Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A not very pretty girl.

aww.

but what is very pretty about the thread is that we all seem to share this plight (conversely could be looked at as delight and maybe that's the other side of the coin).

i love the replies because they are so comforting, too.

i agree that to a certain degree we are gifted/shifted with certain raw material from nature; not just males but females too some just look more masculine and others more feminine.

but there also is how we work with what we have; the nurture and cultivation.

i say somehow we need to forgive and love ourself even imperfectness.

though i too am similarly fighting/dancing with love/hate my sexuality and gender identity...
    life is a work in progress... but not all work, there is always potential for play, too!

Alice, welcome to womanhood!

All GG I know are not happy with one way or another how they look. They don't have the luxury of blaming the guy in mirror like us.

Suppose the subject of this thread was "A not very good golfer"?

I believe it's fair to say that nearly all golfers want to be the best they can be, and some of them imagine themselves good enough to win back the entry fee or more in a tournament.

Unfortunately, most golfers have real lives that interfere with golfing. They may only get out a couple times per month, far too seldom to perfect their game. It is unreasonable and frustrating for them to compare themselves to those that started as kids and are out nearly every day. So what should they do?

I believe they should:
    Understand their limitations,
    Know their strengths,
    Play as good as their abilities permit,
    Enjoy the game, and
    Compare themselves only their own best game.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Hello Noeleena,

So lovely to read your words, and thank you for replying to me. Although being Alice is who I enjoy being far more than my male side, I do struggle at times with the way I look. When I`m dressed up at home,(alone) away for work (staying in a motel) or out and about, I LOVE the way I feel. Walking past a shop, glancing at myself in the window is a nice feeling and I rather like the way I look. This looking in the mirror stuff is my main cause of dismay. You might say well don`t look in a mirror.............But I do. If I have my make up on, lipstick and all, my sunglasses...........well I don`t feel so bad. Noeleena, I guess the thing is I just want to pass as a woman. I absolutely Love being a Cross Dresser, Being Alice is my Most Favourite part of my life. I sincerely mean this.............I wish I could be Alice all the time.

I do like the idea of meeting up with you when your in Melbourne............Would be really nice. I have yet to spend anytime with a woman like you.......a Cross Dresser. Isn`t it a wonderful feeling being a woman (or as best we can) As I am writing this (nobody home except me and my puppy and cat. they won`t tell on me) I am dressed up, bit of lippy, and as you well know the feeling is beautiful. I have a night out with some cder`s in a weeks time. Was invited to attend by a lady I know. There will other folk attending with various fetishes...........I have been told all is cool and folk are not the type to judge me. I am a little nervous, never been out to anything like this before. I am so excited, will leave home as Alice, drive to the place, and walk in as Alice. All up I will be in Femme mode for around 10hr`s........8 of these hours with other folk.

So not sure what to do from here? Are we able to keep in touch via Cross Dressers.com? Don`t know my way around here very well yet.

Warm Thoughts, Alice

Hello Karren, This is easy for me to say, but, I don`t think you should be too hard on yourself. I THINK YOU LOOK REALLY NICE. I hope to put my very first pic up today, not sure how I will go. Warm Thoughts, Alice

Hello Carmen, And thank you for your kind words. I understand what you say and will try harder to be at peace with my lot, I do LOVE and ENJOY so much being Alice.......I really must practice my make up and I do need to buy a nicer wig. Warm Thoughts, Alice
    Last edited by Sandra; 04-04-2014 at 02:47 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, mulitposting is not allowed please read the rules.

Alice you are most welcome.

Last year I went in for a wig fitting done by an expert. I was 'en drabbe' but I explained to him that I crossdressed.
    He understood and took a few moments to stare at my face, then he said "be right back hun".
    He selected 2 styles. The one that I'm wearing in my recent photos is a darkest brown with mild red and blonde highlights.
    He knew exactly what would work for me, and even with no makeup I saw myself in a very different light. That wig brought out my particular features perfectly! (my eyes teared up)
    His next selection he referred to as my 'party piece'. It's a wavy mix of dark to lighter browns that is past my shoulders in length, and is a lace front wig, meaning that it is to be attached across my forehead and it creates a real scalp and hairline and is nearly impossible to detect.
    Again he knew what I needed and I bought both wigs.
    He asked me to return dressed so he can show me how to adjust it properly. (he also asked me out to which I declined)

To sum this all up sis...the right hair and style will elevate your appearance tenfold.
    I can't wait to try out that lace front wig on my next time out!
    Carmen
    "Missed it by that much!"

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Alice.....dressing is really all about whats inside....also keep in mind we are all our own worst critics....dont let anything get you down.

BIT MORE. Not a very pretty girl.

Even though I have never met any of you Girls, it IS nice having friends like you, you have helped and inspired me in such a lovely way my words can`t quite explain. Thank you Ladies SO much...................

