Thread: Try to look on the bright side...

Banned Read only

Try to look on the bright side...

This is mostly directed at those members who say they would love to quit. If you were NOT a CDer, isn't it likely you would be heavier? Possibly much heavier? The US is the "fattest" country on the planet by far. Not a very nice claim to fame. Or maybe the stress of being a 'tormented" or reluctant CDer causes you to eat more not less?

Wild , good point . If I wasn't always working on achieving a girlish figure , I'd probably look like a Goodyear blimp. Much peace , mel

Banned Read only
    Based on my observations of the current state of women being overweight and obese, would that be motivation to not be a woman? There's enough chunkiness to go around for everyone. In my extended family the men are in a lot better shape (BMI) than their wives. Recently my wife showed me a picture of her cousins' annual get together-pitiful, pitiful, pitiful.

I don't think it's wise for a cross dresser to "force" his physic into a shape his genetics preclude. When "we" achieve a satisfactory body mass index, aren't there many here you then pad themselves in the hips, butts and breasts. Nobody likes a skinny A cup woman?

Very, very sad state of affairs, in this greatest of nations. The scenery is blighted by epidenic obesith. Too mush sitting down, too little movement, too much eating junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Based on my observations of the current state of women being overweight and obese, would that be motivation to not be a woman? There's enough chunkiness to go around for everyone. In my extended family the men are in a lot better shape (BMI) than their wives. Recently my wife showed me a picture of her cousins' annual get together-pitiful, pitiful, pitiful.

I don't think it's wise for a cross dresser to "force" his physic into a shape his genetics preclude. When "we" achieve a satisfactory body mass index, aren't there many here you then pad themselves in the hips, butts and breasts. Nobody likes a skinny A cup woman?
    I don't think it's fair to single out women as being the prime contributors to the epidemic of obesity in the Western world these days. The male segment of the population, which spends much of its time either parked on a couch while playing video games or else in front of the boob tube watching sports while inhaling copious quantities of beer, pizzza, and Buffalo wings also does its share to add to this scourge.

It always amazes me when I see pictures or newsreels from WWII showing soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen etc. (sometimes with their shirts off, as in, say, the North African campaigns) and how thin and fit they all were at the time. Compare those men to their "chunky" counterparts today from the Afghan or Iraq campaigns. Same for cops, actually.They are far bulkier than their predecessors, and it ain't all muscles.

I'm willing to bet that some of those WWII servicemen could have run circles around them if they were placed side by side today, as may of them look totally out of shape - not to mention making bigger targets as well...

No - I don't think so, given that I've always understood the benefit of keeping fit...

Maybe that's also the benefit of being in Europe rather than the US....?

(Come on! Rally round you Europeans - this could be the Ryder Cup all over again....)

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Yeah but I'd be driving a Porche!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    It always amazes me when I see pictures or newsreels from WWII showing soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen etc. (sometimes with their shirts off, as in, say, the North African campaigns) and how thin and fit they all were at the time. Compare those men to their "chunky" counterparts today from the Afghan or Iraq campaigns.
    Leslie. Today's US population certainly carries a lot more weight than our predecessors (I only need to look at myself today and how I looked 40 years ago). However, there are a couple of things to point out. Those soldiers and sailors that you see in 1940s films weren't necessarily representative of the population at large. They were 19 and 20 years old for the most part, coming out of training that focused on marching and more marching, and had not filled out into adult bodies. Compare them with today's military personnel, and today's military look stouter for two big reasons 1)Lots of hours bulking up in the weight room (I've never seen anyone come back from war with excess fat) and 2) A lot of todays photos show the guys in body armor and with additional on-body gear and electronics. I can't imagine them hiking 20 miles in tough terrain in that gear and carrying another 10 pounds or so of rifle and ammo, but be glad that they do it.

Interesting question!! For myself, I keep in relative shape just because I like to be in shape. Winter always causes me to put on a couple of pounds. However, when I do gain those holiday pounds, the thing that concerns me more is how will I fit into that new spring dress. LOL

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    There is no chance I would be heavier than what I am because my wife is so conscientious about what we eat to keep our weight in control that there is little chance of me getting over weight. With that in mind the girl in me would like to be smaller but that is in height though.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    dressing again took off 40 pounds....i gotta say I never felt healthier in my life....i actually LIKE Broccoli now...

Banned Read only
    After today's (rare I assure you) visit to Burger King to try the new Rodeo Burger (yummie!) I will happily contest the assertion that U.S.A. has the most obese women. Canada has its share of very polite and unassuming jelly-bellied women.
    Male or female or crossdressed, looking good is about projecting a feeling of vitality. Fat people just don't project that very well.
    My own view is that I want to not just extend my life, but my 'quality' of life. I don't want stupid dietary choices to have my body making or limiting my choices in my later years.
    Plus, a LBD doesn't look so hot hanging over a girdled beer gut.

I tend to agree diet is a part of most CDers lives.

A corset is so uncomfortable if you "have" to wear it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I started dieting before my CD'ing came back in full force, I do believe with out CD'ing I
    most likely would have put the weight I had lost back on at some point. Now I have
    lost even more weight and am very aware of what I'm consuming. Fast foods and bags
    of munchies are a thing of the past. Sorry Mc'D's you have been voted off the island.
    Carrot anyone?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Read only
    Yet ANOTHER poke at sugar being THE cause of America's obesity aired a couple of nights ago in a 10 minute NIghtline segment for those that like to keep up with the WHY of obesity. It should be very easy to find for those interested.

I don't buy it myself and apparently the folks of NY came to their senses about sodas also, a while back.

I've always stayed in great shape even when I hadn't dressed for years so it doesn't effect me personally. On a side note Mexico overtook the U.S as the fattest nation in the world last year.

Nope, doesn't work for me.

I was a short little fat kid growing up.

I lost it all in high school and will never be that fat again.

I watch what I eat and work out regularly. That is entirely independent of my crossdressing. Consequently my quest to keep the weight off, and I have to work at it as I "LOVE" anything sweet, helps with my feminine presentation.

Now, i see your point. If I was not afflicted with this proclivity, i probably would only be slighly fatter. No one in my family either side was rotund, though. All pretty thin, to slight belly.

Gone to live my life
    Given my occupation . . . fitness is a requirement. I will say though that I have shed about 20 pounds since I started dressing in a effort to be a bit more lean rather than bulky. But if I were not CDing, I would still be thin just a bit bulkier.

Hugs

Isha

Eating disorders, even 'nervous eating', 'comfort eating', is all exacerbated by stress. So if being a crossdresser is stressful, it will effect your weight. If it makes you feel better, you'll probably lose weight; at least, that's been my experience. I tend to overeat when I CAN'T dress up for extended periods.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Tina's existence helps me to be health conscious, and anything that has that effect is a keeper! !!

Platinum Member
    Hi Wah, You must control your weigh so you don't outgrow all of your lovely outfits.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I weigh exactly what I weighed when I got married almost 19 years ago except that then I had a 32" waist and could squat over 400lbs. Now I have a 36" waist and would probably crumple under 250.

Funny, I had little or no motivation to get in shape until this CD thing and its Pink Fog changed the way I saw myself. I've dropped from right in the middle of the Obese range through Overweight, to the top end of Normal. After losing a quarter of my body weight I feel better, can do more, and am even excited about dropping down to the next lower BMI number.

It's an unusual motivation that you won't see advertised on television, but it works for me.

Best wishes
    MsVal