Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what percentage get spooked after joining

what percentage get spooked after joining

just seems like some fall off the planet after they join, i was a little shocked by all the e-mails generated when i joined, and with all our social outlets so entwined could see some being spooked by that,(especially the younger generation) girl friend or mom picking up a cellphone or tablet and seeing all the pink e-mails.

always see the active members # much lower than the total members #.

all the welcomes are so friendly i know i felt welcome, but i used an old e-mail address and was past the point of caring if someone i know works for my internet carrier

any other thoughts....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I just keep this a separate thing totally. My wife knows and supports me anyway and all the kids are gone so really not to worried but do have separate accounts for my stuff.

I have a separate 'femme' email account, even a separate cell phone number (and cell phone). I don't fetch that email with my 'normal' phone. I don't use my ISP's email account in the first place.

I keep it all on a separate email account also. I just think maybe some people forget about it?

Possibly a lot of new users ( myself included ) do more reading than posting. This " hobby ", although its been part of my life for as long as I can remember, it is still a private thing.

I keep things separate between me and him. A lot safer that way. Besides, I am past being spooked.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I'm the only one that uses my computer or my phone. Did have a moment where I was checking my email in front of my friends and some announcement from this website was at the top of my inbox, but I doubt they were reading over my shoulder and they haven't said anything.

I have never gotten an announcement from this site, maybe there is a setting that I unchecked or something when I signed up. Wouldn't matter as My SO knows and no one else uses my PC, they know better I also have a femme email account and do my best to make sure that two world's don't collide.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I was a visitor here for months before I joined, but once I had joined I have never been spooked.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by mikell View Post
    just seems like some fall off the planet after they join,
    I have been here a long time and I can tell you very few stay here very long. Most the people I started talking with when I joined are now gone and many of them I miss a lot (We had fun back then). How long someone stays depends on when they get what they wanted (or realize they won't get what they wanted) from the site. After a while you get tired of the same old subjects and the the same old arguments and you go and find some place new to play.
    i was a little shocked by all the e-mails generated when i joined, and with all our social outlets so entwined could see some being spooked by that,(especially the younger generation) girl friend or mom picking up a cellphone or tablet and seeing all the pink e-mails.
    So I assume you are doing this on the sly and that you are not being upfront with your SO at least. There seems to be trust issues here. If you are afraid your SO is going to see this, why don't you tell her? Is it because you are getting a little thrill sneaking behind her? The other trust issue is why is she looking at YOUR history and emails?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I have been here awhile and I am fairly active on the site more than I should be. I don't know why the paranioa I never recieved an unwanted email. Of course I do have a separate acct. but still if some one finds out So what wife knows kids do to But that said I am still dadt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    I have a separate email account. I guess I thought I was paranoid someone would discover more than a mere interest in women's clothing. On the other hand all my femme buying on eBay and elsewhere is on my regular accounts. If I failed to sign off entirely on my computer someone coming behind me on eBay may see too many femme searches and buys. I make sure I 'x' out entirely.

I do get some PM's from members in response to a comment. I am not really gung ho in chatting with anyone concerning their likes or dislikes in feminine clothing. That's based on the preference for face to face interaction or telephone chats. The number of postings I have is really based on the fact I am retired and have little to do most of the morning. Right now I am waiting around to go to an appointment to get my car serviced.

I always tip toe through the tulips, I am not all that active.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Mikell, there are probably a host of factors that impact this - not least that most people seem to have the attention span of a goldfish nowadays (present company excluded, of course... ) - never had probs with emails though - maybe no one wants to talk to me...

I think I joined about 3 days after finding the forum and realised it could help me... Of course, I thought that was just understanding wtf is wrong with me rather than actually getting better at doing makeup.. It wasn't supposed to be like this...

Some folk probably sign up, read lots, find that a combination of other folk will say what they would have said anyway, so become the 'member-lurkers' (no offence - perhaps 'sleeping members' is better...) - nothing wrong with that. Some days - often mood dependent - I can log on, read some things, tidy the forum a bit, and just can't find anything relevant to post about... Other days - more like today - I'm feeling a bit more opinionated, outspoken, witty (rare), or just feel that I need a connection. It's good knowing it's here even if it might only be something very unexciting going on... (Did I just say unexciting...? Wait for that bolt from admin to strike...)