Since my earlier posts on this title, reading your replies, thinking a lot, reading again...........I have stopped being so hard on myself, been out and brought a new wig and comb, and am feeling a lot better. I am home alone. So I dressed up in some of my favourite clothes, beautiful under garments, and shoes. I put some make up on (brought a gorgeous bright red lipstick) then combed my new wig and put it on. Feeling really happy. Looked in the mirror and...........well I am certainly not super attractive, but I think I look nice. I still have clothes/make up on whilst writing this. The kind words, advice etc from you ladies is so nice. I have decided to attend my "Night Out" next week wearing this outfit, wig and make up. I do understand I still have a lot of practice to preform, but I can now move forward with some excitement. Isn`t it a beautiful thing being a Cross Dresser? The Woman you want to be, wouldn't it be even more beautiful if you could be the Woman you want to be more often, or better still, All The Time. I assume some of you have quite a lot of freedom. WT, Alice. Lots of Hugs.

Alice,
    What was the reaction when you bought your wig and comb?

That is an advancement... With a wig, you look nice.

Tell us a little about your "Night Out" and what it entails?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I know I don't look like a girl. I am a man and probably will always be a man who wears a wig and skirts. I don't see myself prettier than most girls and would be probably disappointed if I tried. I see the "guy" staring back too.

BUT, I also think this guy looks better as a girl, so that keeps me going. Also, my confidence got a boost when I started showing Julia to other people.

- a couple of female friends said I looked good and had very nice legs;
    - my daughter is harshly honest and criticized a lot my female look in the beginning, but I took it as a challenge to improve it. Now she compliments me regularly;
    - even my wife said with a resigned face that I really looked cute (and she don't have any reason to say that because she doesn't like me dressing, so I know she's being honest).

Now I am improving my makeup skills, wearing a corset, choosing clothing that fit better the shape of my body, shaving my legs, and doing many things to look better en femme, and it's paying off. I'm feeling very confident.

Confidence goes a long way. If you doubt yourself, others can feel that. Even if they don't know why.

We humans communicate on a LOT of subliminal levels. It isn't all about 'passing'. It is about 'believing'.

“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.”

― W.C. Fields
    - MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I have days like this also, on those days I try my best to look into the mirror and find things about myself that I like and focus on that and then find ways to fix the things that I don't or hide them etc. It looks really silly staring at yourself but when I do that while getting ready for the day it seems to give me a huge jump of confidence as long as I try to keep a positive mindset about it. Like Carmen said also I sort of achieved my own look and my own appearance that I liked after playing around and it has made me much happier about it. It's hard at first but I know you can achieve the highest level of confidence possible

Hello Beverly,
    When I went to purchase my Wig...............It was all good. I had bloke clothes on, but under that I was wearing some of my Ladies panties, bra and so on which always makes me feel great. I know the lady serving me noticed my breasts, this didn't bother me at all and she was cool about it. Together we chose a Wig that suited me, it was a strange feeling as she helped me fit the Wig, doing Girly stuff and chatting. With my comb I am able to make my Wig look pretty. Have not cared for Wigs as much in the past. Nice experience.

My "Night Out". I have been invited to attend a Night Out at a sort of Fetish Club. There will be other Ladies (Cross Dressers) there apart from myself. I can`t tell you how excited I am about socializing with other Ladies.........Me as Alice for around 7-8hr`s. I have been assured that all folk attending will not make fun of me or be judgmental. I am not sure what Fetishes the non cding folk are about, but, I also are not judgemental. So Beverly this Night Out is my Very First as Alice. I hope to have some pic`s taken.
    The evening I suppose will be a bit like a party, music etc. I do not drink alcohol, so will be having a nice cup of tea.....don`t know why I told you that.
    Warm Thoughts, Alice

Alice, there are some very pretty girls around here, but I'm not one of them. I too admire you for being brave enough to set sail in to the real world. I'm very much a stay at home type.
    We're all a bit different. I get pleasure from dressing as a woman. I want to do that to the best of my ability, look the best I can but also have to accept that I do not have very feminine features. I don't have a need to go out. Not that I wouldn't like to, just don't need to. Sometimes when I'm dressed and the makeup's on I feel great, other times not so very great.
    What am I saying .. we just have to accept ourselves and do the things we need to do and are comfortable with. Enjoy being the person you are.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Hi, Alice.

Thank you, . been a while since we were going to meet at the Ball in Sydney, and an other matter came up.that stopped that,

So others understand i have known Alice for a few years, and we have had many talks,

and i will send you my details so we can this time have our get together,

i know the concerns you have and have had , im just so glad your doing so well. okay not every thing yet you know it takes time and to achieve what is good you know what im saying .

Im still on TGR, so use my account there if you get stuck

You know, its so lovely to know your doing so good,

Take care and Hug's,

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 04-05-2014 at 04:37 AM.