Thread: co-worker saw me wearing wig

co-worker saw me wearing wig

I dress in my truck everyday for my 1 1/2 hour commute home...I then get on the freeway and head home...most of my co-workers drive company vehicles.so I can spot them pretty easily..I choose not to take a company vehicle,so I am able to dress or go anywhere I want after work....on this particular day,I had just got on the freeway,when I looked to the car on my left,and there was a co-worker looking back at me....he had been to a company training and had driven his own car that day....I was sooo embarrased...I changed lanes and got away very quickly,but he definitely knew it was me,he got up next to me again and waved....I sent him a text later and asked if he would not tell anyone at work....He replied "no worries".....I hadn't seen him again at work until this Tuesday morning at the coffee counter....All he said to me was "I had to do a double take" I laughed and then changed the subject and talked about work....He was sooo cool about this......I was so worried for a few days for nothing.......

Banned Read only
    A 1 1/2 hour one-way commute each day? How do you stand it? Oh, the wig? The best kept secrets are known by one person. Good luck!

Platinum Member
    its nice to know that your co-worker was unphased by the information. Let out a deep sigh of relief.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Jamie,
    I would call him a friend.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    You could get your car windows tinted. Large female sunglasses help as well. We would hope that the wig and the rest of the presentation would keep people from recognizing us. Of course if you have a unique vehicle or personalize plates that won't work.

The best soluton in that case is to not react. ...Calmly take the nearest exit or something so you look like a local. He said he had to do a double take, so that means he has no way to be sure it was you until you confirmed it.
    Chickie

Silver Member
    Have had a couple of those incidents too, but stared straight ahead, got off at the next exit, and NEVER reacted when I next saw that person. Nothing was ever said! Sometimes it is best not to panic (if you can), and leave sleeping dogs lie.

What a fantastic guy that you work with your a very lucky person . X

Our fear is usually far worse than what actually happens. I'm glad he was so cool about it. I have come out to a lot of people and practically all of them have been wonderful.

Yep, even with the best planning and execution, unexpected things happen.

I learned a while ago that when something happens for which you are unprepared you should own it, get in front of it, and manage it. Do those before someone else beats you to it and denies you control of the situation. Your coworker could have done that and thankfully didn't.

You came through that one okay, now develop a plan for the next one.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Jamie - your new friend seems very calm about it... perhaps your colleagues at work already suspect something - little clues that have been giving some things away perhaps...?

I used to work with a guy who once returned a company car with a large number of D-shaped indentations stamped in the headlining (the interior roof covering) - eventually we figured out this could only have been made by a stiletto heel... Now, this particular guy was a bit of a lad about town, so we always assumed he'd just been having some enthusiastic... interludes... with young ladies in his car, and they had left said indentations during their moments of passion... He never denied this, but perhaps we were wrong - perhaps he had left them when changing in the confined space...

Possibly someone has seen you also going about your transformation...?

It's good that he laughed it off - but I'd worry that this type of thing may be ripe for the scuttlebutt... Fingers crossed for you...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I have a one of a kind truck,old mid seventies toyota pickup that I converted to 4-wheel drive,it is painted flat olive green,looks sort of military....he knew it was me....hopefully he stays cool with our secret,but like some have said,I may have been seen by others before and people love to gossip......Oh well,life goes on and so does my cross-dressing.....thanks for the comments!!

The same thing happened to me many years back. The only difference was my work colleague told me I needed bigger boobs! So now I do have four larger sets of forms, which in hind-sight was good advice as I always used the smaller look not to get noticed. There always is a silver lining to a thunder cloud!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiegirl1 View Post
    I have a one of a kind truck!
    You answered my question. I would accept his silence and if he does choose to tell others accept it. You don't have to confirm it.

I have been talking to the guy that saw me dressed & in a wig.....we have had a few talks about work related issues,but he hasn't once brought up anything about seeing me that way.....He is sooo cool ,I can't believe there are still such good people in this world.....

Platinum Member
    Hi Jamie, Busted~~~~~Good luck.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Lol. I had similar. Except I am in a company truck. Very obvious as its safety orange. Lol.. I call it the pumpkin. Anyway I was in a pair of skinny jeans, lace trimmed tank and sandals. Little makeup. No wig. Pumping gas and a coworker slows hits the horn waving and yelling my last name. Big smile. I smiled and waved back. He never said a word about it.
    Even if you ARE the sharpest tool in the shed, your still a tool.