Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do athletes make better CDers?

Banned Read only

Do athletes make better CDers?

Or X athletes as the case may be... or should they have any advantage of any kind?

And the word "better" is subjective of course. I am actually thinking of athletes from one particular sport but it might apply to several.

If you did any sports in the past and/or currently do any, do you think you have benefited from it?

I am talking of CDers who go out into the RW dressed.

I can think of two in history although I am sure there are more in general life. Bruce Jenner ( I assume although we have never seen him dressed) and that MMA fighter. Christine Jorgensen was a TS (maybe Bruce is also). Maybe you have more examples?

Certain sports may be conducive to dressing and maybe building a feminine body. I played highly competitive upper end Volleyball for 15 years. My body was very androgynous and was similar to women who played the same sport. The men, however, were cut and fit and very masculine (and strong and tall which is one reason I gave it up). I also played field hockey but not enough to change any body attributes. I really can't see how any male athlete in most sports would make a better CD. Muscular development would preclude it. Maybe Go;f?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Platinum Member
    Hi WAH, I really don't think that makes any difference.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Than what......???
    I am looking for the comparison here.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I cant see how it would help as most male sport are very encouraging of bigger and better with regards to muscle mass etc.

Maybe one if you consider shopping a sport
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Professional Ice Skaters? Ballet dancers? Sport dancers? maybe

Certainly not bodybuilders... if the subject is about passing of course.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 03-24-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Wouldn't a CDer jock be kind of an oxymoron?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I was a klutz at spots until around age 17. I did enjoy playing basketball, baseball, football, ice skating, roller skating, soccer, fishing, bike riding. It may have kept my legs in good shape for hose, and helped me look better in a dress. I hear of cops, and firemen also that CD.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Physically active people are in better shape, and look healthier overall. And society trains to think the thinner you are the better you look, when the right then to do is maintain a healthy body weight.

Can imagine long distance runners and ski jumpers would look good in a frock.
    Basically any sport requiring low body mass would do it.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yea running is great!!!! ...It def helps keeping slim for sure.

Any sport will benefit your dressing but overall it will depend on genetics. I was a very good volleyball player and it helped me by keeping me lean and with strong legs, I am with Lorileah most guys were strong and masculine

Nobody mentioned swimming? In high school we would carry the books (before back-packs) of one boy - a champion swimmer. Still true today that long muscles produced in competitive swimming avoids the weight-lifting look. The other point has been mentioned - watching one's weight is a big plus.
    Julie

I agree that swimmers often have long, rather than bulky, muscles. On the other hand, competitive swimming tends to broaden shoulders, even for GGs. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, though shoulders are a challenge for many of us.

If one were a bicyclist or squatter, it would probably help with CDing, as long as they did not fall into the trap of building the upper body as well (many cyclists do, so they *don't* look so bottom-heavy

Banned Read only
    Anyone who has played organized football beyond the half pint level should be aware. Or maybe basketball or baseball to a lesser degree.

Platinum Member
    I was a defensive lineman In high school and college. Did it help? It gave me an outlet for some aggression bred of frustration. As far as being TG, the muscle mass wasn't a plus, but muscle tone looks good on anyone.

Interestingly, although I may have been the only TG lineman at my university, there were a couple of closeted gay linemen as well. I can't speak for the other positions.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 03-30-2014 at 03:56 PM. Reason: iPad errors
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I've been doing long distance running for a few years now and did lots of cycling back in the day. Both these sports have resulting in me having a large bum and set of thighs and a very slim upper body. Have to say, it has really helped me with CDing xx (Although the large butt is really detestable in my male life >:/ )

My body's response to exercise is to bulk up like mad. After a lazy winter I have a 48" chest, 36" waist, and 25" thighs. Now that weather is up above 45 degrees I'm back on the bike.

My avatar was chosen with great care and deliberation. Unless I take hormones, I'm going to look like a big 'ol beast in pretty clothes.

My vote is 'no'.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Personally I use my legs a lot not in sport but I run occasionally and walk A LOT. Combined with doing no upper body exercise apart from general toning... I'd say it really does help with general shape but it's a minimal thing. Still rather see a well toned body than either a too large or too skinny one but thats in general not just in relation to girls clothes.

Banned Read only
    I'm thinking of the MENTAL aspect of it. It was always part of the training but it likely only applies to team sports.

Since I began running over 2 years ago I went from 220 to 170. As I have shared I train for marathons. I love being able to go out in my cute skinny jeans. It has given me confidence to be able to go out on a regular basis. I hope to get down to 160 before I run the Boston Marathon in 2015. If you don't like the way you feel get out there and start walking every day. Before you know it you will be running!
    Suzanne

Or do crossdressers make better athletes? and who's and "x"? I still playing ice hockey twice a week..... way more than I dress! sigh....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Talisker View Post
    Can imagine long distance runners and ski jumpers would look good in a frock.
    Basically any sport requiring low body mass would do it.
    Not to mention figure skaters and gymnasts...

Banned Read only
    Part of every football practice [once the season starts] is making proper adjustments and being prepared for the OTHER team. Which in "our" case is Joe Doe Public.