Thread: I may have damaged my foot :(

I may have damaged my foot :(

So I had the use of my ex's car for work last night. (I'm still on the insurance) and I decided to drop it off and walk home rather than get up at a silly time this morning. To be honest it was a bit if a silly time anyway. Almost 2am. Anyway, I decide to do it en femme. So I put on a gorgeous mid thigh dress, black tights and a cardigan with a huge hood. (Since I do t have a wig currently) I also had my forms in of course.

Now the important bit, I was wearing my sky high black wedges and they turn the lights off on side roads after 12:30am here. I didn't see the stone but it sure made my ankle turn. My ankle is fine but the outside of my left foot feels like the bone is cracked. Had to take the wedges off and walk the rest if the way home in considerable pain. Not a happy camper.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Stacey

We all love dressing en femme, but beware of high heels, platforms and wedges. They can be dangerous. I have yet to get any shoes but they won’t have more than an inch (25cm) heel.

Many GGs have accidents in heels and it is very easy to turn an ankle and cause serious, even permanent damage. Driving in heels is not recommended as there have been serious accidents, even fatalities caused by drivers in heels or platforms. Wedges are little different.

Sorry to put a dampener on this subject but if you Google “accidents in high heels” you will see the evidence.

Flatties or low heels for me.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Walking in heels is and never has been a problem for me. I regularly make that walk in a variety of heels of various heights. It just so happened that this time I caught an unlucky break.

Aspiring Member
    Hello again Stacey

Sorry I should have added that I hope you are soon mended.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    so you need to get this checked out! maybe an xray. if it is broken walking on it will make it worse and i am saying that from experience. Don't be foolish

Stacey,
    **It happens now and then.

Unlit streets are so uninviting too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    Walking alone dressed as a female at 2:00 AM is pretty risky regardless of the shoe issue. I suggest having your foot checked by a doctor to make sure there's no permanent damage.

I also suggest you think twice about where and when you walk around dressed as a female. You could have had worse than an injured foot.

Here is what I use to decide if an x-ray is needed when seeing them in the ER
    http://www.ohri.ca/emerg/cdr/docs/cdr_ankle_poster.pdf
    Can you walk 4 steps? Sounds like you could
    For ankle x-ray:
    Are you tender on the BACK part of the end of the lower leg bones?
    For Foot x-ray, the areas to check are different
    See the poster - the base of the bone in the mid foot lined up with the 5th toe and then the middle of the top of the foot.

Tight shoes can also cause problems of squeezing the bones together causing inflammation and tingling into toes.
    I walk well in my 5" stilettos (see profile pic) but I stay indoors.
    Ellen

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey Summer View Post
    ............It just so happened that this time I caught an unlucky break.
    Did you use the phrase damn or blast when the break occurred? Neither if it had been me. I can be most unlike a lady in these situations.

Mercifully, I've yet to experience this in heels (jinxed it now) but had a weak ankle for years due to a similar ankle turn over. Just as an aside, does your ex know you dress? Nice that you get on to the point of being able to borrow the car.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I uttered a very unladylike "Ow f*ck!!"

It may be a bit risky walking alone en femme at that time if night but it's a risk I'm happy to take.

It's possibly just a snapped tendon or really bad bruising where it rolled on the concrete. If it's still bad tomorrow I'll get it looked at.

Banned Read only
    If you do it in platforms next time maybe you could have some lights fitted on the shoes ! A chipped bone can take weeks to to feel right !

Banned Read only
    Walking in any shoe, heel or no heel, anywhere in the dark where you can't see where you are stepping is a BAD idea. Ankles can take an awful long time to heal.

You might want to try RICE treatment.

RICE is not what you put in as breast filler.

Rest
    Ice
    Compression (ace wrap or air splint)
    Elevation (higher than your heart)

is what you do for sprains/strains anywhere

Gone to live my life
    Hi Stacey,

Sorry to hear about your foot . . . I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs

Isha

Stacey,

I hope you get better soon

hugs

Linda
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Hopefully no permanent damage has been done.
    Hope you are feeling better soon.
    hugs

Rachel
    Be truthful to yourself.

A quick update. It appears as though my foot is just bruised. Was a lit easier yesterday and again today.

Platinum Member
    Hi Stacey, Be careful with your foot so it doesn't get worse that you can never wear heels again.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!