Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG I'm Out

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm divorced, retired, most of my best friends are CDs, and my gf likes my CD girlfriends and me dressed in addition to boy mode. Last summer I managed to make the front page of the Seattle Times. In the famous words of Alfred E Neuman of "Mad" magazine fame, "What, me worry"?

Gold Member
    I think the risk goes with your relative level of out. I went to a town hall type of meeting with the state equality group. Walked in the auditorium and found a seat and then noticed the TV camera. Nothing to do but smile. Yea, I was a little stupid and ducked my head some when the camera panned around. But I walked out thinking that if anyone saw it (and I don't look that different), then I would own it and potentially start calling family depending on who saw it. Word of mouth travels faster than it used to. But no one ever said anything which means less people saw me on the news than have seen me shopping.