Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breast Augmentation

Breast Augmentation

I have an appointment at a cosmetic surgeon for a breast implant on Tuesday. Are there any other girls out there that have had it done? How did it go for you? What, if any, kinds of problems you had? I am not on HRT, nor plan to start them in the future. Also, should I be dressed as a CD or can I go in guy mode? I am almost 60 and don't have the time left. or money for a total transition. There is only one surgeon here in Minnesota that would set up a consultation, so don't want to blow it.

If this a consult, rather than the procedure, be sure to discuss "fat transfer" with the doctor.

This will take fat tissue from places you don't want it and put it where you do. (breasts, hips and buttocks). Since this is your own natural tissue, there is very little chance of complication from the process. It takes more time as the fat tissue is cleaned of blood and protein components before being placed.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Josephine,
    If some who want to transition do not appear at their therapist dressed, it is considered that there is not enough commitment to do so.
    You have said that only one surgeon was willing to set up an appointment, he may have doubts about your commitment also.

I would think very hard about what you expect, from a medical and surgical viewpoint, do you smoke or drink, are you overweight and he will probably want a psychological opinion for why you want implants.

Apart from what I have said I have no opinion on what you do other than the known dangers of any implants.

Think of girls who wear silicone boobs in their bra and how long they last with the rough treatment they really get.
    I have a pair of saline implants and I insert them inside my bra, they were rejects because the sterile packaging failed and they were going to be binned.
    They are sturdy and could still burst if I landed on my chest.

So make a wise decision after consultation with your surgeon.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    If you are going in-person then you will be given "sizers" to try to see what size of implant you like best. You should bring along a tight sports bra (to mimic the effect of the implant being constrained by skin or muscle) and you should bring along a couple of female tops, including a tight T-shirt and something representative of what you will be commonly wearing. If you have forms and want to use them to illustrate how you would like your augmentation to look, bring them along. You can also bring along pictures from magazines or on-line of woman who have the look you want.

For my purposes, I will (when I consult in time) also bring along a couple of pictures of how I do not want to look. (For example I do not want the "UFO saucer" look)

Josephine,

I have had one consultation before for breast augmentation and it went fairly well, I dressed how I felt. I have no plans of doing HRT in the near future but if I do, I can always get the implants removed to start HRT. The only downside was that in order for me to get the BA done with the plastic surgeon I went to, I will need to have a evaluation done before taking the next step. The one I have been too said that they could do the surgery only if I was in the right state of mind.

Josephine, Please keep us in the know. I keep thinking about having this done..

I am almost 60 now, and i think i know what i want more than anything, and that is to present as a female, which is now over half the time. I always wear my forms and a sports bra, panties, etc. even in male mode. I am 5'8 and weigh 130 lbs., so don't know if the fat transfer thing would work for me. I realize there is some risks involved, but just don't care anymore, as i want these implants more than anything in this world.

I will definitely go to the appointment dressed up, so that is settled. Now its just a matter of getting it done without therapy, etc. I have been to a couple of theripists, and they both said there is nothing wrong with me, that only other people have a problem with being open minded. I really appreciate any and all advice on what to say, do, etc., at the consultation.
    Last edited by Katey888; 03-30-2014 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit to add to existing post rather than post again..

Warning signs going up, claxons and sirens going off! Going to the only surgeon who would see you is definitely not a good sign.
    Ask to see catalogs of his previous work, especially with MTF TS, not just women. Some implants are much more realistic than others, so unless you want to look like a stripper with giant fake breasts, you are going to have to be very, very careful. Just because a procedure CAN be done, doesn't mean it SHOULD be done.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I will have a ton of questions for the surgeon, and if he has done MTF before is on my list. I have seen him answer questions on other websites about
    MTF procedures, so i am thinking i would not be his first. I do have some photo's to take with of other MTF's that have had it done. I have researched a lot in the last few months, and have heard that going to a DD size is looking for trouble. I am shooting for a C cup, and do not want anything done that would make it look like a baseball in my chest, LOL.
    Josephine

There is always the possibility of the implants rupturing. That being the case, you should consider "what if" possibilities. Also any time they cut your skin. it's invasive surgery with the possibility of infection. Other than that enjoy your new implants Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Thank you for the words of wisdom Kate. I am expecting to be in pain for a week, black and blue for a month, and taking antibiotics hopefully. I think i know better than to carry 100 pounds of weight against them . hopefully, i will not have any complications, but if i do, at least i will be semi happy when I die. Forgot to mention that the reason i was denied by other surgeons was because they had no experience doing it. I did have one rejection from the surgeons at the University of Minnesota. They only do it for Transsexuals that were doing SRS.
    Josephine

There is at least one very experienced surgeon in Minneapolis who does MTF. I suggest you look on realself.com as the one I am referring to answers a lot of questions there.

