Thread: I have a question

Question I have a question

I am a crossdresser. But I cant make my mind up. When I am dressed up thinking about having a girlfriend. is this normal? Can you help???

I am not gay in anyway.

Platinum Member
    I think, like many CDrs you have the mistaken idea that CDing is related to sexual preference. It's not. Gender preference...even temporary...and sexual preference are two different things.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have a wife and 4 teenage daughters, no girlfriend (lots of friends who are girls who have hot bodies).
    Only male friend has a fishing boat with beer fridge and a grill on board.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I don't find it odd that your thinking about it that way. But I would have to agree that CDing and whether you like men or women are two different things. They are related but not that interlinked. Just try and sort through what your feeling are about it and go with who you are.
    Deus le Vult

Miriam
    Nothing unusual at all, Sara. From what I've read here and elsewhere, sexuality is quite separate from gender expression. About the same proportion of people, roughly 10% (or so I remember), are homosexual among both the crossdressing and non-crossdressing populations. Many of us on this site have wives or girlfriends, and one of the most frequently discussed topics is whether to tell our loved ones, and consequences from having done so or not.

Miriam

Aspiring Member
    You're typical for a cross-dresser. The vast majority of them are straight. It seems that cross-dressing has nothing to do with sexual orientation. I think that gay cross-dressers have a tendency to be more flamboyant, while straight cross-dressers tend to be much more private and introspective.

Gold Member
    I enjoy dressing very much; My wife was OK with me dressing. She even bought clothes for me.
    I like girls and girls only. I guess you could say that I like girls so much that I enjoy being in there
    clothes, to get the feeling of being a girl.
    I am a very strait male, and still in the closet.
    Rader

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara, Strait and married over 50yrs.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gender identity and sexual orientation are mutually exclusive.

I used to be puzzled and confused by the fact that I preferred to dress & be as female, and have attraction to females , and zero attraction to males. I felt very alone.

I've also been to a few gay clubs, and discovered that gay guys, for the most part, don't seem to be particularly interested in trans people.......with the exception of a few tranny chasers. Gay guys seem to want men.

I live & dress as female 50-75% of the time, with the exception of work, and even that doesn't count because my hair is beyond shoulder legnth, I wear earrings, and I generally wear womens' jeans mainly because I can't stand guys' clothes.

I'm at the point where I find no thrill in dressing as female, though I do enjoy dolling up as a sexy woman. I just want the world to know that my gender identity is not entirely male.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I think, like many CDrs you have the mistaken idea that CDing is related to sexual preference. It's not. Gender preference...even temporary...and sexual preference are two different things.
    This is very true. I've been married 24 years and CD most of them. Still like women! I just would like to be one of them.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sara,

I agree with Kim on this one . . . you are confusing CDing with sexual preference. We (CDers) are a stratified sample of the male population, some of us are gay, others bisexual while others are straight. You fall into the heterosexual category so no worries.

Hugs

Isha

Banned Read only
    Hi Sara,
    My dressing is closely linked to wanting to share it with a woman, it's a very intimate thing that started at 9 and has never gone away. Guys don't come into the equation !

Sara,
    Wanting a girlfriend is quite normal, as is not being gay.

Rachel,
    Your male friend with boat, beer and fridge are all the attributes you need in a friend like that.
    Just remember to take a flagon of beer along.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    I agree with Kim on this one . . . you are confusing CDing with sexual preference. We (CDers) are a stratified sample of the male population, some of us are gay, others bisexual while others are straight. You fall into the heterosexual category so no worries.
    And few of us identify as asexual too, even if romantically attracted to women.

Lingerie lover
    I'm not gay either. I'm only attracted to women. Part of my desire to CD comes my intense admiration of women and the female body and form. I love how a woman feels, smells, and looks, so I want to sometimes achieve that myself. If I suddenly woke up as a woman one day, I'd be a lesbian.