Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you go out dressed?

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Over the last 2 years I'm out 4 or so times a week just doing the things that I would do as a male who doesn't like bars. Definitely a male on the GID scale and no interest in transitioning.

So is dressing losing its interest? Some days it all seems too much bother ... the inconvenience of my dressing facilities (commercial storage garage), effort with makeup, distractions, etc. I still put in the effort and they usually turn out to be the best days.

I have an ever increasing circle of friends/acquaintances and enjoy the interaction. To them I'm not a man in a dress - just "Michelle". Love the interaction.

Going out more and enjoying it more! As others have said, it's a validation of who I am, and now it is natural and just feels right. If I am treated as female, that's great, but if not, that's OK too. I'm still me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Not any more but I used to go out in public dressed for a couple of hours once a week or so usually on a week day.
    I would go shopping for cloths , shoes ect. Or just walk around the mall. I loved it.
    A couple of times I was able to get out to a CD friendly bar which was awesome.
    If I had my choose I would go out in public every time I had the opportunity to dress

Naw, I go dressed riding around at night, I dont consider that going out!

I did once and it was a disaster but not for the experience. That was cool.

I saw a musical in the middle of winter in Chicago, freezing, wearing the wrong shoes for the ice, etc. Going out was just fine. Getting ready after long series of travel delays was a chore. I felt like a woman when I went out because I felt like a tired woman doing all the things that have to be done to prepare. I learned to love my gender a bit more because it's so damn easy to put on pants, shoes and a shirt.

Down here I can't go out (too small an island) but I have my LBD and stuff ready for the next solo trip to the States.

Sorry about to too long of an answer.

I got up the courage last weekend._jeans, light lipstick, earnings and sunglasses. Just window shoping...hiding in out in the open..it was a great afternoon.

Not to bars, no, as I never go to bars. But restaurants, yes, and museums, and theatres, and cinemas, and concert halls, and music clubs, and opera houses, and museums. This is what I do normally, and it is just even more enjoyable when I can dress femme. I love it, and wish I could do it more often.

Michaella

At this point I have only been out to specific places that are known to be friendly.

Zylia specially in the Netherlands is it ok to go out , people there are much more accepting then any where else in the world, I lived till my 29 the year in the Netherlands and in those days the were already more accepting , so don't be afraid in my outlook you defenate pass, as I don't , ejoy yourself and have agreat time

Banned Read only
    Whatever is the reason for dressing if not to go out? For me it's for going out.

Let's see: I've taken out the garbage at 2 a.m. in the dark, wearing a black turtleneck top, black skirt and black stockings, and took a long ride at about the same time of night, with a not so good experience during that so I won't be doing it again. Nope, no rides for me. And after twisting my ankle out in the driveway in the dark while in drab and now knowing it could happen when in a skirt, I probably won't be doing that again either.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Here where i live now i've had a harder time going out dressed. Living in Nebraska far from a larger city makes it a little difficult. when i lived in the maryland/dc area it worked out a lot better.