Thank you so much Sandra!! The clinic and the doctors look exceptional. I will be calling there tomorrow for a consultation. It never hurts to get a second opinion anyway.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I researched fat transfer in my area and I got rejection after rejection.
    One would do it with stipulations one being paid the 10 grand right up front.
    Not one I was willing to do so I walked out.

The doctors I was thinking of in Minneapolis are at "Minneapolis Plastic Surgery". They handle a number of MTF implant cases every year, and their answers to questions on realself.com are invariably helpful. In one posting they wrote,

Since my practice is entirely cosmetic (elective, not insurance-reimbursible) in nature, I do not require letters of referral/approval, but do generally follow WPATH guidelines as a minimum standard in my own patient assessments.
    (I cannot provide direct links here as both realself.com and the mpsmn.com site have bare breasts pictures.)

I have considered going down to consult at that clinic; they are the closest clinic to me of any reputation that does MTF augmentation. Unfortunately "closest" is relative: 450 miles and the only scheduled cross-border transit in this part of Canada is flights; I am not keen on the idea of flying soon after getting implants. (If I go 750 miles west of me instead, I can stay in-country and travel by train or even bus; or if I go 1000 miles east then I would fly but I could stay with someone in that city.)

Hi,

As youv not said what size your breasts are and for a male the skin is not like ours softer and will streach plus meds gives your body a better chance to devllope far better about two years for growth, , your breast tissue is basicaly a non event your skin will be pulling against you very hard as theres not going to be much movement so your are are going to pull

Being on meds would be far wiser to do first before any surgery, healing is another matter youll be on drips for a few days to allow for blood excess and tissue movement.

The bigger the size of implants will allso need to be looked at too big and dont look right or movement will / can happen, done under the the museles is best long term, top side can head south,

You ...wont.... and .... trust.... me on this dont even ....think.... to lift your arms up you wont above your shoulders, ..... pain gloreous pain..... youll learn real quick.

Now after effects could be years, if you hurt your self youll pay for it , no matter how good the surgery is or Dr, you may find you have a dull pain for some time after, try 6 years, out of 7. more so when try to take a door on dont bother tis not worth it, he he .....

Hows your healing prosess quick or longer , and after its gently bently for a good while, like a car run em in slowly .

Happy times ahead no dought,

You have ,

D,O,Smith 6545 France Ave South Suite505 Edna MIN 55436,

R W Bashioum, 445 Lake St East Suite210 Wayzata MIN 55391.

S Economou ,3300 Edinborough Way Suite 505. 55435

And theres 4 more one woman as well. hope that helps,

Love Your Look ,com

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 03-31-2014 at 07:10 AM.

My surgeon already has my deposit, but since my Dr. has said my breasts are in a growth phase right now, I should wait.
    Before HRT, I considered getting a BA. Every Dr. I spoke to had no problem with it, but granted, I already presented female, so to them it didn't seem like any kind of conflict. I'm CERTAIN that if I had gone to consults in guy mode, or even mentioned 'part time', I would have been turned down.
    The subject of fat transfer comes up a lot, because it sounds so revolutionary. It's also impossible to find a reputable Dr. doing it in reputable clinics in N. America. It's expensive, temporary, and only done in third world clinics. If you find a U.S. Dr. doing it, you will have to sign a waiver as 'experimental procedure' and will have no legal recourse. Fat transfer BA's are not approved by medical boards YET. Give them time. Also, traditional BA's cost 6-10 thousand and last ten years. Fat transfer is 10k and last only12-18 months.
    Please note: My info on fat transfer was given to me by Doctors who do TRADITIONAL BA's, so may be skewed towards their practice.

