Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you been to a crossdress meeting or party?

Have you been to a crossdress meeting or party?

I have recently being looking at possibly attending a CD meeting like Tri Ess or one of the other groups we have here in the NJ area. I was wondering if anyone has ever gone to meetings fem/not fem and if it is benfiting or enjoyable?

Absolutely. It is how I got out the door dressed the first time.
    Have you been out at all? Is this a way to try, or have you already done that and are just looking for new friends and others to share experiences with?

i will be looking to attending some thing in the area this year, just to get out either way,
    hoping the Mrs takes it well though....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Platinum Member
    Hi Lacey, That is something that I would like to do.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Surprisingly for me I have only been about three times, never bothered to join a group.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well, I was at the Dunes for TG weekend Friday hee haw! It's nice being en femme and hanging out with other CDs. Don't know about Tri Ess though. Find a fun, casual group if you can.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Hi Lacy, Well, you know so much of what you get out of any thing worth doing is what you put into it. I been attending my local TG Support group for the last six months now. It's really the only time I dress en femme in a public setting. I change on site so , when I leave and return to the house, I'm in drab mode. For the opportunity to dress in public and be around other transgender men and women, be accepted, and the opportunity to interact as Cassie is priceless. If you get a chance, check your group out, you don't have to attend religiously if chose not too, but once you do attend, you realize one more resource of support.

Cassie

I am definitely planning to go to my local tg/cd support group. They meet once a month and I can't make this month, so next month for sure. I don't know if I will go dressed the first time or not.

I have a awesome wife and she is encouraging us to go because she thinks I will like it but I have never been out dressed just with her so that's one the biggest fears. Like do you attend the meeting in enfem? do you try to change your voice? Just so much concerns lol.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I've not only been to one, I'm now an event organizer for one.

Since March 2013, I've been attending the monthly crossdresser meetups at the Gender Identity Center of Colorado, on the second Friday of every month. Last November, Julie, the previous event organizer, had to step down for reasons of health, and she asked me to take her place. The other group members seem to like the job I'm doing. I appreciate having the chance to help out my sisters.

Our group doesn't insist anyone come dressed, though of course I present fully as Amy including my Amy-voice. (We also provide facilities for people to change when they arrive, if they'd rather do it that way.) We listen to everyone's concerns, and we have, not just me, but a GIC student intern, to act as co-facilitators. I find it enjoyable and I believe that others in the group find it enjoyable as well.

Lacey, if you're in the Denver area, I would encourage you to join our Meetup group (link in my signature) and come to our meeting. If not, I encourage you to seek out a similar group whereever you are. I believe you'll get a lot out of it.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Yes, I've been to CD club meetings, CD parties, CD conferences, dinners with CD girlfriends, and clubbing every Friday evening with my CD girlfriends. As far as I'm concerned getting out with good friends, CD or otherwise, is what life is all about. It just seems to bring out the very best in all of us.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    these are probably the BEST places to go out too for fun... most the gals are friendly and it is a safe enviornment ....it is good to go out with like minded people

If you are considering a Tri-Ess meeting in NJ then I'll see you there.
    I've been a member of SNR chapter for about 10 years. We have lots of nice people and always have fun.
    It's a good place to start your journey out of the closet.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Yes I have and they were all wonderful.

Hi,

Yes iv been to quite a few, both here in New Zealand and Austraila i would say they were more for those who are dresser's , in one well three we'v had 120 and the other two 80 for each event ,

while i was with them i meet many people who had nothing to do with our events so was pretty good and i went around the area's concerned, out and about, doing my photography

from a dresser 's point of view thiers the comments from them was a really good opitunity for them to be with others who had that interest, i all so have helped others with thier details and were ever they needed help.so is well worth the time,

...noeleena...

Smile

YES!

I have been to many meetings of a couple of different groups as well as to National Events.

Going to the meetings can be a very rewarding experience as it will give you a safe place to be your feminine self. If you aren't sure about how you should dress for the meeting, contact them before hand.

In fact contacting them ahead of time would be a good idea. Times are changing but many of the girls may still be in the closet outside the group so they protect their anonymity.

Attending in either female or (gasp) male mode should not be an issue. If you can't travel to the meeting in your female persona, ask if they have a changing area. Some groups may have a room set aside for this. One group I visit a lot use the ladies room which leaves a lot to be desired but beggars can't be choosers.

So there you have it. Good luck and be sure to let us know how it turns out!

Love,
    Linda W.

Naw, never been to a mtg. dont think they have them around here, at least never heard of it! Was invited to a party, glad I didnt go

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    Don't really have much of a support group in Ohio. I usually try to attend the GNO or mini-GNO in Warren. Trying to find out more in my area, but no luck so far.

I've attended several cross-dresser's meetings and parties as well as transgender support meetings.
    Personally, I found the transgender support meetings to be far more interesting, because many of the people there were actually transitioning, which gave me hope.
    At the "Crossdressers" meetings, there is less effort to even try to sound female, and when meetings are held in public places like hotels, it can attract some unwanted attention.
    Still, the people are usually fun, and many are quite beautiful, even with their booming bass voices. Others are clearly inexperienced, but it's clear to see that they are having a great time.
    I do recommend that you go if you get the chance.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Yup..been to a couple.. Hope to hit up a more local one in a couple weeks.
    Always great to meet like-minded people and to learn of experiences... especially as I'm a bit of a newbie dresser...
    Due to not having a SO and living single I just dress at home and go out to them...
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Well last year I went to Diva Las Vegas but unfortunately missed it this year. Something about Las Vegas makes it easier to get out and I went out femme multiple nights and met a great group of girls and had a great time.

I go quite regularly to local TG meetups as well as dinner outings at various restaurants. Some times are more fun than others, but I usually have a good time.

Just went to a CD party this weekend - it was so much fun!

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Yes Lacey, I went to my first Tri-Ess meeting at 18. EnFemme of course. A very safe environment for you & your wife. A number of wives/gf's were there.
    Quite the thing to see the hotel meeting room fill up with 80 crossdressers & SO's. There was a room for changing. Room discounts were given to Tri-Ess members.
    You will meet a very diverse bunch. All ages, heights, sizes, styles & backgrounds. It is very good to get out to meet others. Many many stories to share.
    There are places to go to after meetings, if one desires. There will also be other Tri-Ess events offered throughout the year. Enjoy Lacey
    Last edited by dana digs sweaters; 04-08-2014 at 05:45 PM.

So it seems like most of you girls enjoy your time at the groups, but how do most the groups run? like meet and greet and confessions? I applogize now if im asking so many questions it just seems scary to think about going out and other people knowing about your secret. Even know my wife is supportive it still even awkward to dress in front of her and talk about stuff.