Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone ever feel bad the day after they dress?

Question Does anyone ever feel bad the day after they dress?

I know that I love to dress. I know that it makes me feel great. I know that I enjoy every minute and feel more real that I ever do dressed as a man. I know that however I feel and whatever doubts I have I will still end up dressing and looking forward to it.

But ........ and here's the thing...... I still feel bad the next day. Not every time but quite often. Why???? I live in a place where this sort of lifestyle is really not accepted and if many people I know, knew that I did this they would distance themselves from me.

I have some new things arriving in the post and am looking forward to them arriving but I still feel that I am not normal and being an incredibly sensitive person it takes it toll on me.

I am sure there are others here who have the same feelings, so I would love to hear any comments.

Lucy Lou xoxoxo

I have only dressed fully a handful of times, and yes I get bad feelings afterwards. In my case, it saddens me to think how something that makes me feel so happy, alive and complete would be regarded as very negative by my loved ones.

Which, in turn, makes me feel like I'm not normal, like there's something wrong in me. I suppose some bad feelings are normal for many girls here? Maybe it's something we learn to cope with in the proccess of accepting ourselves...

Love,

Diana.

About 20 or so years ago, I felt a ridiculous amount of shame.

I used to talk to girls while having shaved legs , and painted toenails, and panties under my jeans. It made me feel so miserable and inadequate as a human being.

I finally learned that I'm just a gender non-conforming person. My family and friends know this side of me. There are no lies. There is nothing hidden.

I am at peace. I am just simply.......me.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 03-22-2014 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Removed religious comment.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never felt bad after dressing at all.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    The only negative feelings are those associated with, "so why can't I do it again today?"

As it turns out, Tina has had blocks of time every day for the last week, after a long drought. I'm smiling as I tell you that I could be male for a couple of days and be ok with it.

Platinum Member
    No. I'm not the least bit guilty or apologetic about who I am.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The only thing that makes me feel horrible after dressing is having to go back to being me, I mean the male version of me. I love being Michelle, I am comfortable and happy, removing all the things that physically make me Michelle is very painful sometimes. The worst felling is knowing how lucky I am in my every day life, I have a wife that not only loves me but actually likes who I am, my kids are the best and when it comes to my home life...well it is perfect. I love my career and as far a my male self, not to shabby. Yet I feel like I am missing out in the most essential aspect of living, I can only be Michelle from time to time and it hurts, especially knowing the price I would have to pay if I wanted to follow the dream of being Michelle all the time, it is too high a price so I just have to learn to cope.

It occurred to me that if any of my children came to me and said they were a cross dresser I would fully accept and love them. If any of my friends or acquaintances came out to me I would gully support them and applaud their courage. If I could accept this from my friends, loved ones and strangers, do I deserve any less? Maybe the world doesn't accept me for who I am but I do! After having this epiphany I lost all of those feelings and am just having fun.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I always feel good for several days afterward...just floating really. But then there comes a day of depression. Just missing it, I guess... sigh. I don't see any possible way my skin would ever be thick enough to go full time...but...oh, damn....sigh.
    There was a time, years ago, when I would dress and ... well, you know...tee hee... and that would sometimes be followed by revulsion ... but those days are long gone.
    Now I love the girl with everything I have... and I miss her so much when I have to put her away. Would that I had reached this same place many years ago.
    Maybe I will go shopping... that always cheers me up!

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    The only negative feelings are those associated with, "so why can't I do it again today?"
    Ha Ha! Yes - that was my first thought too... So I'm totally with Tina and Michelle on this - it would be great if Katey could just hang out for a prolonged period but I also suspect that the desire might fade a bit too... would be nice to give it a try!

Lucy - I do feel sorry for you... I'm guessing that it's a fairly provincial and conservative region that you live in - that must make things difficult for you? Perhaps your only short term option is just to keep what you do in the closet - over time, either your environment may change (unlikely, I realise..) or your circumstances may be different - perhaps you will not always be where you are...

I suspect many of us also have those doubts about not being normal - but who is absolutely 'normal' anyway? Nobody! What drives us is not something of our choosing - some may perceive us as having a condition or disease, so be it; it does not change for me the simple fact that we cannot help what drives us and that it is not wrong...

I would try to take some reassurance from that and the fact that so many here also feel the same drive...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lucy,

I can't say I have ever felt bad after dressing. I think you are experiencing a bit of guilt associated with liking something you think you should not like. I believe once you come to terms with yourself and get comfortable in your skin when "en femme" you will find these feeling may abate over time.

Hugs

Isha

Hiya Lucy, I've never been to the SW of France (only Paris and the Alps)... I assume it's not the most liberal and tolerant of places. I hope you're situation improves.. my experiences with friends in the Netherlands is that only moving to a bigger city helped them.

