Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking like women in your family, did it happen to you also?

Bisexual GG
    My husband looks exactly like his sister when he dresses and he's commented on it himself. It was actually kinda creepy at one point. He had a wig a few years ago (we still have it but lost track of it during our latest move) that was almost identical to how she wore her hair at that point in time. When he'd get in full dress the only real difference was his voice.

In drab, I look like my father and was often confused for him on phone. But my wife, who has not seen me dressed, noted my very clean shaven face and discussing my CDing, thought I looked like my mother. I think I look closer to my aunt.

My sisters have all seen pic's of me dressed and said how much we all look alike - they said I was supposed to be a girl and they always wanted a little sister .........................Debra

I look very much like my sister.

I look like my Mom. Especially when I have curly strawberry blonde hair.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

There aren't many women in my family, but I do find that I look like a modified version of a niece of mine. Sometimes I wonder if she would get a kick out of it if she knew, or if she would just be weirded out.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    GeminaRenee, she will, in time. My nieces laugh at some of my pics which so obviously resemble their mothers (my sisters)

Nope, I don't look like anyone in my family now. Before transitioning I looked like the male side
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Very Part Time Girl Melissa Anne's Avatar
    I will occasionally take a picture while dressed in which I bear a striking resemblance to my mother when she was younger.
    Melissa Anne, PPTG
    (Professional Part Time Girl)

Platinum Member
    Hi Diana, Sometimes when I look in the mirror depending on which wig I have on I see my mother or my younger sister.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    No two ways about it, I am my mum when dressed. When I was younger and had hair to my shoulders, even in bob mode I was the spitting image of my mum. I have her nose and eyes in particular.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I look a lot like my Mom. My family has all commented on it. Especially before I colored my hair it was the same color and a similar style to what she had in her 40's.
    We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves - Dalai Lama

www.Steph1964.blogspot.com

Yes, there are more than a few photos in which I look like my mother. There is also one in which I look like one of my nieces.
    Hugs, Carole

My mom after seeing a picture of me dressed said I looked a lot like one younger cousins. She was right.

Platinum Member
    My wife says I resemble my mother...maybe.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    A few years ago, I looked enough like my mother that even I would get confused about whether it was her or me in one of our photos. A couple of people who have known my mother for decades also confused us in that picture.

My mother doesn't look very feminine these days, but still people know she is female. If I could trickle over our facial differences to the point where people know I am female too, then I will not have any difficulty in living as female.

My sister and I are visually related, people "see" without difficulty that we are at most cousins -- and yet we do not look all that similar. But both of us have the nose structure from my father's side of the family.

Depending on which wig I choose I can see one of my sisters in the mirror. It's close enough that I wonder what would happen if another family member or one of her friends saw me in that wig. Would they walk up and think they were talking to her?

When I looked at this pic of myself...

Photo of me at Flickr (I hope that's okay)

I thought.. "OMG! I look like my aunt!!" (a younger sister of my dad).

I can remember I was quite shocked at that moment and speechless for a few minutes.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

I love this thread.....I noticed a few years back when I started wearing makeup,that I looked a lot like my sister,especially when I wear my blonde wig,she dyes her hair blonde.....I too wish I could show my sister how much we look alike when I am dressed.......

My sister's daughter always tell me how much I look like her mom and this is me being on male mode now I can only imagine if she see me on female mode

Gone to live my life
    My wife tells me I look like a cross between my mother and my younger sister.

That's exactly what happened to me natcrys!! A very powerful feeling

Yes I look like my Mother. As confirmed when I let my hair grow long and blow dried it. Only for my five year old to exclaim: Nanny! and that was entirely as a man. I also look like one of my sisters. The best looking one. I'm pleased to say. The only downside is that my Mother is 87. But she was always a babe.

Over the holidays (thanksgiving and christmas) I saw my younger sister and commented that I was seeing a lot of our mother in her. I'm remembering our mother in her 70s thru her 90s. When I shaved my beard in January and looked at myself I was struck by how much I resembled my sister and my mother, I'm 73 and my sister is 69 so we are approching the age that I'm remembering my mother.

Wow, was that ever a shock!!!

Bria

Banned Read only
    I look exactly like my cousin Gail. In fact we have looked so much alike that many times we have been confused as twins. (Other than our difference in height - she's about 3 inches taller - the only other difference is our eye color. Her eyes are green and mine are blue.) My sister Janice has told me I also look like our mother when she was younger. She's also stated there's no doubt that we are sisters because she sees a bit if her and my other two sisters in my face as well. But of my three sisters, I most resemble the oldest of them.
    Last edited by Diane Edwards; 03-20-2014 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Fix yet another typo!