there is a biological driver.
    Lea

Silver Member
    Well I have not drank alcohol in over 20 years not about to start again. When I did drink it was very excessive and out of control, part was to cope but I think mostly I just could not control my drinking and am very susceptible to addiction.

I don't drink, never have drunk much more than a drink or two a year. Just never did much for me.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Banned Read only
    Alcohol made me a mean sloppy drunk. It attributed to most of my troubles with the law when I was young. All it really ever did for me was give me a pot gut and one he!! of a headache the next day.

Maybe that explains the 2 ways I relax................... dressing or drinking.

Gee now you tell me. After I no longer have a need to drink, lol.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Aspiring Member
    Agree with Arbon...been 23 years for me and many memories I cannot forget. Life is wonderful without it and I still love money in my pocket and remember where I was last night.
    Fortuneta

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I think my record for drinking is three very small sips of wine in one evening. Or perhaps it was a Creme De Menthe Parfait back in the days that restaurants still used real Creme De Menthe.

Platinum Member
    Ummmmmmm, beer.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Guess I can't use that an excuse for my behavior either. I still have beer left over from Christmas...

The best news here, quoting the abstract, is "...that phyto-estrogens in alcoholic beverage congeners exerted estrogenlike effects...[which] were observed even at moderate drinking levels."

Lallie
    Time for a change.

My experience is that before going on M2F HRT I was a heavy drinker. After being on the HRT I don't have nearly the craving to drink excessively, and as a result my health is much better.

Maybe I was craving the phyto-estrogens before and since I am getting estrogen via injection I no longer have that craving.

Johanna
    Last edited by JohnH; 03-18-2014 at 06:46 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

It is my understanding the principal effect of alcohol on "feminizing" a biologic system (i.e. an animal) is due to the ethanol inhibition of steroidogenesis. In males this results in a reasonably marked drop in testosterone levels and thus a relative increase in endogenous Oestrogen. I think the reason this effect is possibly more marked in beer consumption is the higher relative calorie consumption in beer drinkers versus spirit drinkers for the same blood alcohol level. It is possible I guess that phytoestrogens may play a role but I believe it would be quite minor compared to the effect of the alcohol itself.

As stated by Adina, Phytoestrogens Probably plays very little in the feminizing.If this were true people who consume high amounts of soy products would show signs of feminization. I think the alcohol lowers inhibitions and lets the desire to dress come forth.

I don't think drinking excessively and HRT go well together.

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    I think my record for drinking is three very small sips of wine in one evening. Or perhaps it was a Creme De Menthe Parfait back in the days that restaurants still used real Creme De Menthe.
    Oh to have a REAL Creme De Menthe Parfait. We would always have one after a dinner out, delicious.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

I used to drink a lot on the weekends so I could forget everything I had been through during the week. Especially when I was single, I made some bad decisions while very drunk. Now I occasionally have some wine with dinner. I do not miss the days of hangovers and regret one bit.

Although I do believe there was some honesty in those bad decisions I made while drunk that I was repressing while sober.

Maybe the Lady Chablis was on to something.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    About a year and a half ago, my wife said, "Crossdressing or drinking but, not both!"

I currently have 14 pairs of shoes, 25 dresses, 12 skirts, 55 bras, 6 pairs of breastforms, 5 nightgowns, 3 wigs, 4 corsets, piles of makeup,................
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I was a terrible drinker! Thank God I have been sober now for 12 years.
    Suzanne

Silver Member
    What I would like to see as a follow-on study. It would be interesting to see if consumption levels and alcoholism in the transsexual population correlate to relatively more active estrogen receptors.

Re the comments on phytoestrogens - while I agree that phytoestrogens' effects typically range from nil to insignificant, this is an instance where they are confirmed to be biologically active and where they have have a confirmed effect. There are several factors that could explain that, including that alcoholics get to the point where alcohol becomes their predominant "food" source.
    Lea

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne F View Post
    I was a terrible drinker! Thank God I have been sober now for 12 years.
    Suzanne
    A terrible drinker? My problem was because I was a GREAT drinker, lol.

Silver Member
    That instantly reminded me of lyrics from a favorite song:

On the morning that I mentioned, I passed with light intention,
    Through a part of our dear country known for beauty and for style,
    Being a place of noble thinkers, of scholars and great drinkers,
    But above them all for splendor shone the Queen of all Argyll.
    Lea

Aspiring Member
    Never cared for the alcohol buzz. Put me to sleep. Now I will have a glass of wine or 1 beer but that's about it. The beer makes me feel masculine. There was also a study on this years ago. Said beer increases testosterone levels or something to that effect. I used to be a toker for several years. The pot buzz I liked. Now that did make me feel more femme strangely enough. Had to swear it off though, made me too paranoid.

Now I know why I enjoy a glass of white wine or two or a Bailys when I go out for an evening with friends.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine