Thread: Best Day Ever!!

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar

Best Day Ever!!

Hi all! So this is me, starting my first thread. Yay. I had SUCH the most amazing day yesterday, that I MUST share!! But first...

Usually when I'm out, it's en drab or, on occasion: tomboy mode. "Tomboy mode" is my term for dressing in gender neutral clothes with a heavy lean towards girly. In some areas, I think the look is called "metrosexual."

Anyhow, I'm still new to the Mid West and have been a tad out of my element - being from San Francisco, and have been "feeling out the area." BTW: Central Ohideeoh has QUITE the undertow of counter culture! I KNOW! Who new? SOOOO I usually do lots of window shopping, then run home and find what I like online. Amazon will be my undoing, mark my words.

WELL. I woke up and even though my daily planner said it was Saturday - really, it was WEDNESDAY! I got up and into "tomboy mode" and headed out. POW!

First stop: The laser hair place. FYI, I currently wax. If I did not, I'd look like the orangutan from those old Clint Eastwood movies. Does or has anyone ever done the laser hair removal thing? Because wow. Pricy. I might be willing to do it, if it is actually worth it... I'm looking for some feedback, so if you have done it, please feel free to chime in.

ANYHOO. The lady there was really nice and I was feeling especially confident and so we just cackled and BLAHBLAHBLAHed about how great it would be to never have to shave my face again or wax... anything. I left informed and rather giddy and after a quick bite, went to this terrific thrift store aptly titled: "Out of the Closet." I have been carefully reinventing my look over the last few months or so and as such had gotten down to mostly "boudoir" attire. Fun for under-dressing or at home fashion shows but I'm a loudmouthed Italian-American princess, darnit! I need to go outside and be fawned over. OK, maybe not fawned over... chatted with over mimosas? Pictures from my upcoming fashion shoot pending!

Ahem.

So, I'm reaching for these AMAZINGLY kitsch 1980's era black and pink sneaker stilettos, when a sales girl pops up alongside me and asks if I was looking for something in particular. I said; "It depends if these shoes are my size or not." Instant besties. Needless to say, it was AWESOME. I had a personal shopper! A Wednesday FIRST! Flash forward to two hours later and I had 3 new skirts, a couple of sweaters, some semi casual tops, a black, strapless prom dress and 2 pairs of shoes (yes! the cheesy sneaker heels) all for just under 40 bucks!! What a difference to not only be able to try everything on, but to do so with the objective eye of a GG to bounce things off of.

I have never felt as perfectly feminine as I did at that moment and couldn't just let it end, so I ventured into a GBLT shop called "The Garden." I didn't have an agenda, I just wanted to see what they had. As it turns out, it's nirvana. OMFG! Clothes, makeup, hair -the whole 9 yards.

OK, so within minutes - it's me, in a store -OUT- at a counter sporting a red, lacy bra over my tee shirt cracking jokes and shaking and squeezing different sizes of boobs to figure the right pair, (given my dimensions), like it was nothing. It probably helped that the person working with me was an "off duty" drag queen. I left there with new concealer and some sexy, retro stockings. Seriously. I have never experienced a day like this ever. So much happies!!

OK gurls! Dish!! What was YOUR best day ever??
    Last edited by Felicia Dee; 04-27-2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Enabled smilies :)
    "I'm a work in progress..."

Wow. So beyond pink fog. I think you are into pink sandstorm, or perhaps even pink tsunami territory. Sounds like you had fun.

Silver Member
    My best day as Heather was the first day I discovered Heather - my first time crossdressing. It was about 5 years ago. My wife urged me to buy a pair of black stiletto heels because she knew I liked her to wear heels. She said buy a pair for yourself. I thought about it and nervously did. I brought them home and tried them on. Instant excitement. Wow. What a rush. My wife was thrilled too. She asked me if I wanted to try on a pair of her nylons. Wow - more excitement. Then she gave me a bra. Then a sex black top. Then she applied makeup. I knew that I loved being Heather.

Wednesday,
    What happened Thursday? ")

My best day was always a Saturday.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Please continue posting darlin, your first thread was a 5 Star winner. Best Wishes !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Platinum Member
    Hi Wednesday, My best day is Saturday now that I'm retired my week now has six Saturdays and a Sunday.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Wednesday - so glad you experienced that and shared it - it's a great read; truly enjoyable!

Dish???? Hmmm...

My best day...? Is yet to come....

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
    Wow. So beyond pink fog. I think you are into pink sandstorm, or perhaps even pink tsunami territory. Sounds like you had fun.
    ROFLMAO! Yeah, right? But so wonderful...

Banned Read only
    Best day ever. First time totally femme cut, color and hairstyle at Espace Beaute Glam in Montreal. I got my makeup superbly done in Cornwall to save money and got to Montreal looking totally amazing already. The wonderful staff treated me as any other female client. I told them I wanted a very feminine look....and tried to relax as I was gently ushered into a world I had only dreamed of. I was both shocked and delighted at the new moi I saw staring back in amazement from the mirror. Blonde highlights well beyond guy-mode acceptablility and a gorgeous assemetrical cut! Whew!
    All day long, during my search for a little black dress and during Dior eyeliner demo in front of twenty or so ladies at The Bay I was treated as the amazing lady I was!
    Aren't we luck to have discovered this?

