Thread: Best Day Ever!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar

Best Day Ever!!

Hi all! So this is me, starting my first thread. Yay. I had SUCH the most amazing day yesterday, that I MUST share!! But first...

Usually when I'm out, it's en drab or, on occasion: tomboy mode. "Tomboy mode" is my term for dressing in gender neutral clothes with a heavy lean towards girly. In some areas, I think the look is called "metrosexual."

Anyhow, I'm still new to the Mid West and have been a tad out of my element - being from San Francisco, and have been "feeling out the area." BTW: Central Ohideeoh has QUITE the undertow of counter culture! I KNOW! Who new? SOOOO I usually do lots of window shopping, then run home and find what I like online. Amazon will be my undoing, mark my words.

WELL. I woke up and even though my daily planner said it was Saturday - really, it was WEDNESDAY! I got up and into "tomboy mode" and headed out. POW!

First stop: The laser hair place. FYI, I currently wax. If I did not, I'd look like the orangutan from those old Clint Eastwood movies. Does or has anyone ever done the laser hair removal thing? Because wow. Pricy. I might be willing to do it, if it is actually worth it... I'm looking for some feedback, so if you have done it, please feel free to chime in.

ANYHOO. The lady there was really nice and I was feeling especially confident and so we just cackled and BLAHBLAHBLAHed about how great it would be to never have to shave my face again or wax... anything. I left informed and rather giddy and after a quick bite, went to this terrific thrift store aptly titled: "Out of the Closet." I have been carefully reinventing my look over the last few months or so and as such had gotten down to mostly "boudoir" attire. Fun for under-dressing or at home fashion shows but I'm a loudmouthed Italian-American princess, darnit! I need to go outside and be fawned over. OK, maybe not fawned over... chatted with over mimosas? Pictures from my upcoming fashion shoot pending!

Ahem.

So, I'm reaching for these AMAZINGLY kitsch 1980's era black and pink sneaker stilettos, when a sales girl pops up alongside me and asks if I was looking for something in particular. I said; "It depends if these shoes are my size or not." Instant besties. Needless to say, it was AWESOME. I had a personal shopper! A Wednesday FIRST! Flash forward to two hours later and I had 3 new skirts, a couple of sweaters, some semi casual tops, a black, strapless prom dress and 2 pairs of shoes (yes! the cheesy sneaker heels) all for just under 40 bucks!! What a difference to not only be able to try everything on, but to do so with the objective eye of a GG to bounce things off of.

I have never felt as perfectly feminine as I did at that moment and couldn't just let it end, so I ventured into a GBLT shop called "The Garden." I didn't have an agenda, I just wanted to see what they had. As it turns out, it's nirvana. OMFG! Clothes, makeup, hair -the whole 9 yards.

OK, so within minutes - it's me, in a store -OUT- at a counter sporting a red, lacy bra over my tee shirt cracking jokes and shaking and squeezing different sizes of boobs to figure the right pair, (given my dimensions), like it was nothing. It probably helped that the person working with me was an "off duty" drag queen. I left there with new concealer and some sexy, retro stockings. Seriously. I have never experienced a day like this ever. So much happies!!

OK gurls! Dish!! What was YOUR best day ever??
    Last edited by Felicia Dee; 04-27-2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Enabled smilies :)
    "I'm a work in progress..."