Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "transformation" vs "comfort"

"transformation" vs "comfort"

I see a number of conversations here about 'pink fog', 'sexual dressing'. 'becoming a girl'..

As most of you probably know, that isn't how I think. I'm a girl in a male body, but I *like* my male body. I dress in girl clothes every day as part of my regular ambiguous image. My daily mode presents as androgynous on purpose. I'm not either/or, I'm both.

My wife is a guy in a girl's body (she loves/hates that body) but is starting to come to understand her male side better because of conversations that spawned from my girl exploration here. We are lucky on how we fit and compliment each other.

So, I have girl clothes of some type on 24/7. But when I come home, I swap my work clothes out for a skirt, cami, shirt and sandals. When my wife comes home she sheds the dressy work clothes and slips into comfy shorts and an old (old) t-shirt.

So, I wanted to find out how many of you dress to 'transform' into a girl, vs those who 'shed being a guy'.

For me, "The Skirt" brings me comfort. I shed my *Go*Go*Now*Push* feelings and get to feel like I can step back a bit.

What is your experience?

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I'm kinda in the middle of both and am a little confused. I know I started dressing to 'shed being a guy' but more and more I feel my girly side 'taking over' more and more and feeling less and less comfortable in my male clothes and body. I do like my male body but am unsure so yea...

Wow.. 55 views and no comments?
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Yeah, but only 34 members viewed, MM...

Tinkerbell just asked a similar question about 'shedding boy' - curious...

I don't shed my guy side - I might transform presentation-wise into girl, but boy me is still there, and - even more curiously - loving it!

The transformation is an expansion of me... it embraces both aspects, but because I can only present one physical aspect (I've never tried androgynous - don't think I could... hmmm) that's either boy or girl, but everything is there in the personality...

And being closeted - of course - the boy mode is the only shared aspect for me... other than with you delightful and lucky girls, of course...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Pretty much the same thing happens here,
    My everyday work clothes are not so great,
    come the end of the day, I like to change things up a bit and get more comfortable.
    the same thing goes for my wife, at the end of the day she also like to get out of
    her daily work clothes, and get into some comfy clothes.

Every person has clothes that they are most comfortable in.
    Mine just happen to be womens clothes.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Platinum Member
    I viewed and wasn't sure how to respond. The two choices didn't really represent opposites or alternatives....just a couple of complementary factors that may contribute to a choice.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

wearing work uniform all day.
    I'm more relaxed when feeling pretty, but still like doing manly stuff at home (although that also includes cooking, cleaning, laundry, fixing fence, mowing lawns).
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Platinum Member
    Hi MM, When I dress it's all the way .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Moose, your marital arrangement happens to be unique in the entire spectrum or variety of CDs out there. It not only appears to work very well for both of you but I venture to predict that your arrangement will last for many years to come. There are other wives who support their husbands' inclinations not only because they love them and want them to be happy (and a nicer person while dressed as well). A smaller number of supportive wives have another reason --- just as CDs usually have a feminine side that is stronger than the norm in the population there are many GGs who would have preferred to been born a male and now they are able to fit those feelings into their lives very well and everbody is happy. Yes, the majority of CDs wish to present as female as possible given height, weight and other pronounced characteristics that might make it more difficult while a minority don't care for wigs, makeup or shaven faces --- there is no "right" way only what makes you happy. My response may also explain why so many Members haven't answered as over the years there have been many threads on this subject without any conclusion other than there is no one right way to CD.
    Julie

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I dont dress to shed. I prefer to blend bits and pieces into everyday life and trying to find a gender neutral feeling. Sure at times its nice to be dressed pretty, but for me being casual and just living life is all that I am after.
    Erica

This is an interesting question, never really thought of in this manner. But I would have to say after pondering it, that it depends on the mood I'm in and if there are outside influences or my wife is involved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I "transform". It's sort of similar to the "rush" of drugs from the bad old days. When my hair goes on, Lynn arrives. It's quite a stunning transformation for me. The efforts and accouterments necessary to complete this transformation are not what I'd call comfortable or relaxing. More like "can't wait to get out of my heels, bra, and shaper" at the end of an evening out.