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Glad you had fun....where are these pics you promised? are they coming soon?? ....

Had a lot of good days one years ago ventured in to a straight bar in a college area of town I must have been feeling good, but everything worked well even got asked to dance. I guess I passed. That was pretty fun. It was definately an all girl feeling I am sure fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    Glad you had fun....where are these pics you promised? are they coming soon?? ....
    Yes! As of tomorrow, I have a whole week to myself for girly happy fun time!
    Last edited by Felicia Dee; 04-27-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Platinum Member
    Hmmm, best day ever. Four days come to mine...the days when my two sons and two grandchildren were born.

OK, so you meant, best in the context of experiences as a TG person. I'm pretty low key, but the most enjoyable days have involved getting a mani-pedi, going to my first business meeting en femme, the coming out to a GG former business associate and spending four hours at her home just talking...a little about the "new" me, but mostly just girl talk. I really felt I'd arrived.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    I never heard of this place called the Chamber. Do you have info on it. I am up in Cleveland and might want to check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    Hi all! So this is me, starting my first thread. Yay. I had SUCH the most amazing day yesterday, that I MUST share!! But first...

Usually when I'm out, it's en drab or, on occasion: tomboy mode. "Tomboy mode" is my term for dressing in gender neutral clothes with a heavy lean towards girly. In some areas, I think the look is called "metrosexual."

Anyhow, I'm still new to the Mid West and have been a tad out of my element - being from San Francisco, and have been "feeling out the area." BTW: Central Ohideeoh has QUITE the undertow of counter culture! I KNOW! Who new? SOOOO I usually do lots of window shopping, then run home and find what I like online. Amazon will be my undoing, mark my words.

WELL. I woke up and even though my daily planner said it was Saturday - really, it was WEDNESDAY! I got up and into tomboy mode and headed out. POW!

First stop: The laser hair place. FYI, I wax. If I did not, I'd look like the orangutan from those old Clint Eastwood movies. Does or has anyone ever done the laser hair removal thing? Because wow. Pricy. I might be willing to do it, if it is actually worth it... I'm looking for some feedback, so if you have done it, please feel free to chime in.

ANYHOO. The lady there was really nice and I was feeling especially confident and so we just cackled and BLAHBLAHBLAHed about how great it would be to never have to shave my face again or wax... anything. I left informed and rather giddy and after a quick bite, went to this terrific thrift store aptly titled: "Out of the Closet." I have been carefully reinventing my look over the last 6 months or so and as such had gotten down to mostly "boudoir" attire. Fun for under-dressing or at home fashion shows but I'm a loudmouthed Italian-American princess, darnit! I need to go outside and be fawned over. OK, maybe not fawned over... chatted with over mimosas? Pictures from my upcoming fashion week pending!

Ahem.

So, I'm reaching for these AMAZINGLY kitsch 1980's era black and pink sneaker stilettos, when a sales girl pops up alongside me and asks if I was looking for something in particular. I said; "It depends if these shoes are my size or not." Instant besties. Needless to say, it was AWESOME. I had a personal shopper! A Wednesday FIRST! Flash forward to two hours later and I had 3 new skirts, a couple of sweaters, some semi casual tops, a black, strapless prom dress and 2 pairs of shoes (yes! the cheesy sneaker heels) all for just under 50 bucks!! What a difference to not only be able to try everything on, but to do so with the objective eye of a GG to bounce things off of.

I have never felt as perfectly feminine as I did at that moment and couldn't just let it end, so I ventured into a GBLT shop called "The Chamber." I didn't have an agenda, I just wanted to see what they had. As it turns out, it's nirvana. OMFG! Clothes, makeup, hair -the whole 9 yards.

OK, so within minutes - it's me, in a store -OUT- at a counter sporting a red, lacy bra over my tee shirt cracking jokes and shaking and squeezing different sizes of boobs to figure the right pair, (given my dimensions), like it was nothing. It probably helped that the person working with me was an "off duty" drag queen. I left there with foam forms, to try out a new size, new concealer and some sexy, retro stockings. Seriously. I have never experienced a day like this ever. So much happies!!

OK gurls! Dish!! What was YOUR best day ever??

The chamber and the Garden are both on high street at fifth... I think they have websites... super nice folks and reasonable prices- for the most part.

Gone to live my life
    Hi there,

What a great story and well written . . . I felt like I was right here with you experiencing everything. Congrats on such a fun day.

My best day ever. I would have to be the day I was out and about and finally realized that I don't care what people think of me and just started being. At that moment, I felt an internal happiness with myself that I have never felt before, I stopped being self conscious and just went about my day with a smile.

Hugs

Isha