Thread: My adventure while visiting my mom

My adventure while visiting my mom

So on Friday eve, I decided to go visit my mom, who lives about three hours away. I do enjoy visiting my mom because she and my step dad are very supportive and I know when I visit I am allowed to be Billie. So I got myself fully dressed with a wig and makeup and drove up to my moms. Along the way I did have to stop to get gas of course I did have to stop to get gas, it was a little nerve wrecking because this was the third time out in public, but far from the comfort of just walking around my apartment and there were a lot of people too. Interestingly enough no said a thing to me nor gave me any wired looks. A couple of people did look at me and smile. I got back in my car and continued to drive, of course I did stop through a drive thru to get some food. The tricy part was that I spoke in my guy voice (still need to begin working on my voice; I still very uncomfortable using it and it sounds fake still). When I got to the window, I can tell the person was thrown for a loop, but did not give me any wired looks nor make any comments.

When I got to my moms, I found out that my younger brother was visiting. Even though my brother knows, since my mom said something to him. While my mom did say he was supportive, I haven't talked to him, except through txt here and there. So I wasn't really sure of how he would react seeing me dressed. So I was a little relieved to know he was asleep already.

When I woke up in the morning my brother had left to take care of something for a few hours. But I got up and got dressed, put on my wig, and some makeup. And hung out at the house watching movies. At some point my brother finally came back when I was watching a movie and acted as if it was normal seeing me as a girl. We even had a normal conversation and things have been quite enjoyable so far.

Junior Member lynn.crossdresser's Avatar
    I'm very pleased it all turned out well for you. Best wishes Lynn

Sounds pretty positive so far but at some point ask him how he is with it. He might actually be uncomfortable and if he is being supportive then you can be too by letting him talk about it.

Sounds like you have a great supportive family!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Hi Billie,
    Sounds like your adventure went really well!! It is so good when family understands!!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Billie,

I am glad to hear you have a supportive family and things are going good for you as I do recall you got off to a rocky start when you showed up here. You confidence and happiness has certainly bloomed before our eyes.

Hugs

Isha

Well it looks like you are getting used to a new normal.
    Great!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

More progress, Billie Jo - definitely seems like your new normal is developing the right way for you...

The moral seems to be: Just do what you do normally, and everyone else will treat it as normal...

I hope things stay enjoyable..

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I am so glad to hear that you have an accepting & supportive family. What a blessing you have when your immediate love ones love you unconditionally. Billie , if I can offer any advise, please live in & experience more of those family moments. You will appreciate them more when family is alive . Peace, mel

rock on GF! enjoy your time with your family
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Billiejosehine View Post
    So on Friday eve, I decided to go visit my mom, who lives about three hours away. I do enjoy visiting my mom because she and my step dad are very supportive and I know when I visit I am allowed to be Billie. So I got myself fully dressed with a wig and makeup and drove up to my moms. Along the way I did have to stop to get gas of course I did have to stop to get gas, it was a little nerve wrecking because this was the third time out in public, but far from the comfort of just walking around my apartment and there were a lot of people too. Interestingly enough no said a thing to me nor gave me any wired looks. A couple of people did look at me and smile. I got back in my car and continued to drive, of course I did stop through a drive thru to get some food. The tricy part was that I spoke in my guy voice (still need to begin working on my voice; I still very uncomfortable using it and it sounds fake still). When I got to the window, I can tell the person was thrown for a loop, but did not give me any wired looks nor make any comments.

When I got to my moms, I found out that my younger brother was visiting. Even though my brother knows, since my mom said something to him. While my mom did say he was supportive, I haven't talked to him, except through txt here and there. So I wasn't really sure of how he would react seeing me dressed. So I was a little relieved to know he was asleep already.

When I woke up in the morning my brother had left to take care of something for a few hours. But I got up and got dressed, put on my wig, and some makeup. And hung out at the house watching movies. At some point my brother finally came back when I was watching a movie and acted as if it was normal seeing me as a girl. We even had a normal conversation and things have been quite enjoyable so far.
    Not so sure my brother would be as supportive…its really nice that your family is supportive...