Thread: Hit on while "en femme" by a Walmart greeter - my life is now complete!...

Hit on while "en femme" by a Walmart greeter - my life is now complete!...

...she said sarcastically.

'Tis true. I was out for a day of shopping in "Leslie" mode earlier this week, and in my element. I was dressed in a 3/4 length black wool coat accessorized with a striking multi-colored gray/black/fuschia/white scarf along with a textured black pencil skirt, a mauve-colored knit top, nude pantyhose and calf-length, mid-heel leather boots (yes, it's still cold in this neck of the woods...what else is new?). Without being immodest, I felt that I was looking good, having a great day overall, and my confidence level was high.

I spent the better part of the day shopping in a nearby mega-mall and making the rounds of various women's and department stores, scoring a couple of dresses and a pair of shoes at ridiculously marked down "final, final, final" clearance sale prices on remaining winter items (the displays and racks were pretty much picked over at this point, but I got lucky ) But before leaving, I decided to stop in at the Walmart at the far end of the mall to buy a new tube of Wet 'n' Wild mascara.

Now, the Walmart in this mall is on two levels, so it has a moving sidewalk (a so-called "Movator") to move people and their carts between the two floors. And typically, a "greeter"-type person is stationed at either end, presumably to assist customers and/or look out for unexpected falls, but probably more likely - to keep Walmart safe from the risk of unwanted lawsuits in the event of an unfortunate injury.

So, as I am approaching this Movator on the upper level, I see "my guy" - a rather dumpy, balding, middle-aged man (i.e., not your average "Lothario") - looking around in a typically bored fashion, glancing over at the Movator occasionally, but more than likely counting the minutes to his next break. Suddenly, he spots me and snaps to attention, his eyes following me in a not-so-subtle fashion. I become aware of this and try to avoid eye-contact - but to no avail. As I approach, he looks me up and down admiringly (leeringly?) and with a mischievous grin says "Have a good day, Ma'am" - these probably being his first words to anyone in the last half hour. I flash him a quick, polite smile, and continue on my way, making a point of keeping my eyes facing forward and otherwise acting non-chalant.

I head over to the cosmetics section, find my mascara, and look around a bit more in case I find anything else I might need. Then, after a good half-hour has elapsed, it's back to the Movator...and guess who is still stationed at the top? My greeter friend.

So here's the scene - no one is ahead of me, he spots me right away, and his eyes start to follow me again. But then he starts to get cute...he pretends to look away, but a few seconds later, his eyes snap back at me. This continues on for several more times, and I am watching this out of the corner of my eye as I am totally on to him. Really? Who does he think he is fooling? Men can be so dumb sometimes - well, at least the non-CDing kind, anyway Then, as I approach the top of the Movator, my knight in shining armor locks his eyes on me again, gives me another huge "nudge, nudge, wink, wink"-style smile and helpfully advises me to "Watch your step, Ma'am". Again, I offer a polite smile, and focus my attention on making a clean getaway in case he makes another attempt at initiating a conversation with me.

I'd be a liar if I said that on some level, I didn't enjoy this attention as it was likely a form of validation that I was passing reasonably well that day. And yes, my outfit was not standard-issue "Walmat chic" (grunge?), so that alone would have made me stand out among the crowd somewhat.

Still, this fleeting encounter did creep me out to some degree, and it was a good life lesson as to what GG's are forced to endure on an almost daily basis. I suppose that after a certain point, this type of unwanted attention becomes a fact of life for them and they start paying it very little heed, whereas we males are usually flying under the radar and are mostly invisible when out in public.

Who says that acting like a woman can't make you a better man? We CDer's have ringside seats when it comes to being able to see the world from both perspectives and learning from some of the unacceptable behaviors that men often engage in. I truly wish that our non-accepting/non-supporting wives and SO's would realize this sometimes, give us some credit for not being so "hyper-masculinized", and see that our being transgendered can have its occasional upsides as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Still, this fleeting encounter did creep me out to some degree, and it was a good life lesson as to what GG's are forced to endure on an almost daily basis. I suppose that after a certain point, this type of unwanted attention becomes a fact of life for them and they start paying it very little heed,
    It's not so bad. We do get used to being looked at and in some cases flirted with, but it all comes with the territory. I guess we just understand the nature of men. I honestly don't know any women who take offense. I don't, unless a guy is being obnoxious about it. I've got to say that I've not come across too many obnoxious men in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    whereas we males are usually flying under the radar and are mostly invisible when out in public.
    Um .... I guess women are a lot more subtle than men when we run into a guy that tickles our fancies. lol. But believe me, women do notice attractive men. We just don't make the first move .. or at least not so much women of my generation.
    Reine

Leslie, that is an awesome story and experience. I wish one day to have the same great experience of getting "leered" at :P great job!

