Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you go out dressed?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I just go wherever I want enfemme. Not into the bar scene at all in girl mode.I don't drink so no point in it and I'm not looking for a hook up/male attention.
    If I wake up feeling like going all girl for the day I just do it and do what I normally would do.

yes go everywhere.. grocery shopping, movies, resale shops, bars, restaurants, hardware stores, gas station etc etc wherever I got to go

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by samantha rogers View Post
    ..is it possible that the desire to be out and interacting with the world rises in direct proportion to the degree of one's GID, ...
    Hi Samantha, for me, I identify as male and male only. Going out is not about me "thinking" I am female. I am not and when dressed I don't think "female." For whatever reason, it is a validation, kind of like screaming to the world that I am a cross dresser without making a sound and drawing attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Hi Samantha, for me, I identify as male and male only. Going out is not about me "thinking" I am female. I am not and when dressed I don't think "female." For whatever reason, it is a validation, kind of like screaming to the world that I am a cross dresser without making a sound and drawing attention.
    This is the really amazing part of the entire CD/TG world...that there are so many levels and possible variations. There was another thread recently asking about where people fall on a scale of 1-10. All in fun I am sure, but at the same time so totally insufficient.
    We are all drawn here because of shared interests, but truthfully we are all representative of a billion different points on a three dimential, extremely faceted gender spectrum. Fascinating. But fun...tee hee

Yes, all the time and have for the last 10 years.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Yes, whenever I dress. I began in San Francisco, at a transgender bar, moved onto gay bars, then to some restaurants and bars that are more or less straight, finally out in daytime to ordinary places. Others are right in saying it is quite easier and normal than what you would think.

I go out several times a month fully presenting as Rita. We go dancing, my wife and I. After several outings to mainstream venues I have decided I much prefer the tgirl events. I dress daily in women's pants and tops but no wig forms, or make up. I go out dancing with the wife because We have so much fun doing it and Rita is teaching me to be a more social creature. I go out daily as this weird hybrid thing because that's who I truly am

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Aspiring Member
    I used to go out once a month or so, but these days less so. It definitely is an experience that will make you appreciate who you are. I love the guy me and everything that I do as a guy, but dressing up and going out in girl mode is so much more rewarding, you really do feel alive. It's like finally realizing that this is who I am !!!

Platinum Member
    Hi Megan, I think that I'm getting close to going out.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I've been out over 50 times and they are becoming less frequent the last few years simply because the need is not as important as it used to be. Kinda like most things that after doing enough times it loses its initial appeal.

I do not go out dressed, but it is on the list of things I want to do.
    As mentioned in another thread, it's not because I want to go out dressed, it's because I want to be able to go out without regard to how I am dressed. I don't want my choice of clothing to dictate whether or not I go outdoors.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Quote Originally Posted by kendra_gurl View Post
    I've been out over 50 times and they are becoming less frequent the last few years simply because the need is not as important as it used to be. Kinda like most things that after doing enough times it loses its initial appeal.
    Kendra - EXACTLY EXACTLY. I wonder what is the point? I hate going to the shops as a male so why would it be any different in a dress. I went out several times to see what it was like, to many different venues and the result was the same at each. It quickly lost its appeal.
    I didnt feel any different inside - just silly. I noticed young people look at you funny as they are much more aware than adults. They can tell something is wrong but maybe not what is wrong.
    There must be something I am missing. But like Samantha says everyone is different and everyone has to make their own decision.

I go out at least twice a month with friends to our group meeting at a local club. I also get the chance every few months to go out shopping and dining with my wife and sometimes my grown daughter. I love karaoke and dancing but just doing regular things in the daylight is much more fulfilling for me. I could never go back to just "practicing" at home!
    Sally

Platinum Member
    I go out regularly, most often to daylight venues like Starbucks, the bank, the mall grocery store...even to get auto maintenance. For evening excursions I've pretty much done the whole range from restaurants and bars to the theatre. As others have said, when you finally get out, it feels so natural to be out among other people.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm out 2-5 times a month, in the most public of public eyes. I dress the way I feel.

Only every chance I get unfortunately with my work schedule and family commitments is not very often. What out when this girl retires!

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Advice: It is fun to compare, to read, and to learn from each others' posts but please do not consider CD/TG/TS as a competitive event, just be yourself at whatever level and activity that you feel comfortable. It is as "legitimate" to be in the closet as it is to be "out and about."
    Persephone.
    Thank you Persephone. This is a journey and about expressing yourself. There are no winners or losers, and it's not a competition. Sometimes I sense the competition mentality on here, and a few times I've seen it expressed directly, and this is largely because of testosterone poisoning and being raised as a male. And no, I have not been watching too many Disney cartoons, although I like watching Disney cartoons and sitcoms sometimes.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Love the meme! I've been out before at both special events and just driving around. Once your heart stops racing over the realization that you're dressed as a girl in public, it becomes very relaxing.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Been doing it for almost 50 years. No big deal any more , becomes the new normal with everything already done, accomplished, been there done that. Bars, clubs, shopping movies and restaurants with my wife or alone, out to concerts with my friends posing as their wives, Ladies room, dressing rooms, done it all, blend in and chit chat with them like another GG and they haven't got a clue. Almost boring now. Reminds me of that Peggy Lee song song " Is That All there Is"

I started going out recently, around 10 weeks now. I underdress 4-5 times a week, in total have only been out dressed probably 6 times. It does certainly make me feel absolutely Fabulous. I do start to get concerned when someone makes me, I just worry what are they going to do? To date I have been safe, not hassled by other folk. I do not go out of my way to draw attention to myself, all that has happened so far is some folk....look and do nothing......look, stare and laugh......whistle/hi darling.......I guess I should expect such things, as hard as I try I do not fully pass as a Lady.................more practice required. WT, Alice

Nope. Never have. But, I'm determined to do it. Funny thing is that 6 months ago I would never have entertained the idea. Things change. There's no standing still it seems. It does take a lot of courage to take that first big step out of the nest. Wish me luck.

I've done it a couple of times, got a bit tipsy and my CD friend managed to drag me out to some clubs. It was amazing but I'd rather not have done it, because now it's really tough to figure out which one of two lifes you'd rather live when you hate one of them and the other one is a diva life in which everyone treats you like a superstar.

And yes, I shouldn't have to choose which life to live but my everyday life is increasingly looking like a prison for me.

So, I actually found a support group. I went out as Izabella tonight. It was pretty much my first time out and I was nervous as hell. It was so strange, but once I stopped worrying about what I was wearing and started observing everyone else I forgot how nervous I was. After a while it seemed like I was just another "girl" in the room. It was a small group and seemed close. I was new and was too nervous to reach out too much but it started to feel comfortable.
    At this point in my life I don't really have anyone to come out with. The group setting seems to make sense. The have social outing where they go out as a group. To me this seems like a good place to start. It was comforting to hear the similarities I had with them. It was also a good social opportunity. I've been hiding Izabella for so long. It feels good to know that she just might make a couple of friends.

Yeah, I go out all the time.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Who doesn't? LOL Actually, I would guess that the vast majority of this forum are well closeted and many are quite happy with that situation. It's easily understandable with so much to lose if discovered. I'm retired and divorced and can do as I please with very little to lose, so I go out to select venues of my choosing whenever I like.