Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking like women in your family, did it happen to you also?

One day I got all dressed up then looked in the mirror and there I was, looking at my younger sister. At first I was devastated but in about 3 or four seconds I came around it hasn't bother me anymore.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

As a kid growing up everyone always said that my brother and I looked just like our mother. The first time I had a wig and makeup sure enough there was a younger version of her looking back at me. It helped my confidence that I knew I actually looked like a woman.

I have 2 younger sisters. The older of the 2 I could always see a resemblance, even in drab mode.
    The younger though I never thought we looked much alike until I dressed, looked in the mirror, and there she was.
    I guess the mailman is off the hook now.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Not with my first real wig but with my new one, I actually look a lot like my Mom. I saw it and my SO confirmed it. She told me the first time she saw me dressed with it on that she thought My Mom had came over while she was out. This leads to me to believe that I MAY be somewhat passable and that all my hiding behind closed doors may be for naught. then again I have never tested the waters and I may only be trying to trick myself into going out more lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    Well shoot. You stumped me. I have been going through my family pics and I find that I have the same issue as I do in guy mode: I don't look much like anyone in my family. :/ Maybe I need to go back farther?? Guess it's time to raid Grandma's attic and do some digging!!!
    "I'm a work in progress..."

That's wonderful that you found it touching!

For me, if I'm not too careful I will begin to look like my Mother which is not the desired intent.

Even in drab people say I look like my mom, so when the wig n stuff go on... I really look like her!!
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I got my facial features and small hands from the feminine side of the family. I tend to look like them while dressed.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    it happened to me once, i had a little bit more weight and this one wig. i remember taking a picture in this old dress i had and i swear i looked like my Aunt Joannie. not what i was going for

Apparently, according to my mom, I look like a second cousin of mine!
    But no resemblance to immediate family.
    HUGS

People often comment that the shape of my face is similar to my mums.
    She has black hair and with a black wig I look a lot like her when she was my age.
    Very strange feeling when tried on black wig for first time. Now I use a brown one more like my own hair colour and don’t get the feeling that I look like her.
    Don’t really want to try and look like other family members.
    My sisters have blondish hair. Maybe would look like them if tried on blonde wig and try similar makeup but not done that.

Yep, my Mom.

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    Update! According to my SO, I look very much like one of my favorite cousins!!
    "I'm a work in progress..."

I certainly copied my mother look when wearing eyewear, but when I really started dressing enfemme I was a redhead, my mon was a brunette.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Banned Read only
    I look very similar to a cousin of mine. Funny thing was I was just thinking this exact same thing looking at pictures I took yesterday and then there is this topic. Of course it would make sense that dressed as women we would/should look like some of our own family of the opposite gender.

When in drab people have always told me I looked like my Mom. If they saw me dressed, they'd be shocked...

Nope. I strongly resemble my dad, and my sister strongly resembles (much to her chagrin) my dad's mother. If I had been a girl, I would have wished to look like my mom's mother; a 1920's flapper, she was a knockout; must have been difficult for my mom and her sisters when growing up and realizing that they'd never be as attractive as their mother was; grandma was HOT when she was young; got married just at the end of the roaring 20's just about a month before the stock market crash.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I look like my sister and my mom.

The older I get the more like my mother I look. My sister takes after Dad's family. However her daughter, my 32 year old niece looks like more like my mother's side of the family. Guess I look like what her mother should!

Banned Read only
    I look like a better dressed, better made up and better coiffed version of any of my sisters.
    this gets easier as I age.
    Is it not true that as one ages the dominant hormone reduces and women look more like their husbands and husbands more like their wives after a point?

In male mode I look very much like my mother and her side of the family.
    When I dress I look like the spitting image of one of my father's brother's daughter. Up to this point I didn't think I looked much after my father.

In the first picture (brunette)which I took quite a few years back I look just like my mom, In the next one looked just like one of my sisters, as a guy my mom always says sometimes I look like either one of my three brothers... guess alot of family resemblance either way !
    Attached Images Attached Images

I never looked like anyone in my family. My brother and sister told me I was adopted. Now as I age I begin to share my brothers eyes. Add makeup and wig and I see my sister. Lucky me.
    Live and let dress.

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar
    I look more and more like my mother is I get older, especially with make-up and a wig on...... scary sometimes.

I think I resemble my niece and some what my sister when dressed,,, though my wife wigged out she thought I looked like her sister. ( I don't know about that she died before I could meet her) my wife is against me dressing but reminding her of a sister that died didn't help my cause any.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)