Thread: Your "Identity" at a Costco, BJs, or other membership store.

Question Your "Identity" at a Costco, BJs, or other membership store.

I do a significant amount of my everyday shopping en femme. I want to go to my membership box store (Costco) as Rhonda.

Do any of you have experience and/or advice for CDs who shop in femme mode, yet have all ID, including the club membership photo ID card, in their male identity? I know that I need only flash my membership card to get in. The real member identity check occurs at checkout. They check that the photo (such as it is) appears to match the person presenting the card. Often they also check that the name on the credit card used matches the member's name.

Anyone know if any of those stores have a protocol for handling the CD/TG/TS patron? Need advice.

Thanks and best regards,

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I do not have such experience specifically, but I bet that as long as you don't confuse matters with an alternate ID you won't have any problem. That's assuming you don't mind them knowing you're a CDer. I've never had a problem using my guy credit card en femme, even when I have to show my drivers license.

I don't really have any but they would be in my male ID if I did.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 03-29-2014 at 09:11 PM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

They do not look or comment on card or my appearance

Gold Member
    I go to Costco all the time and hand them my debit card and Costco card with "his" name on it. It has never been an issue.

They have 'you scan it' counters at my BJs, so nobody actually looks at the card at those.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Normally Costco would just accept my male id but occasioanlly I had to convince them that I was the person pictured on the id. It only happened maybe two or three times but it bugged me so... I went to the customer service counter and asked them if I could have a second id with the picture of how I looked then, as I was en femme. The SA said sure, no problem. I felt weird so I explained that some associates were confused with my appearance not matching my card. She said, yeah its no problem at all and took my photo and gave me a 2nd id. Now I have one that matches each side of me and I absolutely love that btw.

Thanks to all who answered and offered advice. Being the kind of chick that I am, shortly after my OP, I "took the bull by the tail and faced the situation" and grabbed my purse and headed to Costco. I had on blue jeans, multi-colored flats over dark knee-highs, a Squeem waist/torso compression binder, forms and a t-shirt bra, a white cami, and a white cotton scoop neck 3/4 sleeve top. Not a bit overdressed for Costco.

I went, I saw, I conquered. I spent about an hour and a half in a very crowded and slow moving store. Nothing but smiles from other women, no strange looks from anyone, and some friendly conversation from the SA as she was ringing me up. Couldn't have gone better. I later realized I should have taken some selfies, but the event turned out to be so normal and unremarkable that it never occurred to me.

NADINE: I LOVE your idea of having them make a second card for your femme self. I will definitely look into that. So cool! If only they'd do that with driver's licenses . . . . . .

Rhonda
    Last edited by Rhonda Darling; 03-30-2014 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Typos
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Mine is the other way round I have Loyalty Cards for Bras and Us and Victoria's secret.
    I always get a laugh out of them when I get a discount voucher.
    Yep! I will buy myself something cute with the voucher.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.