Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TV licence

Smile TV licence

Hi could I as how I get a TV licence or how do I go about making one thank you xx

Seriously, Rachell...?

In the UK - the government keeps a database of all premises licenced for TVs - obviously I have to have one for my home...

If you don't have a licence, the government sends round men in vans who check your home for unlicensed TVs and if they find one, they take it away!

So glad this doesn't apply to CDs too...

(I'll leave this bizarre thread for a while to see if anyone else gets it - then I'll punt it to the Lounge... )

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

call Comcast

You mean I could get fined for operating a skirt without a licence?

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    If u get your tv license you may need one for your computer monitor too. I have unregistered tvs so the gov doesnt know. Im kind of a rebel that way.

Good luck in your search though
    Erica

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    Only if you choose to not wear a slip.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Apparently so, and I'm looking up the appropriate authorities in all your areas right now to blow the whistle
    My wife owns ALL the TVs in our house....me included.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I went away to trade school to get my TV license but I never went to any of the classes. I couldn't get out of my closet.
    Live and let dress.

I used to have CD's now I stick to me DVD's and Netflix. Unlicensed and happy.

Sheila stole my answer... LOL

I do know a little about CD licenses. They come in grades of A, B and C with class A being the most difficult to obtain.
    The grades are based on gross weight, which I think has to do with the size of your purse.
    I just wonder if a Hazardous Material certification is required for my makeup...

Shelby
    Last edited by ShelbyDawn; 03-24-2014 at 06:46 PM.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Darn! I have held several classes of radio license in the past and still have an active radio license today, but never got a TV one.

But I think the OP, Rachell, is asking a serious question and we may be a bit umfair with our answers.

Rachell, I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you mean a driver's license with your femme name and picture? Or do you mean the sort of "carry letter" that TG/TS people sometimes carry to show that they are under treatment for TG/TS?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

If you mean one of those licences to be a TV, they were a little comedy thing on BeckysWeb which sadly closed a few years ago. You use to be able to add your pic and make up comedy endorsements and it was overlaid with "TV LICENCE".

Katey, this thread can't go into the Lounge since it discusses TV topics!

Persephone, your ham ticket covers ATV, all you have to add is money! That does lead to some interesting new ways of being outed. Be sure the transmitter is off before you walk in front of the camera pretty (or drab, depending upon the friends)!

Now, as far as TV receiver licenses, we don't have those here in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave and in fact the concept of paying for broadcasts is somewhat distasteful to us. "They can have my unregistered TV when they pry it out of my cold dead fingers!"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Platinum Member
    Hi Rachell, I have a Roofers card, That covers everything !
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm confused
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I was just recently told by someone who would definitely know, that
    at least here in GA where I am, One can go to the DMV while dressed
    and get a state ID card.

If one gets pulled over when dressed and they have that along
    with their normal drivers license, it can explain why they look the way
    they do.

I think it may also have something to do with legal protections...but I'm
    not sure.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    ok i read the beginning of the thread. How would they know you have an unlicensed TV? What do these license fees generally run?

Silver Member
    All electronic equipment puts out signals which can be detected by the right equipment.

Here's an extensive conversation on that topic:

http://www.theguardian.com/notesandq...-22440,00.html
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Gold Member
    Don't forget, you still have to take the written and hands-on test along with making sure your eyesight is good (I hear it is an eyeliner test)

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Now, as far as TV receiver licenses, we don't have those here in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave and in fact the concept of paying for broadcasts is somewhat distasteful to us. "They can have my unregistered TV when they pry it out of my cold dead fingers!"
    For info; the TV license funds the BBC. Not just the TV (BBC's 1, 2 ,3, 4 and a 24 hour news channel) but at least 6 national radio stations, god knows how many local stations, free catch up TV and radio via the iPlayer and a huge web content not to mention several world class orchestras. And the real beauty is, not a commercial in slight. We can watch a film, drama, documentary, news without being sold washing powder or junk food. Worth every penny!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

TV licences

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    For info; the TV license funds the BBC. Not just the TV (BBC's 1, 2 ,3, 4 and a 24 hour news channel) but at least 6 national radio stations, god knows how many local stations, free catch up TV and radio via the iPlayer and a huge web content not to mention several world class orchestras. And the real beauty is, not a commercial in slight. We can watch a film, drama, documentary, news without being sold washing powder or junk food. Worth every penny!
    It would be even better if the BBC showed anything worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by darla_g View Post
    ok i read the beginning of the thread. How would they know you have an unlicensed TV? What do these license fees generally run?
    Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    All electronic equipment puts out signals which can be detected by the right equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    In the UK - the government keeps a database of all premises licenced for TVs - obviously I have to have one for my home...

If you don't have a licence, the government sends round men in vans who check your home for unlicensed TVs and if they find one, they take it away!
    Funny story re the men in vans! I belonged to a ham radio club that occupied a terraced house in the city. We had several antennas up including one that looked remarkably like a TV antenna (but wasn't). Anyway, we got a TV license demand addressed to "the Occupier". We ignored it because we had no TV receivers on the premises (plenty of monitors though!). Some weeks later we got a second demand, which we also ignored! Then we got the first threatening letter - pay up or we'll fine you and confiscate your TV. So we wrote back stating that we have no TV equipment on the premises and that all transmitting / receiving equipment was covered by our two ham radio licences (which were issued by them!). This they duly ignored and sent a second threatening letter, this time threatening to inspect the property and seize any unlicensed equipment. So we wrote back saying that we would welcome an inspection and would they like to arrange a mutually convenient time! Silence! We waited two weeks and resent the letter. Silence! That was several years ago and we're still awaiting a reply! The firm concerned have since lost the contract.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    there are quite a few gals who should get fined for this occasionally.....

It is a criminal offence to not have a TV licence in the United Kingdom.
    If you make one you could be put in gaol. In the states there is no jail sentence for anything like this.

An alternative here to corporal punishment is watching cable television.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hey I guess you need to punt it and me to the lounge.... Lol I still haven't got the thread. Does one have to have a TV transmitter license to operate a TV in UK? So is it against the law to just occasionally glance at a TV? I could see if you were on the receiving end of a TV you might want a health license..... Somebody help......... Lol