Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you keep journals & data bases?

Do you keep journals & data bases?

In another thread, Ophelia advised keeping a detailed list of every "femme" item you have and every item you have thrown out.

Do you do that? I do!

I have actually maintained a database of everything I bought over the last decade or two. Part of the fun of shopping is recording item, color, material, brand, vendor, price, washability, &c. in a cafe afterwards. Haven't been quite so careful about noting what I've donated to charity, but there is a field for it in the data base. 482 items, although some of theme are multiples; e.g., necklace & earrings, briefs x 3, &c.

Also for more than a decade I've also been keeping a database of outfits: skirt, top, layer (sweater or jacket), purse, shoes, hose, accessories, hair, when, where, ... and Story: a little diary of who I met, what I did, where I went. 146 items, including my First Time in public outfit on 24 June 2005. Probably several dozen outfits that I only tried on at home. Now I dress completely in women's clothes when I come out of the gym and have lunch in the cafeteria, about half of the time. But it's always jeans or slacks and polo shirts, so no one notices (I think), and I don't bother to record them. No skirt days out for Lainie in 2014, Maybe next month?

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    That does sounds interesting, but I don't currently.

For me... What I have considered is keeping a journal or time line of events in my life. I'm not sure I want a lot of details of the things, but the events, places, people, happening and how I felt would be of interest to me. Perhaps I could look back to see how I've changed along this path or a life's story.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Lainie , stats get in the way of feeling feminine. Enjoy those moments when you can. Peace, mel

I thought of keeping a photographic database of my clothing items so I could select outfits by looking at the pictures.

Total failure. I need to have my hands on the clothes and put them together on the fly. I start with an idea of what sort of outfit I want (casual or dressy, skirt, dress, or jeans) and then find a clothing item that suits my fancy. From that I select items to complete the outfit, shoes, and jewelery.

Then I usually show my selections to Mimi. She often has suggestions that I hadn't thought of!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

While I don't keep a full spreadsheet,etc..(and I don't have the biggest sized wardrobe to "plan" much anyway) I've been trying to do a bit of the thing with the Stylebook app in ISO/iphone... just to keep track of colors and plan purchases,etc.
    (sorry...I may be getting more into fashion thanks to CDing...but CDing doesn't really get rid of the geek side of me
    It's not been the best because the iphone has not taken the best pics (bad color correction for my heavy fluorescent lightning...it also messes up the "shiny" elements too).
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

To me, keeping a detailed list is more of a burden than an asset. I enjoy the things I have, and it seems like work to have a database or journal. When it comes time to pick an outfit, I rummage until I find the perfect match. But this is how I often function, in the moment. Sometimes I find a surprise, something that I have not worn for months, and suddenly it becomes new and exciting again.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I do stuff like that too..except mine are more data based ( how geeky does that sound) ...i make draft emails full of lists could be anything from clothes, to makeup, insprirational colors, to things that need improvement, websites, links, long & short term goals,...real nerdy stuff... i use it as a notebook to future outfits , ideas & inspiration not so much what i bought in the past...

Interesting idea? I'll think about it!

When I first went female 24/7, about 19 years ago, I started a journal. I may have continued that experiment for about a week.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

That sounds an awful lot like work actually, so I'd rather not. I used to do it for my record collection though.

Errrrrrrrr no!

Aspiring Member
    Hi Lainie
    I don't yet have enough clothes to form a database, but who knows, and then setting one up would be a chore. I have however been keeping a journal of all my CDing activity, so far only a few months or so. I have just been reading back and already it has been a fascinating journey.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

What I keep on my computer and do online is pretty convoluted. If the NSA wants my information, they are going to have to work for it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I don't have enough memory to keep a database like that.

Lotus 1,2,3. was never designed to be that large.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

sounds sort of...masculine
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member
    I have huge Word files listing every piece of outer wear and shoes by number, saying where bought and for how much and whether dressed as a woman,original price (I buy a lot in sales) and linking this to photographs - four of each outfit (different angles) and then when and where disposed of. I also have a code for when it was worn in public, and if so what with and describe the circumstances. Then when I upgrade my camera I take a whole new set of photographs. Yes, it is probably masculine, as is dressing to the best standard I possibly can, but then I never lose sight of the fact that I am a man - everything else si just an act. And I love acting. The fun is mainly in buying and them wearing the clothes but the catalogue is pretty enjoyable too.

I agree with Lorileah, Bria

Banned Read only
    The purpose of my lists is just to make sure I don't leave something in a dressing room, the car, taxi cab, laundry hamper...
    I also shred and destroy all reciepts for femme stuff I buy. All of my photos are on a Kodak USB and are hidden with all of my numbered prints. The whole point of it was to free me from worrying about one route of discovery. Look, once a girlfriend discovered some nylon ladies underwear in my laundry hamper. I got out of with with a half lie that I bought them as a windbreaker for my "package" when I skiing, cycling or skating in the cold. I actually have some male jocks designed for that, but ever after whenever we went skiing or skating I had to wear them....they worked, but not as good as the designed pair of jocks. I don't think she ever trusted me after that.
    Soooo, it;s taking care of little things so I can realx and enjoy the big picture....dressing!

The only tracking I do is taking pictures every time I dress. Helps make me aware of my progress, and I've heard a lot of CD's do that as well haha

I have a database of what clothing I have as a way of keeping the "pink fog" away. One it stops me buying too much stuff. It would be easy to have so many items that given the limited time I currently have to dress I'd never get around to wearing something more than once in 2 years so I tend to operate a "one in, one out" policy. It also stops me buying things that are too much alike to things I already have. Along with quantities I also keep a record of spending. It would be far too easy to spend considerable amounts of money and end up with a wardrobe of "worn once" items.
    It also helps when I do get to spend time away from home and dress to choose what to take.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I have a journal. It helps me sort my feelings, record my experiences, and tell my story at some later time. I also add photos to it so that I can look back and see how I have improved my look or see what outfits worked and which ones really didn't. but I don't keep a detailed list of what I own. All I have to do is open the closet door to see that. It might be an idea, probably not a good one lol, to record the prices I have paid for new things just to see how much I spend.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by Betty_42 View Post
    Interesting idea? I'll think about it!
    Interesting idea? I think I'll forget it...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Aspiring Member
    I do have a blog on dressing as a woman but I don't keep track of what clothes I have or have gotten rid of, nor I do I keep track of how much money I have spent on clothes or other feminine items.

Betty 42 had an idea.....
    Katey 888 had a faaar better idea.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have always maintained a journal of my activities.
    Several of them go back to my first days out and about en femme, (30 years worth).
    I've written down details about road trips, social events, shopping, interactions with people.
    When sitting at a restaurant I would write down everything that was going at the moment...what I was feeling, peoples reactions, etc.

Over the years I have learned that if you dress en femme and go out amongst the populace and behave like a normal person, no one is really concerned about you.

Makes for some good reading and reminiscing.
    "Missed it by that much!"