Crossdresser
    Leslie,

I so know what you are talking about. I went to the mall Tuesday and before I even got out of the car I had two young men around 18 starring at me through the windshield while I was combing my hair. My face was blocked by the visor so all they saw were my breasts and that's what they were leering at. They kept rubber necking all the way down the parking lot.

I was wearing a purple vee neck sweater, black pleated skirt, black stockings, and blue pumps. I walked by the cosemetics section which is by the entrance and some guy standing there locked on to me as I approached. I tried to avoid eye contact and turned my head to look at the clothes. I was also doing my best to keep an aisle display between us, but when I cleared the display he came back around his side and was starring pretty intently. I rolled my eyes over and could see where he was starring at. Then he looks up and catches my eye and I'm having thoughts of going over and saying what the hell are you starring at.

I had to remember I was wearing the C girls that day and walking with shoulders back and chest out with heels clicking so I was bound to get some attention. Still, I was empathizing with what girls go through and it did creep me out some.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Leslie,

What a fun story and I can understand feeling validated by such an encounter. The closest I ever came to that was when I was waiting for my coffee at Starbucks. I was wearing skinny jeans and a short coat with boots. A younger guy was sitting in a chair reading his book and he kept peering over the top checking out the girls waiting for coffees. He did give me the typical guy floor to ceiling glance but when he hit the top floor (face) I think he short circuited a bit. Oh well, that will teach him to leer at girls.

Hugs

Isha

Silver Member
    I don't know how GGs put up with that kind of thing, bless their hearts.

Not that it ever happens to me (it really doesn't), but being a guy I would perceive being watched and/or followed like that as some kind of potential threat.

My opinion?

He ID'd you, and liked it I wouldn't be so critical of him. While men ARE pigs (We are almost ALL easy) he was being polite and appreciative.

<3

I'd love to have that kind of experience!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    It's best to not read too much into things when out and about. We all do it because we're hiding in plain sight! Even some old timers who should know better still watch others for approval when out. It always surprises me.

Hi,

Better still to get whistled at or the comment of you look lovely today.

I'm not sure we get mamed never mind pass on that,

...noeleena...

So tell us gyrls ....where the heck are the photos?

Silver Member
    A very interesting adventure of everyday life Leslie, and you handled it well! Recently I had a similar encounter when I entered a mall as my femme self, wearing straight leg denim jeans, 3" black heels, a short black leather jacket, over a white cable knit sweater, and multi-colored long scarf. As my heels "clicked", I saw an older (looked like 80 something) guy suck in his stomach, straighten up with his shoulders back, and started walking towards me. "Hey, do you have the time?" he blurted out at me. "No, and you don't have enough money!" I replied as I kept walking. The old guy must have been trying to pick up any gal, as I heard him ask another gal behind me the same question. Sadly if he had looked up he would see the clock on the wall. Enjoy.

We have the man's perspective of eying off the fairer sex.

Sometimes they don't play fair either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chari View Post
    ... "Hey, do you have the time?" he blurted out at me. "No, and you don't have enough money!" I replied as I kept walking...
    LOL! Chari!

I love that priceless (no pun intended!), snappy comeback! I need to remember that in case I ever have the opportunity to use a similar one myself.

Platinum Member
    Hi Leslie, Be careful you might be in the next (People Of WAL*MART Video).
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Not wanting to burst a bubble, could he have been over compensating having had diversity training and recognized a CDer....or was it the opposite and was gawking at all woman and needs to go on training?...
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Leslie, Be careful you might be in the next (People Of WAL*MART Video).
    Nah! That would be raising the bar for the typical Walmart customer, and that just wouldn't do, now would it? It might even cause that website to implode and negate it's reason for existence...

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit

Adventures and Lessons Learned...

Thank you Leslie for sharing your well written and fun to read adventure.

I certainly can learn a lot about how women are treated when I walk a mile or more in her shoes.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve