Thread: Wonderful News!!!

Wonderful News!!!

Hey everyone~

So, it's been a while. A lot's happened here since I've last posted... including my coming out to my parents and pretty much all of my friends. I came out to two households, both my dad and stepmom, and my mom. I came out to my dad and stepmom a while ago, and received nothing but positive things. They love it~ it's been interesting learning to be able to casually dress around the house now. They've even taken to using the name Daria when I'm a la femme :3

I only recently came out to mom, mostly due to lack of opportunity, but she actually called it before I was able to break it to her. My plan (which previously worked marvelously with my dad) was to wear some femme clothes under my own, then after giving my mom a letter to read as a stall, I'd slip into the bathroom and emerge completely dressed after the letter explained a little. However, after I handed her the note and headed towards the bathroom, she called from behind and guessed I am a crossdresser. To which I scurried to the bathroom and changed.

Since then I've been dressing more and more. My mom even got me waxing and facial appointments at our local makeup joint. They even have lessons! The lady that worked with me is well acquainted with other trans and cd'ers, so she knew exactly how to help. :3 It's been a while, and I love you guys. If I hadn't run across this site I wouldn't have near the courage I do now. So, thank you. :')
    Last edited by Katey888; 03-19-2014 at 07:06 PM. Reason: This forum is open to all genders - greetings should be non-specific

Daria,

That's wonderful news for you and so good that you're able to share it with us.

And it's always a boost for everyone to get a piece of uplifting and positive news from someone - Brilliant!

Take care, and I hope your successful progress continues the way you want it to...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I'm really glad it's worked out for you and that you have such understanding and supportive parents.
    For me, if only? I would love to come out to my mum but i'm not ready just yet, and as she's 86 i'm not sure she will handle it.

Platinum Member
    That IS really great news. It's so wonderful that you have such loving and supportive parents. Count your many blessings!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Great news Daria, I'm in a similar position myself, my mum knows about my CDing but has never seen me so I'm just waiting to pluck up the courage.
    Thanks for sharing that, it's given me some confidence Dani X

💓💓💓💓💓💓
    🎉✨*🌟✨*😍
    Congratulations!!
    😘*✨🌟*✨🎉
    💓💓💓💓💓💓

Platinum Member
    Hi Daria Lee, I love it when a plan comes together.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    Congratulations! It's good to be accepted by the ones we love--and some times hard to achieve, but not for you.

You have a very elegant, beautiful avatar picture.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wow that is great news!!
    All the best in your journey.

wow congratulations!
    Love hearing acceptance reports like this. And especially across both families!
    I'd told my mom (she lives in Plymouth actually ) and got support, but don't get to CD around much really when I'm down there.
    (Smaller town,friends that wouldn't like it but are frequently around, etc...)
    So the active participation is a neat thing to see!
    Congrats again!
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

How was the response from friends ?
    you look fabulous in that outfit.

Daria,
    Very brave the way you did it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm so happy it went well and you enjoy the freedom to be yourself. Thank you for sharing your story.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Daria you are so lucky to have such a supportive family, and they are equally lucky to have you!
    While I do not know you I would be willing bet that they treated as you deserved to be treated.
    I am a firm believer good things happen to good people. And I must say your "method" of having femme clothes at the ready after letting them read the letter is a great idea.

I am so happy for you, I love to hear stories like this!
    So happy to find a site devoted to my passion, I hope you and I can become friends, if not at least you got to see my panties!

Wow, handing over a letter and emerging dressed is a pretty risky way to make a disclosure. I'm glad that it worked for you.

It sounds like you are surrounded by a lot of loving, caring people who place a great value on your feelings. You are truly blessed.

Best wishes
    MsVal