Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first outing ever... "The Bouncing Bomb"

Red face My first outing ever... "The Bouncing Bomb"

I went out to "The Bouncing Bomb" pub in Oakville for the first time ever in my life (!) for their last event on march 22nd. I'm not counting one previous outing to Rocky Horror Picture Show with my wife where there was "plausible deniability" so I wasn't really out of the closet :-) It was weird (in a good way) and overwhelming being out like that for the first time, knowing that everyone would know exactly what I am and I couldn't turn it into a joke or a lost bet or some other remotely plausible excuse, seeing many friendly people just like me and not ashamed.

I was very excited and scared as hell and on the verge of anxiety attack. I only went through it because I decided that I will and I wouldn't respect myself if I had chickened out. Well, that and couple of pints of good local beer helped calm the nerves.

I also had to change and apply makeup in the car, which didn't help to calm me down. So the thrill was there on many levels, but I think it's a part of what makes it exciting. I was scared to go but just couldn't miss such an opportunity, I knew I would regret it very much if I wouldn't go...

It was weird and wonderful. I got myself quite a few compliments on my dress, boots and general appearance, which I liked. I'm not good at mingling, especially in these circumstances, so I barely remember anyone I met and forgot all the names in all the excitement, and I could only initialize a conversation a couple of times, but others were very friendly and introduced themselves to me.

I'm pretty sure I will go there again next time I can...

I also had to pick a name for me "en femme" in a hurry :-) So I picked a first name that I liked that none of our friends and family had. So Julie it is :-) No I have to rename my username in this forum somehow... I think only admin can do that...

Julie. Or should it be Julia?
    Last edited by Julie Almoni; 03-28-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Banned Read only
    Well Julie, congratulations. Seems like climbing Everest when you start out the door, eh? What will be most striking in the future is how you forget you are even dressed. Take care,

Glad you had a good time! I haven't made it to "Gurls night Out" yet, but hope to someday.
    I have met (other places), many of the people that attend, and they are great people!

Crossdresser
    Congratulations on making it through with your planned outing. That self-doubt is overwhelming and can paralyze you, but once you get out and see how normal things can be you will want to do it more and more. Have fun.

It's my fantasy to go to a club. Once there, I would ONLY be identified as a woman. A guy would ask me to dance and I would refuse. I would observe his roving eye. I would walk around, catching the glances of both men and women as they saw me as a sexy woman. I would converse and have a great time as Christina. The ultimate approval of my female existence.

You, on the other hand, have experienced that and have my absolute admiration for both your bravery and perseverance. Congrats, and good luck in the future.

Julie, I also congratulate you on your first excursion out by yourself. Know the feeling well, but now you've done it and realize it is easy and fun.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Congrats Julie.

Sounds like a great night. Congrats

Julie, congratulations on getting out the door and having such a good time on your first outing!

Regarding your name, now is the time to consider carefully. Julie might be "you." but you have a great opportunity to think about it before you you become known to too many people by your femme name.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Congrats! A new door opens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Fantastic and exciting. I like Julie, but they are both nice.
    Sara

Thank you all for your kind words. Can't wait for the next time...

Glad you had a great time Julie!
    I was there too!
    If I recall right you were the one in the black dress at the end of the bar closest to the door.
    You did look fantastic!

Hope to go again myself sometime soon,
    and hope to see you there too!

Natasha
    HUGS

Congrats on your outing! It sounds like a lot of fun and a big step for you! Pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by heellover View Post
    Glad you had a great time Julie!
    I was there too!
    If I recall right you were the one in the black dress at the end of the bar closest to the door.
    You did look fantastic!
    Thanks, yes, that was me. I hope to go there again soon, probably in May.

Congratulations Julie. I'm so glad for you. Hope you are able to go out again soon.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    sounds like somebody had fun!!!!!!! good for you!!!!

Julie
    Way to go! It only gets better!

Hugs
    Suzanne

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    Congratulations Julie! thats a big step, but doesnt end up being half as scary as we think it will.

Hugs

Isn't getting out and about great?
    I don't know where you are in relation to Oakville, but in Cambridge we have a monthly get together that is just getting going and needs support. So far it's only TS girls, but open to anyone. It's in a nice safe LBGT bar, and a great place to sit and discuss issues of interest to all.
    If this is any interest P.M. me, and check out their website info@sizzle.com-Cheers

As a member of the Stay At Home Club, I want to thank you for the great trip report.

Best wishes
    MsVal

I like Julie,
    Julia sounds a bit informal.
    I would also pick a family name as well.
    Good to see you get out and all those at "the stay at home club"..
    Give it a try if you can.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You have more bravery than i do. I think myself right out of going to a club, each time so far, but, I really do not like bars, because of the alcohol, and people intoxicated, and raw noise. i want to do it at least just once, though, to get the monkey off my back. Great first time for you! That took overcoming a lot of fears.

That sounds amazing. How on earth did you pluck up enough courage to walk into the bar. I could not see myself ever having that kind of evening!

Platinum Member
    Hi Julie, You are out there now there's no turning back.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!