Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever change your femme name?

Formerly lisameaghan :) Lisa Maren's Avatar

Ever change your femme name?

Hi everyone

Here's a hypothetical (at least for me) thought:

The thought has crossed my mind that if I ever did find an SO I might need to use a different femme name regardless of the name of my SO.

Lisa is the name of a girl in high school who liked to wear pantyhose and also the name of a pretty redhead I once kissed on the forehead. I have wondered from time to time if, for those reasons, using the name Lisa for myself might cause any sort of problem with the SO if I had one. I wouldn't really be surprised if it did. I would understand that.

Has anyone else ever changed their femme name? (I'd bet that some of us have.)

Hugs,
    Lisa
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.
    -- A twist on Ralph Waldo Emerson

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas. (Where there is doubt, there is freedom.)
    -- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    I'll always be Angela
    Wouldn't ever change her.
    Coudn't be anyone else!
    A big Giant kiss to all my sisters here.
    Mmmwahh, Mnnnwahh!
    Its great being a girl!

I'll always be Angela?
    Then change to Angie?
    Sorry!
    I'll stick with Angie.
    It's still great being a girl!

Love Angie XX

Love Angie XX
    Last edited by Angela Burke; 01-14-2006 at 12:24 AM.

At first I was Lacie. But this caused an issue for my wife because of a real person of that name that she knew. So after a bit of negotiation with her, I am now Sheila when wearing "normal" dresses and skirts. But when I have a full skirted dress or full skirt (poufed out with petticoats), I am Cinderella (her idea, but I am getting used to it).

My forum login, Sparkle, comes from a material used to make petticoats and my jewlery tastes.

Hi. Hun...NEVER changed my name...NEVER will...I like my femme name...and it actually means something to me...which is the main reason I chose it in the first place.
    Love nikki. x

Hi Lisa,

I may have to change mine soon. My wife recently found out about my dressing and we're slowly talking about it. With my first wife I chose the name Joanne because it is a derrivation of my name and my sister's who should have been me. Well, my new wife's name is Joanne and she uses Jo or JoJo as a nick name. So do I. So I think I'll be changing my femme name. I've been racking my brain trying to decide what it should be and still use the nick name Jo. Nothing sounds just right.

Love, Jo
    It is hard work to be beautiful.

What we are given is our Fate...What we do with it is our Destiny!

I've gone through a couple names myself. I always liked names that are spelled differently. My first name was Renae then I went with Mandi. I never wanted anything close to my male name of Chris. Well about a year I got over that and settled on Krissi. Spelled way different, but close enough that I can respond to.
    Krissi

I had to change mine. My wife always knew I had a "thing" for lingerie but when she found out the whole truth, so to speak, the only thing she couldn't accept was my choice of name, Jennifer. Everything else she was fine with, almost without question.
    So she decided to re-christen me and she chose Maddie. I still prefer Jennifer, but hey ho, its a small price to pay for such an accepting wife!

me change never

Quote Originally Posted by Angela XX
    I'll always be Angela
    Wouldn't ever change her.
    Coudn't be anyone else!

Love Angela XX
    Im like angea,fallen angel has been around for so long and very much part of my life i couldnt bear to do it xxxx

Banned Read only
    [SIZE=3]Cheryl-----Amy-----Deborah.

Yes i'm done. I'm not changing it anymore.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

GypsyKaren
    Hi Lisa

I've always been Karen, always will be, it's who I am. I picked up the nickname Gypsy last year from my wife, it seems to fit me rather well.

GypsyKaren

Smile Not in this life time

I love my name as much as I love my "Barely There" panties, which I change every day but I'll never change my name.

My real name is "Richard" and was called "Ricky" from which "Ricki" evolved.

Ricki B Good
    [SIZE="1"]Member: Diablo Valley Girls[/SIZE]

I changed...

...Mine from Michelle to Amelia, I cant think I'll be changing it again though.

Hugs
    Amelia xxx

I've not changed mine and my wife hasn't had any issues with it, so I don't think I will have a need to do so.
    DonnaT

Hi Lisa,
    Cool thread!

Uhm, I met this couple at our groups Xmas party last year and the cd introduced himself to me as Stephanie, then he introduced his girlfriend , Stephanie....I was like...."oh, okay." Of course he had that name picked way before he met his girlfriend, but I thought it was kinda funny.

My hubby had Amanda for ages I guess. I kinda like it and I can't seem to recall ever knowing a gg from my real life with that name so no weird conotations with it...now....if he had been an Emily .....oh...dont' wanna go there...

I never chose my femme name. It was given to me by a girl who worked for a dressing service I went to in the early days of my cross dressing. I was about 18 and it was my first ever time fully made up and dressed and she looked me up and down and said "you look like a Fiona"

To be honest, there are alot of girls names I like better (Stephanie is always one that tempted me) but after she named me Fiona I just thought it was right to stick with it. It is who I am.

I guess I'm a rather odd breed then, as I don't have a 'femme name' at all. Miriannah? Well, that's just a nice, anonymous nickname to use for posting here and nothing more.

The closest for me would be various names I've used in various online games, although I've changed them several times. So, I guess my answer is yes, I would. ^^

I actually named myself on my first outing en femme, it was halloween (of course) and I dressed like a call girl, and my ex as my pimp.

We were having a good time until a drunk fella kept hitting on me, and I finally said..."Dude, I'm A Man, Duh! And thats how I was christened Amanduh.

Aspiring Member
    I changed my name from Dorothy to Fiona around the same time as I changed countries and nationality. No! I wasn't on witness protection.

Fiona xx

I used to be Catherine as that was going to be my name if I were born a GG, but wife has a sister with the same name so I changed it about a year ago. I couldn't find a feminine version that I like of my first name - Matthew, so I feminized my middle name - Ellis.

Ellisia

Loving life as a girl.... Michelle_1010's Avatar
    I still use two ....for the most part I use Michelle due to the fact that my name is Mike but I like the name Tamara better.. I just think that it is a much sexier name so in some cases I use that also....

Yeah, one for each forum that I partake in. Although I'm fairly new to this one, I have been posting in other forums for a couple of years.

Sandra is actually the name of a friend of the wife. I didn't choose it because of her, but just liked the name.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

I haven't changed it. IF I ever decided to go any furthur, I doubt i'd keep my name though.
    Hail Satin!

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne08
    Hi Lisa,

I may have to change mine soon. My wife recently found out about my dressing and we're slowly talking about it. With my first wife I chose the name Joanne because it is a derrivation of my name and my sister's who should have been me. Well, my new wife's name is Joanne and she uses Jo or JoJo as a nick name. So do I. So I think I'll be changing my femme name. I've been racking my brain trying to decide what it should be and still use the nick name Jo. Nothing sounds just right.

Love, Jo
    What about Jolene? I rather like that name. A friend of mine has taken that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisia_Lynch
    I used to be Catherine as that was going to be my name if I were born a GG, but wife has a sister with the same name so I changed it about a year ago. I couldn't find a feminine version that I like of my first name - Matthew, so I feminized my middle name - Ellis.

Ellisia
    You could of gone with Maddie? Rachel

Silver Member

kind of

30 years ago when I was in collage I used the name Dolly---but when I started dressing again 20 years ago I took Janessa and never went back---Janessa Lashe