Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breast Augmentation

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    http://www.secondtype.info/

This is a great resource I found years ago. Never knew there was so much to breast augmentation. Lost to consider so do plenty of research.

Thanks. Links are appreciated. Always expands the learning.

2 wpmen acquaintance had augmentation mammoplasty around the time two others had reductions- all 4 are NOT drug seekers, but the vicodin they were given was inadequate for pain control and they hurt for 2-3 weeks. I was surprised their surgeons did not give them something stronger-I did. I think surgeons who have not had surgery themselves under estimate others pain.

Hey there!
    First let me say I know exactly what you are going through because I experienced the same thing! Being turned away for whatever reason is very frustrating. I had breast augmentation about a year ago now. When I started looking for surgeons, I emailed every clinic I could find about my situation and asking if they would work with me. While I did get turned away by most because they do not do MtF surgery, I did find ten that would work with me. Three of these ten were in my area (Colorado) so I setup consultations with all three of them. One in seemed similar to what you described. the whole thing just felt shady. The other two were both great. One in particular stood out just because of how supportive they seemed about my situation. I also have no intention of transitioning full time. I did wear breast forms all the time for over a year and had a therapist that I saw regularly. I decided to go with 450 cc silicon implants under the muscle. My surgeon liked silicon a lot more than saline so that is what she suggested from the start. I am happy with them and I would opt for the same thing if I could go back and do it again. As far as recovery I know everyones experience was different but I never felt any pain after one month. The first week was painful, the next three felt more awkward and uncomfortable and after a month they started feeling more normal. It did take 6 months before they really completely healed and the muscle softened up around them. As far as ultimate life impact, I think its only as big of deal as you make it. Initially after my surgery I dressed fem a lot but eventually it started fading. I still do on a lot but I still wear male cloths a lot too. There are things that can be very awkward, like going to a barber shop for the first time and taking off your jacket before you get in the chair. It was the same way when I saw my dentist for the first time. If you wear forms and bra then you have likely already experienced this but it is noteworthy. At this point they are just part of me and I don't even notice them for the most part (until I run up or down stairs haha). My advice to you is if you really want to do it just keep talking to surgeons until you find one you like. It is well worth your time to find a good surgeon, I am happy I did the research I did! Best of luck to you, I hope you find what you are looking for!

I have a number of transgender friends that had boob jobs.
    Me, I would rather do hormones (HRT) than get surgically implanted silicone implants, but that's just me. You should do what you need to do.

Hmm. I think fat transfer is better than breast implant.