Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purse Or Pocket

Aspiring Member

Purse Or Pocket

For just casual going out I prefer to wear a skirt or pants with pockets.

I keep my small wallet with ID, credit cards and so forth along with my money clip in one pocket and in the other my keys and cell phone.

Possibly some lipstick too. wrapped in a small plastic bag!

That way I don't have to fool with a purse or if it is a hand bag worry about having to put it somewhere or forgetting it.

I think I prefer some bulging pockets to hauling around a purse.

What are your thoughts on this?

Banned Read only
    Here's what I know: neither my wife nor my two daughters put anything in their pants pockets, ever. Pockets on women's pants are for show, not function.

I am just the opposite and like and use purses because normally those cute skirt and dress pockets seem more for show than actual utilitarian use. They are usually too shallow for my tastes and I constantly would worry about sitting down and having important items drop out of them. I also do not like that bulky pocket look because it looks so out of place (sloppy) with the rest of the good fit of the outfit. I use a purse to carry what I need and it works great for me. Plus, I can vary the size, color and material to better match my different outfits.

Aspiring Member
    Points well made!

I'm a pockets person myself, Martha and a little purse that fits in one is the ticket for me. I have had several skirts and skirt-suits made, all of which have nice big slash pockets in the skirt for my big hands. The skirt designs are invariably generous A-line, flared, pleated or godet, allowing easy access for hands.

However, Ladies all carry a bag of some sort and I suppose just to look more 'normal' I'd bring one along, even if it had nothing in it!

M.

This is one thing I do on a daily basis no matter how I am dressed. A small "wallet on a string" type purse.

Purse or clutch, as I think Jennifer's comment is spot-on. No GG I know uses pants pockets for anything, even when wearing jeans (although, my GF will put things in her coat pockets....).

And Maryesther: The image of walking around with a completely empty purse/bag made me chuckle! Not entirely sure why, but it did!
    Barbie dolls and Tonka trucks....

Definitely a purse. Lumpy pockets ruin the look of a nice pair of pants. Pockets in skirts are just for decoration.

Hello Martha,
    this one always confuses me as we call a purse a small thing to keep money in that go's inside of a bag , I use a shoulder bag all the time so that it is hands free the only thing I will keep in a pocket is my keys as they would be the most inconvenient things to lose .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I personally hate stuffing things in my pockets. With male jeans it is possible to do it as those pockets tend to be huge. Any of my female items, if they have pockets at all, they are teeny tiny and it really is not possible to put much of anything in there. And besides I am trying to minimize any potential bulges down there, why would I add to the problem?

Pockets are such a male thing. I remember stuffing mine silly with all kinds of stuff for years (keys, lighter, cigs, wallet, tissues, maps, etc, etc.).

Having transitioned, everything goes in a handbag (purse) and the only exception to the rule is perhaps keeping a house key and emergency money in a pocket of jeans - if they have pockets - and then only if I'm out somewhere where there's a risk of my handbag being stolen. As has already been said, pockets are for show on women.

I prefer a purse, though I dont have may that work with the outfits that I own. I keep having GGs at work ask me if I have a fingernail file and other girly things with me and my response is always the same. Not until I can carry around a purse! They just laugh and say...well get on that already! They all know about me. I just simply refuse to bring a purse with me in guy mode since Im not dressing at work yet. Im waiting until I am on hormones for a while before I start that.
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

If it's with me it's in my purse! NO exceptions!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Purse of course

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do carry a purse with me but sometimes if I go in a store I just carry my femme wallet.
    I find it funny my BFF does the same thing.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Anybody remember the concept in the military of not breaking starch? Maybe it was just an Airborne thing. I carry a makeup touch up kit with me that's not going to fit into any pocket even if my enfemme wardrobe had any! A purse is perfect for everything a lady may need when out and about.

A purse for me. A girl must accessorize! Plus I feel I can always stuff my pockets when in male mode.

i prefer a purse, but I have also found a particularly useful phone case. I have an I-phone and my case has a slot in the back where I can put my driver's license and 2 credit cards. That way, my phone, Id and credit cards are all together and safe. And these cases come in some wonderful colors, including pink and lavender

Your Purse - Never leave home without it ....especially if you want to blend. Seriously look around next time you are in public and count the number of GGs who do not carry a purse.

This comes up every couple of months. To those who have never actually seen a live woman- Women don't carry anything in their pockets! The only exception is teenagers with a cell phone.

Reality Check
    A woman would carry a purse. What look are you going for?

Well I have a very small purse just for my makeup..... Though my wife carries a purse that weighs a ton that should have wheels so she can drag it around. It's no wonder women get back aches. I'm not out but she sometimes says grab my purse for me especially if we are in the jeep and she has it in the back seat. I usually respond with when are we going to buy a trailer, she answers what for? I say to carry your dang purse around on. I'd put a winch on the trailer..... She has every thing in it that she could possibly need. I've seen lots of real women carry big purses. The younger gals I've noticed carry maybe a drivers license, and cell phone in their tight jeans hip pocket.

My wife would give me some grief over the habit of putting my wallet in my back pocket. Her: "It puts this big lump in the middle of something nice to look at!"

Since swapping over to girl jeans though.. wow.. what a difference. The pockets are SO SMALL. I can't even really keep my keys in my pockets. I keep my wallet in my coat now anyway, trusting my wife's assessment that I have a nice ass.

I haven't picked up a purse or bag yet. I get away with stocking a lot of stuff in my work backpack.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Money clip???? Screams "I'm a guy", in my humble opinion. Jennifer and others are spot on. Girls/women don't put things in their pockets. The ONLY exceptions I've noticed are: Jeans - cell phone in back pocket when not glued to the ear; when clubbing, ID and credit card in other back pocket. Beyond that, purse, clutch, wrist purse, shoulder bag, or coat pockets OR, wait for it . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . boy friend's or husband's pockets -- are the only choices.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

When I'm out in femme, nothing goes in the pockets. Besides, I love carrying a purse. Just sayin'
    Stephanie