For myself, I never felt bad or guilty about my dressing. The only negative aspect is my worry and concern for my parents if/when I'm ever a 100% out and how the rest of my extended family will treat my parents.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Every day is a change for me. I too used to feel different. Not sure if I want to say ashamed, but I did have a different feeling. I think the main reason is because I still do it in secret. The few times I have been out dressed I had traveled from my home town to go out. As time moves along, I actually find myself "dressing" a bit less, but I am blending the girl in me into my everyday life a little bit more. I guess till I really figure out who I am and when I am ready to tell the world I cant be ashamed just confused.
    Erica

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Sometimes I feel bad DURING...like wtf am I doing? And sometimes directly after dressing I want to quit...I start deleting pictures on the net...and I put a paper bag over my head...I dunno why this happens....I kinda do I guess...but it passes. Then I regret deleting my photos on facebook.

Yes, I feel great while I am in the process, maybe a couple of times I may ask myself why am I am doing this, but it usually passes, so it's about 90-95% euphoria.

Right afterwards, while I transform back into male mode, I feel good about my accomplishments.

24 hours later, I do feel a bit ashamed and embarrassed at times, I feel exactly like Adriana , but then the feeling subsides a day later, and then I look forward to the next possible time to venture enfemme

Very weird, I do admit

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I have felt bad before, during, and after. But those days are becoming less and less the more I am able to accept myself for who I am. I only really became aware of my own internal negative feelings was when once, while fully dressed, I saw my reflection and clearly heard myself say "freak." It shocked me that I said this in my own head and have never heard anyone ever say anything remotely even close to that. From then on, I have tried to only focus on me being okay with me.

I don't know what a "normal" person is Hon as I've never been one. Thank the stars. To myself it's more like the difference in being "ordinary" or "extraordinary". Works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit

Dressing - a Curse or a Gift

There was a time, when I had not come to terms with who I am, that I felt like I had given into it and that it was wrong. That made me feel bad. However... now I do not feel that way at all. Being, and feeling, different is a gift and not a curse.

But it took years of study, research through history, self reevaluation to realize I'm not alone with these feelings. I believe that I was made this way for a reason.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 03-22-2014 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Removed religious comment.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Banned Read only
    No, I never feel bad. It is me. I like the result when I see it. I never dress at the expense of family, friends, or any obligations. I don't feel bad when I bike, surf, lift weights, why should this other aspect bother me?

Banned Read only
    Lucy,
    You may be feeling bad because you have not fully accepted yourself as yet. The guilt and shame stem from the fact that you feel you have to hide this part of yourself from family, friends, and society in general. Once you accept that this is just another part of you and that it is perfectly alright to dress, your bad feelings should go away.

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    When I was a kid, I'd feel bad after I dressed mostly because I didn't understand why I wanted to in the first place and thought people would hate me if they ever found out. Later on, I'd feel bad while dressing because no matter what, I was still a GM. Last week, while online, I had a WTF moment that left me feeling guilty for indulging my feminine side. Reading this thread and being part of this community, has helped me realize that I'm not alone in my fears/concerns. That's really wonderful and comforting. Nowadays, I do not feel bad before, during or after I dress ... just MAYBE after buying something. I tend to binge and have to really be careful...

But I digress... In all honesty, I am not sure what has changed for me. Wednesday is the type of person I have always wanted to be and I am doing my best to learn from her and grow.

Hugs to all.
    Last edited by Felicia Dee; 04-27-2014 at 01:05 PM.
    "I'm a work in progress..."

Gold Member
    I only feel bad when I have to undress, or can not dress at all.
    But I never leave the house dressed, Just not feminine enough.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    It has been a while since I had those feelings. It took a lot of self reflection to resolve those feelings. I dare say every last man on this site at one time or another looked into a mirror and had some serious questions concerning something about their cross dressing. Some may still be in turmoil after decades, while some may have just shrugged their shoulders once or twice and gone on with life.

Lucy I did up until 3 years ago. I told my wife 9 years ago(after she saw a history of me looking at crossdressers on the PC). We stayed married and I even purchased a red teddy and matching high heels(she was not happy when that came)
    I would dress in my lingerie once or twice a year DADT, but always felt guilty, dirty, and like I was disappointing her.
    5 years ago I purged and didn't dress for almost 2 years. I became very depressed, grumpy and very difficult to live with.
    One night while getting ready for bed my wife asked what was wrong with me. I started crying and told her I was sorry, bit I was a crossdresser and it was something I had to do. After lots if crying and hugging she told me that she loved me and while she doesn't understand it and it still scared her she was OK with me being a crossdresser.
    The next night while we where getting ready for bed she gave me a pair of panties she had purchased for me. It was the greatest gift ever.
    I still dress infrequently, mostly when my wife and the kids visit her mom, but I have a nice panty collection and wear them to bed 2 or 3 times a week. My wife did my make up once ( the only time she saw me dressed) and if I purchase new cloths she likes to see them. Sorry I have rambled on , but my point is, this is who whe are, and before you can integrate this into your life and your loved ones life you have to let the guilt go. Everyone's answer to what will work for them will be different, but non of us have anything to be ashamed of.

There's only one reason I feel bad the next day is because I'm not still dressed. I just remember how wonderful it was and how much pleasure it gave me.