I've only kept going as I thought I could convert posts to air miles... bummer!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    So I assume you are doing this on the sly and that you are not being upfront with your SO at least. There seems to be trust issues here. If you are afraid your SO is going to see this, why don't you tell her? Is it because you are getting a little thrill sneaking behind her? The other trust issue is why is she looking at YOUR history and emails?

my point was the younger folks are so connected with all the new technology "sharing" "clouds" ect that they may get spooked because they are so open with they're tech toys that someone can just pick up a phone or tablet, SO/GF knows passwords and they lost that anonymity that i had being secretive when i joined and out themselves before they have a chance to learn what it may take to reveal or accept themselves.
    if that is what will work for them of course.

i understand that as we get older and less interested we move on also...
    Last edited by mykell; 04-02-2014 at 01:55 PM. Reason: added
    ....Mykell

I joined about an hour after finding the forum, I was so intrigued, all these people are here? in one place?
    Openly discussing everything that I'm doing! What could be better! then the next day a bit of paranoia set in,
    the what if I slip up with the e-mails or leave a trace somewhere, somehow. That still happens to this day, but i'm
    not not anywhere near disappearing. Private e-mails have of course been created, and I'm hyper-vigillant in removing
    any trace from my computer and phone.
    It is kinda sad to see people disappear from the forum, all you can do is hope the best for them and keep moving on.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I was originally pretty spooked about joining, but not too much any more. I still only browse it late at night or when I have the house to my self. I don't have a second email or anything, just my main one I use. When I check my email and the emails from the sites are here, I just quickly close the tab or click on another email like its nothing. So no one really has said anything about my inbox so I don't think anyone cares to look or snoop haha

Always dangerous to speak on behalf of others or to generalize. There are some sites I have joined just to look around, then decided I didnt want to stay there. On the other hand, when I find one I like I tend to stick around...so get used to me being here...tee hee.

Like others, I use a separate email account for this (and don't have the site remember my password, etc.).
    The member falloff (oops, bad image) might have something to do with the the site topics and fear, but understand that it's also a product of the web. The vast majority of people who sign up for any website disappear from the forums pretty quickly. Some may post a couple of time and maybe lurk for a while, but others discover that they don't have the time or interest in continuing to post or even visiting the site at all. You would be shocked to see how many people who register with a site that serves a professional group only visit a few times, almost never post, and quickly unsubscribe to any newsletters. It's just the way things are in a digital society.

I use a separate email account myself, for all my femm stuff. Never any problems from my membership here.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    girls come & GO in this lifestyle all the time....here one day....gone for a month. back with an explination of why ' LIFE" got in the way....i was looking at the majority of posters recently and noticed the most active were those that joined in March 2014..that will probably change next month too...and I havent been around that long but seems to be the norm....once it warms up a bit more I'm sure alot of gals including myself will be on here alot less too

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    I think we need to define active members. Is this a case of they logged in and then got automatically logged out while they were reading? Not everyone feels comfortable checking the "Remember Me?" box. It took me some time to read about and understand my options in the log in/out progress.

There is also a time commitment for any social media website. This is TG specific. I have many other interests that consume my time. My world is not just TG. I have friends on Facebook and other social media sites.
    Last edited by sanderlay; 04-02-2014 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

I spent a lot of time just reading really. Wanted to be sure of myself before wading in.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    girls come & GO in this lifestyle all the time....here one day....gone for a month. back with an explination of why ' LIFE" got in the way....i was looking at the majority of posters recently and noticed the most active were those that joined in March 2014..that will probably change next month too...and I havent been around that long but seems to be the norm....once it warms up a bit more I'm sure alot of gals including myself will be on here alot less too
    as yet to be a full year for myself i will most likely see less action in the warmer season, but still check in....
    Quote Originally Posted by sanderlay View Post
    I think we need to define active members. Is this a case of they logged in and then got automatically logged out while they were reading? Not everyone feels comfortable checking the "Remember Me?" box. It took me some time to read about and understand my options in the log in/out progress.

There is also a time commitment for any social media website. This is TG specific. I have many other interests that consume my time. My world is not just TG. I have friends on Facebook and other social media sites.
    not sure how that is calculated, just notice the numbers at the bottom of the forum home page,

do any off your social sites link to this one in some way....
    ....Mykell

Much like the rest of you, I have a separate account for stuff like this, just like I have a separate Amazon account for my girly purchases, otherwise anyone who might go through my past purchases and browsing history may get the picture. As for the phone/tablet/laptop, I don't leave anything I find incriminating or embarrassing logged into and up.

Honestly, the biggest thing I was worried about here was giving too many details about myself away. Not because I thought anyone here was "shady" or anything, but that is someone stumbled across my profile, they may pinpoint that it was me. But then I thought logically about it. I'm sure I'm not that unique in my neck of the woods and that it could describe many people. So while I may be new, I don't feel spooked or nervous. Not being any more or less careful that I'm used to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Stacie~