Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gals and Girls and Gurls

Gals and Girls and Gurls

Seem like every one on here calls each other one of the names above. Do we all enjoy being called a gal, sister, girl, or even gurl? I have grown a custom to even doing this in private with several on here and they call me by these also. I can see the TGs enjoying this and the ones that are having the full trans, but what about just a guy that enjoys dressing in women's clothes. I sometimes wonder if anyone would rather not be called the gender we love to dress as or if we are just pretending to the fullest that we can? This is meant especially for the guys that just enjoy dressing, such as myself. I enjoy the gender association but really don't want to go thru a transformation to the opposite gender. Just wondering about it Gals....

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I only know us as the girl I see (or name)...so I assume we mostly like
    that...(?)

I can handle most anything myself. I got tired of being offended long ago.
    It was a waste of time for me....and I often simply misunderstood.

I like to have fun with it. Else...it's not fun. lol!

~Miss Kate~ Heehee!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Call me anything you like, so long as you don't call me late for my dinner.

With that firmly out of the way, I don't find any of the terms or spellings offensive or otherwise, so address me as you see fit on the day, so long as it isn't obviously derogatory. I like to be called Rebecca when dressed and with the appropriate pronouns, but that's about it. My wife doesn't call me Rebecca though, but I can go with that.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Call me Tracii and I'm good

I like to keep my two lives completely separate and so being referred to as girl just makes that much better for me

We had a Senior VP in our company when I started back in the 70s who called us all girls.... not in a derogatory way either... and I liked it.... I hate any other form.... gurl.... gal... hon.... honey....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I don't get too bent out of shape by minor variations in names so all of them are OK by me.

"Gurl" is somewhat problematical as it sets us apart, but I'm equally guilty of using the term "sister" with the meaning of "TG individual."
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I don't care much to be honest, female pronouns are a bit of a compliment though so its nice. But I know of a couple full time transgirls that struggle to get everyone to use female pronouns because they knew the "boy", and that's understandably upsetting. So I'd always use female pronouns for people who are trying to look like girls, and let them correct me if I'm wrong.

As for gurl/sister/honey/whatever else, it sometimes gets a little silly on websites like this, like its forced. Although maybe people really talk like that, I don't know.

Jacqueline
    I don't care for labels for anyone but when someone calls me Miss, I nearly burst with joy!

Girl, gal, lady, woman, female pronouns, I love them all. I can do without "gurl" though.

Girl? Who me? What?

The first time I read one of those types of words in reference to me I was a bit shocked. Just reading it and hearing it in my head made me feel quite strange. It didn't last long at all though. I realized that the person using the word has only seen me presenting myself as a female, so why wouldn't they refer to me as one. Now it has become completely acceptable to me. Whether it's used as a compliment, or just
    as a way to have a bit of fun.
    Now if you tried calling me dude, or guy while seeing me in full dress I might get a bit weirded out, " Dude you look hot in those thigh highs and dress", sounds strange to me.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Here's how I see it:
    Regardless of how someone presents, we should refer to them as they prefer.
    But if we don't know that, we should refer to them as they present.
    If their presentation is ambiguous, ask or avoid committing to a specific gender reference.
    I'm, like you, a guy who likes to dress, and I have a feminine name and picture, so I prefer to be referred to as "she" when online or en femme in person..
    As to the girl, gal, gurl - not important enough to take offense.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 04-10-2014 at 06:19 AM. Reason: corr

The pronoun war rages. Big problem is, and will be, that when guys take female pronouns for themselves, it just makes everything confusing because no one really knows who is who. I know it's nice to call people whatever they want to be called, but it just gets everything very mixed up. A perfect example is the date a crossdresser website. EVERYONE lists themselves as female, even though the vast majority are guys who insist that they are heterosexual; but if they're listing as girls, wouldn't that mean they're attracted to boys? So there's no way to know who is male and who is female. We have the same here. May as well not even have names up.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Call me anything you.... What ? Another Brit's done that one...? Bet it's that Rebecca Garl...

"Now then, now then, guys and gals..." Remember who used to say that...? (Another Brit joke..)

I remember someone saying a few months back that they found 'gurl' somewhat offensive... I can see that - but then wouldn't it be possible for GGs to find us using 'girl' offensive...? That's reasonable too.

On the other hand (and somewhat ironically, I find..) you have a mixed group of male and female clients in a restaurant and they are now almost universally hailed by the waiting staff with "Hi guys..." and "How are you guys today..." (Personally, I blame the Americans for this...) My wife finds this extremely annoying... but can you imagine the same group being welcomed with "Hello ladies..."? Unlikely...

What was the point...?

I'd be happier with Babe, Doll, Girl or Gal - In fact, Everything But The Gurl...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I am not interested in transitioning and I do not think that I am a female. Nor do I think that my fem side is my true persona.

With that being said, if I am dressed as a woman, please address me as such. It's weird not to.

What do I not like, gurl. It goes along with murse, and mandles, and manscaping, and blah, blah, blah.

I love being called 'girl' or 'hon' and such.. but that may be partly from my early bi/gay days. Gay boys call each other that kind of thing all the time.

It just fits me now as well or better, because the girl inside here loves the attention.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Not too dissimilar from a thread of about 2 years ago as are the responses including call me for supper.

Thinking about it, I would prefer to be called something gender-neutral, such as "Your Majesty"!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Her Nibs

GIFs are translated to JPGs by default??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Here's how I see it:

I'm, like you, a guy who likes to dress, and I have a feminine name and picture, so I prefer to be referred to as "she" when online or en femme in person..
    Nicole, right on again, Girlfriend!

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post

I'd be happier with Babe, Doll, Girl or Gal - In fact, Everything But The Gurl...
    She said it best and this is exactly the way i feel. If i meet you here or in public while i'm all dolled up i'd hope i wouldn't be called Sir.

I prefer the term "gurl" for myself,it does set me apart from a real girl,which I am obviously not...but don't really care which one is used...

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I too am a guy who just happens to like girls, ladies, womens clothes. So if that's how my pictures present than girl or lady or hon is good for me. Nobody knows my male side anyway

Banned Read only
    As a trans woman, the term gurl infuriates me, as it's been used a time or two to misgender me. I don't care if others apply it to themselves, but I feel it's inappropriate for me. However, it's less offensive than calling me a <offsensive transsexual "S" word>.

I'm just a old crossdresser and I love being called a girl. I often wish I could be a real girl.
    Angie