Thread: Another Frist!

Another Frist!

Ok, I did something I thought I would never do.

I mentioned in another thread that I visited a discount, 2nd hand clothing store and asked the SA if they sold a lot of Plus sizes and it would be for me. Actually, that alone was a first for me. I was in drab mode. The SA, surprised a bit at first, quickly regain her composure and said, some, and not to worry, they welcome all, they really didn't care. Whew!!!! OK,

The SA said, Sunday and Wednesday evenings, about an hour before closing were probably the slowest to avoid crowds which I asked.

So, here it is Wednesday and I am debating to go shopping for Cassie for the first time in public, in drab, no less.

Tic Toc Tic Toc....

Not really listening to my inner boy self, with determination, I walk to the truck and a short 5 minutes later, I'm parking in the parking lot. And I walk around to the front of the store.. 4 parked cars, OMG.. .the place is a MAD HOUSE!!!! Well, they sell men's clothes as well, so I'll just boy shop a bit. I go in, Good Evening Sir.. the SA says (a different one than last week.).

There are about eight women, 2 men in shopping. I told myself, walk to the boy's section, I did... For about 30 seconds.. Then.. I did something I have never done before in my life.

I took a breath and walked over one of the women's top carousel and started looking, looking, looking... 2XL, 2XL... where are the 2XLs... Oh, I like that one.. remember where it is... head down, look, look, no one said a thing, keep looking, swish, swish, swish, the tops pass me, too small, too small, too.. oh.. a Large, maybe... oh I want that...

Ok, time to be a man, pick up an item and hold it like you're gonna buy it.

BING! BING! BING! 3 blouses...

I browse the boys section again, only to wait till the SA was free to ring my sale.

Is this all, Sir, Did you find everything you were looking for, ..... Ah Yes, Thank You.

Buzz Buzz goes the debit card machine, and whola... Thank You, Sir...

Thank you, take my pink bag, turn and walk out the store.

As I was walking up the sidewalk to my apt, two very goodlooking men where talking in the front yard of a house I passed, both took that guy stare, size me up, definitely saw this guy walking with this bright pink bag... ah hum....

I smile, and kept walking.

I got home, put on some dinner, and am enjoying my dinner wearing one of my new blouses.

And it's only Wednesday! LOL

Cassie

What was the first first? How many firsts altogehter now?
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Cassie,
    Firsts are a bit like you describe, seconds and thirds and all that follow do pale into insignificance after the first.

I hope it gives you fond memories to look back on.

You should review yourself after twelve months.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    See Cassie.........It ain't so bad, is it?!! Congratulations!

Don't you know, It always feels like the first time!

What a great day you had!

Enjoy!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gone to live my life
    Hi Cassie,

CONGRATS on your step forward. Sounds like a harrowing yet rewarding experience.

Hugs

Isha

Banned Read only
    Well done Cassie, take each step at a time and build your confidence ! Remember they need your money ! So what's the next item on the list ? Anyway have fun and try and do it with a smile.

Well, you know I thought about that Teresa, and last November, I went for my first make-over at the MAC Store, it was an AWESOME experience.

In January, I went back to the MAC store en drab and brought more make-up. Spent a good 20 - 30 minutes with the SA looking at eyeliners, shadows. She attended to me so friendly, I forgot I was a man in a cosmetic store shopping for make-up for myself. I went during the last hour of the shopping day, around 8pm (cst), so I felt, a crowd would not be in the store, I was correct for the first 5 or so minutes. I remember looking up once and seeing about 5 other women, and a young boy (around 11-12) with his mom shopping. But, the SA was attending to me so personally, no one seem to notice. It felt that I was just another person shopping. The SA that gave me the make-over was present, we saw each other and smiled, with the unspoken message that said, "Hi Babe, Good to see you!"

So, it's baby steps for me, but steps taken nevertheless.

It's feels GREAT!

Cassie

Great story - I have bought clothes in the same way. I think having the confidence is the main thing - and keeping a cheery disposition when paying. S x.

The first time it's quite a rush, but after a while it's no big deal. I had to buy some male clothing for work recently (first time in two or three years) and it felt really weird being in the men's department.

I was a quite a bit anxious my first time too, Cassie. I shopped all over the store like you did. Eventually selecting a few pair of jeans, some tops, a couple skirts, and some shoes. Then, the biggie, trying them on in the fitting room. In there I was able to learn a bit about what fits and what doesn't. Next, a trip to the cashier where I paid in cash, and left the store. Nothing even remotely bad happened.

No one cares at all when a woman is shopping in the men's department. I read somewhere that nearly all the men's underwear is purchased by women. It appears that no one seems to care about a man shopping in the women's department either.

That was a few months ago. I've calmed down since then. Yesterday I had only a few minutes to shop in my favorite Salvation Army thrift store, but I was able to snag a very nice pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and black sandals with the manufacturer's label still on the sole for about $11. I tried the sandals right there at the shoe rack, standing next to a woman shopper.

It's only a big deal if you want to believe it's a big deal.

Best wishes
    MsVal

"It's only a big deal if you want to believe it's a big deal.

Best wishes
    MsVal"

Can I have an AMEN to that Sister!

Good for you! I hit those store about three times a week on the way home from work. More about the hunt now

The first thing I bought for myself was pantyhose. I bought about $20 worth of groceries to mask my purchase. Purchasing hose became easier after a few more tries.

Much later, I got the nerve to ask a sales person if they allowed guys to try on clothes. She said, "Oh, sure," as though it was not at all surprising of a request. Then she and another SA started bringing outfits to me for me to try on. It was freaky to me! I had no idea that they would do that. I think they wanted me to buy something...

Platinum Member
    Hi Cassie, the more you do it the easier it gets.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have been married for 38 years and I always have purchased clothes for my wife. I would buy anything, anywhere it didn't matter to me. The first time I whent shopping for myself I nearly passed out! I was shaking, sweating and beat red but I did it !!