My consult did not go so well. He wants a letter from the U of M stating that i can proceed with the surgery. I was not impressed with his office or surgery room. It did not look clean or sanitary at all. He also acted like he might have been sued by someone for malpractice, as he brought it up a couple of times that someone had been sued after a suicide. I have been checking other surgeons, and will be calling the Minneapolis Plastic Surgery center on Monday. They do not require a letter, but bases his patients on the WPATH standards. Can someone tell me what they are? By the way, I do present as a female full time, so that should not be an issue. I feel as though I am being discriminated against because i am not transitioning, even though I know they have to cover their a--. As the Dr. from the one i mentioned above says that because it is not covered by insurance, and elective, there should not be an issue, as long as the patient meets WPATH standards.

Josephine

WPATH is the World Professional Association on Transgender Health, and the standards of care are at
    http://www.wpath.org/site_page.cfm?p...n_webpage=3926 or directly http://www.wpath.org/uploaded_files/...0V7.pdf‎

Everything in WPATH is a "guideline", but some states treat everything there as a Rule.

As the second place does not require a letter, it is not certain at the moment what he will ask for. My speculation is that he might want you to at least have had some therapy sessions.

My thought is that you should (try to) be relaxed: that considering you are presenting full time, an calm assurance from you that you have considered the potential consequences should go a fair ways. Giving the impression you are there to get implants for sexual thrills would very likely work against you.

The better medical professionals understand that "transitioning" has many forms, and that bottom surgery is not a requirement. You are living as your actual gender, and that is the core of "transition". It seems to me that you should not be thinking that you are not going to transition: you should instead be thinking that this is the form your transition has taken.

Unless, that is, you identify as male but wish to live as female; the reason for such a situation would not be obvious to me (though I can understand situations where someone identifies as partly female.)

Sandra, Thank you so very much for your insight, it is invaluable to me. I know that this line fits me to a tee.
    "You are living as your actual gender, and that is the core of "transition". It seems to me that you should not be thinking that you are not going to transition: you should instead be thinking that this is the form your transition has taken."
    I am truly in transition to being the real me. BA will help me feel more like the real woman that I am inside. As far as sex is concerned, I have a female girlfriend, so sex is not the reason for the BA. She wants to go with me to the next consult, what do you think?

Myself I would be pleased to have my SO want to go with me, provided that it was from an attitude of assistance and not an attitude of constraining you.

Cocoa butter moisturizers! Start now, and continue after operation. This will increase your skin's elasticity, and it is proven to prevent/alleviate scarring and/or stretch marks. Even existing stretch marks can be effectively mitigated (though not 100%) with cocoa butter/aloe lotions. By making the skin more elastic, the breasts will come to have a natural look and feel when fully healed, post-operation. Instead of skin pulled tight over two "baseballs" as you put it LOL.
    Also, the healing process is known to be somewhat aided with aloe and cocoa butter. (Aloe, more so than the cocoa butter). Ask you doctor about this, I'm certain there are going to be similar products prescribed as part of the whole process. But information is always worth its weight, here...
    Last edited by Nikki50/50; 04-07-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jo, That sounds like something that could really change your life, I hope everything works out for you.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Josephine View Post
    My consult did not go so well. He wants a letter from the U of M stating that i can proceed with the surgery. I was not impressed with his office or surgery room. It did not look clean or sanitary at all.
    Actually, this consult went very well. You clearly determined that this is not the doctor for you and you acquired more information to help you along your path. Don't consider this a setback, just another step along the journey.

The fact that you are unaware of WPATH standards might indicate that you need to pause and do some more research before proceeding with medical procedures. Be sure that your long-term goals are realistic.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Nikki, thank you for the advice about the aloe and coco butter, I think it sounds like a great idea. According to both Dr.'s websites, they do recommend massage with some type of lotion they will furnish also.
    Erin, you are totally correct about my first consult, at least now I know who I Won't be going to, and what to look out for.
    I have contacted 2 other surgeons in the area, and have consults with both next week. They both say they need no letter, and I am impressed by the 5 out of 5 star ratings they are both getting. Both also have extensive experience with MTF implants also. The cost ranges from 5,000 to 6,000 for saline, or 6 to 7 for silicone. I have enough set aside so it won't cause any kind of problems financially. I am still trying to decide whether to go with the silicone or saline, but I have heard the silicone ones are more lifelike, feel more like real breasts, and will not leak out the way saline could. Anyone have preferences or experiences with either one?
    I absolutely love you girls for the advice and caring you are expressing to me!