Probably shed, being a guy.
    When going out it is all woman for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am both and neither, so any "look" is fair game as far as I'm concerned.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I dress to feel at ease with myself. I much prefer to feel the softness of satin, silk and nylon on my body then to feel the "maleness" that I had to endure. Being permanently in girl mode has been a lifelong dream and may never become reality, but it has come a long way for me and it just may happen yet.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Banned Read only
    Hi MM,
    You've really posed one here ! Most times when I dress at home I don't do wig or makeup only lipstick, so have I shed guy mode ? I guess so, and have I transformed ? probably not. So how do I feel ? I'm feeling relaxed and enjoying the feel of the clothes I'm not bothered about the look. Maybe that's how a GG feels at the end of the day !

Interesting observation. I dress daily (usually skirt, heels, pantyhose, panties, top), but seldom wear a bra, makeup, jewelry or wig. I really enjoy getting fully dressed, but I'm happy just partially dressing most of the time.

About a year ago, I came to the realization that the women I work with dress the same as I do, except with of course a bra and panties instead of t shirt and boxers. Yet, they of course feel just as much a woman as ever. So I thought, if it works for them, why not me? During most of the day, there isn't a whole lot of time spent focusing on how my underwear feels, especially if it fits right so it's comfortable, it's virtually unnoticeable. But over time, it still didn't feel 'right'; and it took me a while to figure out why. In part of my mind, I'm 'stuck' as a 14 y/o girl, not as an adult woman. The clothes a teen girl wears are quite different from what a much older woman does, and the visual and tactile feedback are different as well. So there is no transformation; it only well, just feels right.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    There is "comfort' in the "transformation".
    Have to "shed" being a guy to be the girl in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    ......So, I wanted to find out how many of you dress to 'transform' into a girl, vs those who 'shed being a guy'.

For me, "The Skirt" brings me comfort. I shed my *Go*Go*Now*Push* feelings and get to feel like I can step back a bit.

What is your experience? - MM
    Later you posted, 55 views and no comments. Interesting. Maybe it is just too thoughtful for this site.

For me it starts out just being comfort -- black slip and ballet shoes. Then I am comfortable and in fem mode. That's wonderful for me. If it starts to go predator or envy, I am away from my "middle ground" and the computer gets turned off.

I like the girl talk and the girl feel of being a CD on this site. It makes me happy.

Thanks for the question.
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 03-26-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Banned Read only
    Shedding to me seems impossible. I think we are all both somewhat male and somewhat female. My maleness will always be there. I crossdress to explore the limits of enhancing the female aspects of my being. I haven't found those limits. But my maleness shrinks to the background when I enhance and adorn my femaleness.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Gaum View Post
    Moose, your marital arrangement happens to be unique in the entire spectrum or variety of CDs out there. It not only appears to work very well for both of you but I venture to predict that your arrangement will last for many years to come.
    It does work well, but if what you say is true, it also makes me sad. I was hoping that we were not THAT unique. Rare? Sure. But unique?

- MM

In her opening post Mechamoose said, "My wife is a guy in a girl's body (she loves/hates that body)".

My wife is in a similar position, she's just not interested in girly stuff. She is quite comfortable being as boyish as she wants to be, but not at all tolerant of me being girly to the same degree as she is boyish.
    Yesterday she made a passing reference to the black crate where I keep my things, she qualified it saying "the one with all your STUFF", but the delivery of those few words was almost venomous, in an otherwise quite rational conversation about things in our rumpus room.

The only way I can reconcile her differing standards is that society allows her to go about as a tomboy, but not allow me the same freedom to express myself.
    Such is life...

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit

I Prefer Feeling Myself vs Comfort

For me I dress to be both sides of myself. So I'm not shedding my being a guy. He is still here and an important part of myself. But I can't pick transform into a girl either. Because I'm not just a girl. I don't say androgynous because I'm not hiding my sex. I like breasts. I like the feeling of wearing a bra, feeling feminine, even though it can feel uncomfortable at the end of the day.

So for me it's like trying to be both female and male at the same time. They, the guy and gal who are me me, can conflict in some ways. But that's true in history as well. Some days I do fell more feminine. While other days I do feel more masculine. But I will say I lean more feminine than masculine and prefer feminine over the masculine. And I prefer feeling myself vs comfort.

I hope this makes some sense.
    Last edited by sanderlay; 03-26-2014 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelling
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sanderlay View Post
    So for me it's like trying to be both female and male at the same time. They, the guy and gal who are me me, can conflict in some ways. But that's true in history as well. Some days I do fell more feminine. While other days I do feel more masculine. But I will say I lean more feminine than masculine and prefer feminine over the masculine. And I prefer feeling myself vs comfort.

I hope this makes some sense.
    That is more or less EXACTLY what I feel.

PM me, sweetie..

- MM