Thread: Reassuring Reaction to CDing from Mainstream

Reassuring Reaction to CDing from Mainstream

I was aimlessly browsing Reddit the other day, just like I do every day lol, when I came across a picture that was in the style of "Confession Bear" (which, for those who are not familiar, is where people post a picture of a bear with some kind of confession over the top).

This picture said something to the tune of "Friends keep complimenting me on my weight loss. I only do it because I want to crossdress"

Now, seeing that it had a lot of replies I thought to myself "oh no, here we go again" expecting the usual flurry of "unnatural" etc etc but I was pleasantly surprised to find that most of the reactions were very supporting.

Has anyone else ever been taken aback by CD acceptance they never thought to see in the mainstream?

x
    Last edited by AngelaKelly<3; 03-20-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Televisions shows here in the states have had MANY references to crossdressers that I noticed.
    One that stands out in mind is actress Sally Struthers saying to her tv show DIL "I have to get to the store early tomorrow because they are having a sale on foundation garments and I want to be there before all the drag queens pick the shelves clean".

Drag queens are fine for the media. Even transgendered and, of course, gay. But say crossdress and I still see that same old familiar 'tee aren't they strange' thing from what I see. On Modern Family, a true comedy show that I love, the teenage sisters in one family would do that to their little brother as an ongoing joke, when they had nothing else to do.

Maybe it is because we just haven't committed to either gender. Even heterosexual men with a female side are not respected. What is strange, both by men and women. I'm just in a funk. Probably because I am closet gay and don't even want to admit it to myself.

Dress on girls. We're alive, we have heart and life is wonderful. Thinking is the problem. Just writing this makes me feel better. Thanks, Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbin_Sinclair View Post
    Maybe it is because we just haven't committed to either gender.
    that is the most astute statement I have read for a long time. Suddenly I can see why so many here don't want to work toward rights
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Spammer
    It does seem that crossdressers are normally portrayed in a verybad light, normally as some crazy person or as the bhnt of some joke. I'd love to see something that portrayed us as normal people, instead of the Buffalo Bill's and Norman Bates of the world.

Dress on girls. We're alive, we have heart and life is wonderful.
    Such a good post Robbin! x

And, I've watched a tonne of Modern Family, I love that show to death!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleInMI View Post
    instead of the Buffalo Bill's and Norman Bates of the world.
    I think that world is still got a long way to go before it forgets the "Buffalo Bill" image of a CDer. Especially over this side of the pond, where English humour sees "men dressed as women" as a major source of comedy. Thankfully that doesn't quite hit the mark in Scotland lol
    Last edited by Katey888; 03-20-2014 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit to add to existing post rather than post again..

Modern family is a good show, but they are still portraying guys as feminine. It would have been better for the gay community if they had picked two non feminine guys. That's at least what I hear being spoken in the gay community.

People know a good thing when they see it hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Maybe it is because we just haven't committed to either gender.
    This is a valid statement. We live in a world that likes to place so many things into either a black, or white category and the gender issue in many cases seems to be one of them. The whole TG, TS issue is just coming to the fore front in many areas, and many still don't understand it. Ignorance is one of the biggest problems in the world regardless of the issue. As some get bolder in dressing as they desire, society will change their opinion and with that the ideas of why CD'ers do what they do. It's not about how many of us want one or the other, it's about how we like to have a little of both from time to time.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Angela there have been the odd occasions.

Robin,
    A great tirade of philosophy from you over there.
    Like others have mentioned it's the most astute post I have read in a long time I feel the sun and tropical weather is getting to you again.
    Maybe you are reading and relaxing too much.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

We may be something else, dear.

It may be that we are having a hard time choosing because we are *both* genders.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder